Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show unread posts/Show new replies/Watchlist  (Read 164 times)
BQ (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:25:46 AM

I might be a bit stupid, but I can't seem to find somewhere see replies to my comments?
Show unread posts since your last visits = a ton of posts not related to my comments.
Show new replies to your posts = seems to just be replies to a thread I've posted in?
Watchlist = I went through some threads to see if someone had quoted me, but it seems like not?

I like to try and discuss things, but I can't seem to find way to see if someone quoted me, so I can continue the discussion without going through all these posts in 'Show new replies to your posts' or 'Watchlist'?

Thanks

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 02:30:17 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 02:52:26 AM by actmyname
Merited by BQ (1)

Go into the search tab and then write your name as a keyword. Put it in quotes for more relevancy and sort it by most recent (or whatever you would like). Then set the age appropriately.

Addendum: remember that it will only fetch the most recent reply if you sort it this way. If you are looking for all quotes within a certain thread, you will have to look manually. All this does is tells you whenever there is a recent post containing your name but not how many recent posts there are.

BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:38:25 AM

Go into the search tab and then write your name as a keyword. Put it in quotes for more relevancy and sort it by most recent (or whatever you would like). Then set the age appropriately.

It seems to work, thank you!

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
BQ (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 11:39:03 PM

Addendum: remember that it will only fetch the most recent reply if you sort it this way. If you are looking for all quotes within a certain thread, you will have to look manually. All this does is tells you whenever there is a recent post containing your name but not how many recent posts there are.

Hmm, I'm getting really inconsistent results lately with this!
It seems like 1/3 of the time it's showing like 10 results at most,
1/3 of the time it's showing seemingly completely random stuff, such as this(image)

and then finally the last 1/3 it's actually showing me posts in which people has quoted me.
It's not changing no matter how many times I try to search, it seems to be like these results last for a specific duration?
If I try go search a few hours later it shows something else.

this is what I search for:
Search For: "BQ"
Search Order: Most recent topics first

at first I assumed the search engine was being modified or something, but this has been going on practically since I started searching.
anyone know what's happening?  Huh

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 12:27:00 AM

1/3 of the time it's showing seemingly completely random stuff, such as this(image)
I do know about this issue and it fixes itself after some time. I have no idea what causes it but if you alter the range (age) it should be fine. I oscillate between 1 and 2 days of age, typically.

It seems like 1/3 of the time it's showing like 10 results at most.
A single result will appear for each thread. The reason is since the search targets only threads, rather than posts. You will have to delve into each of the threads to find all the quotes. Hence, if you are in only ten threads with heavy discussion you will only find out when your name is mentioned next (but not any previous times).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: