Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trustworthy Exchanges? HELP!  (Read 427 times)
kidwok (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:52:43 AM

I have only been exchanging for a month now, but I noticed that some of the exchanges seem a little janky in their practices.

Today, I woke to find one of the exchanges, which shall remain... Cryptsy... has take SPOTS off their exchange.

Now, SPOTS does not even show up in the balances so I don't have a way of even getting these back to my wallet.

At the very least, should a proper way of doing business be to remove the coin and post "We are no longer trading SPOTS on this exchange, please redeposit them to your wallets."

Easy enough, right?  I mean, you KNOW what crypto you are removing.  So, be thoughtful (BV and BJ) and just give a heads up.  Your credibility will go up when you think of others' time and efforts that have gone into this. Instead, I feel that you just ganked all my coins.

This causes me to think about how this whole thing is NOT regulated and ANY exchange could close up shop and take ALL our coins... What prevents that?

Does this raise any integrity flags to anyone else?

Is this a common practice with exchanges?

Please share your experiences and some remedies. 
Also, could you please leave comments about the trustworthy ones out there.

Thanks in advance.

If you would like to throw me a sexcoin just for gits and shiggles:  S1xpmzDci4fyS72uTkvUixgQUU3gKyGmky
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: