Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any altcoin promising?  (Read 930 times)
milesy (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:39:24 AM

After the rocketed high price of btc, so many new altcoins have been constructed.

But I am wondering, are they really thinking about changing the fundamental currency system or just want to make a fast money and then leave it away?

Some coins look like promising, ANC & XPM etc. but I can't see any innovative features ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mudkips

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:40:33 AM

FTC might be relevent somehow. Dogecoin is showing some really big growth even though it's a joke lol.
tearfereon

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:50:07 AM

After the rocketed high price of btc, so many new altcoins have been constructed.

But I am wondering, are they really thinking about changing the fundamental currency system or just want to make a fast money and then leave it away?

Some coins look like promising, ANC & XPM etc. but I can't see any innovative features ...

Most altcoins are pump and dump.
There are few altcoins making interesting features, but these are more like testing ground for Bitcoin only because these altcoins dont have any other real useability than trading to Bitcoin and no way to make any real infrastructure at all
semisyntheticpsy

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:51:21 AM

WDC imo ;P
travisby

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:47:12 AM

I've been following Digital Coin (DGC) for a few weeks.  The community is very professional, and believes DGC will take off.

Their estimation is ~ $2 by New Years.  From what I've been following of it, it seems to be a pretty stable (as-in, not going lower... it has its pretty big up days!), and a community that believes in it.  Listening in #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net will get you drinking the koolaid too.

Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:53:26 AM

I saw the colored coins lately i think  that is very cool  idea. This coins gives more  options than the BTC you can trade shares,bonds and comodities with this atl coins, i think it would be a good support to the BTC.

magikx21

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:02:21 AM

FTC is that one that shows up the most
SemiMolten

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:17:53 AM

FTC probably. Mining it for a few months now.

Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:58:51 AM

why the FTC? i mean how this is different and how does it support the BTC? thx for the help
milesy (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:39:55 AM

have heard of 51% attack once.

ToxiClay

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:46:29 AM

I'm fairly interested in Litecoin. The market's not currently huge for it, it's safe (for now) against the big heavy ASICs that are dominating the Bitcoin arena, and the return is okay. If Bitcoin starts getting hard stupid with the difficulty, I might try to ease back into mining for Litecoins instead of Bitcoins.
milesy (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:55:18 AM

I'm fairly interested in Litecoin. The market's not currently huge for it, it's safe (for now) against the big heavy ASICs that are dominating the Bitcoin arena, and the return is okay. If Bitcoin starts getting hard stupid with the difficulty, I might try to ease back into mining for Litecoins instead of Bitcoins.
It's a good idea.
BTC is too heavy for daily use, while LTC is a good alternative.
But even altcoin like LTC doing very good in the market, I am still looking for some altcoins that can provide an inspiring & revolutionary system, which I have failed, sounds to me the BTC is the final station to currency revolution.

I'd rather take it as a transfering system than a type of daily used currency.
ToxiClay

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:58:19 AM

It's a good idea.
But even altcoin like LTC doing very good in the market, I am still looking for some altcoins that can provide an inspiring & revolutionary system, which I have failed, sounds to me the BTC is the final station to currency revolution.

Oh, most definitely. I'd be using Litecoin as "a way to get Bitcoin," not as a currency/means of exchange in and of itself. The problem Litecoin specifically faces (which is true in general for all altcoins) is that Bitcoin has the enviable position of being first in its sphere. Bitcoin is pretty safe in its position -- I don't see much jarring it loose save for a catastrophic failure of the network.
cerleo

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:47:18 AM

Well,there are quite a lot of coins that seem can play their role and be valuable.LTC,as it seems,is one of but there are many others as well.However,I suppose ones will turn out to be better of the others but this is something which depends on a lot of factors.
Crypto4me

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:56:21 AM

Can someone tell me why the Dogecoin is becoming popular?  There are like tons of them.   Roll Eyes
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:57:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

Another new guy starting up here.  I've recently become interested in BTC over the past few weeks, and in return, I've been pulled further down into the AltCoin rabbit-hole.  

So far, I've acquired an interest in LTC and Datacoins (DTC), but I haven't been very active in the communities.

Here's where that stops, apparently!  I especially like the intrinsic value in their storage and the possibilities that are open to them.

Anyway, I hope I can contribute in a positive way.  Any help needed with basic linux stuff, design, etc., feel free to contact me Smiley

Regards

dogecoinforever

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:00:01 AM

dogecoin is becoming popular because of its ease of generation (a lot more satisfying to make 100 coins than .01 coins), its ridiculous satirical nature (poking fun at cryptocurrency in general) and the fact that it doesn't take itself very seriously with government regulations/long-winded posts about the future of the coin. It's fun, it's fast, and no one really has a whole lot to lose (unlike say bitcoin). Not that there isn't value to other coins, but this is why doge coin is gaining adoption. It's just a lot of fun Tongue.
milesy (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:01:59 AM

It's a good idea.

Oh, most definitely. I'd be using Litecoin as "a way to get Bitcoin," not as a currency/means of exchange in and of itself. The problem Litecoin specifically faces (which is true in general for all altcoins) is that Bitcoin has the enviable position of being first in its sphere. Bitcoin is pretty safe in its position -- I don't see much jarring it loose save for a catastrophic failure of the network.
cerleo

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:02:19 AM

Yes,that seems to be the main story for dogecoin-at the moment it's basen on some kind of fun and gaining interest.I don't know where it will land,though.There are other coins which seem promising,too.There's a lot to choose from.
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:27:20 AM

It's a good idea.

What do you mean by too heavy  for daily use?
It's as heavy as any coin out there!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: