Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:21:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning about GoldSilverBitcoin  (Read 923 times)
172 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:10:09 AM

I could only post this here. Mods please move to a move visible location.

I was hesitant to start complaining about GoldSilverBitcoin because I wanted to assume this was a good faith merchant. I have purchased with them one in the past with success. However, on the 2nd purchase I made for 2 bitcoins I have not received what I ordered. It has been over 2 weeks. They have ignored my emails asking for an update. Moreover the phone number on their website is not in service. The only thing I received from them is the automatically generated bitpay receipt. I do still want to assume this is just a fledgling business and not a scam but at this point I think other people deserve to know that purchasing from them now is probably not a good idea. I will update with how this is resolved. Also please contact me if you are in a similar position. I am a lawyer and would pursue this if it becomes necessary out of principle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:54:50 AM

I believe strongly of investing in precious metals.

I am also a strong believer that purchasing them online through anyone other than a well-established, reputable vendor is a horrible idea.  In my opinion, the best place to buy PM's is your local coin shop.

Good luck in obtaining your goods, hope you don't end up getting screwed.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:56:34 AM

Hope this gets resolved satisfactorily, thanks for flagging this to the community

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:53:33 AM

GoldSilverBitcoin is a good metaphor.

SilverVigilante

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:37:42 PM

Hi,

I am Justin. I run GoldSilverBitcoin by myself. I am sorry if I missed some emails. That does happen from time to time either out of personal error or my Spam filter.

Have we touched base?

Currently, GoldSilverBitcoin is a brand new business and I am not backed by any investors, etc. So I am just trying to grow organically and conservatively. Hopefully, I will be able to hire some help here soon.

best,
Justin
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:25:06 PM

Another victim here - byers be ware - BuyGoldWithBitcoin may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:56:38 PM

If your claiming about your loss with a service w. a person on this forum, you should move this topic. Start this topic in the scam accusation area, and link this thread. I`m aware you are trying to help newbies, but most scams are in that section.

Also try to use "escrow" with a reputable person like "John K", to do anything on this forum.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 03:12:57 AM

This is a shame.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:37:06 AM

A few weeks ago, Coinabul conned the users. Now GoldSilverBitcoin too. Something going wrong in the BTC - Bullion sector.
C.Steven

Activity: 633

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:14:30 AM

Also try to use "escrow" with a reputable person like "John K", to do anything on this forum.

sarcasm? Or you didn't notice John K has gone for almost 3 months?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516308.0

techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:26:43 AM

I think he meant it as a sarcasm. If not, then I`d assume hes just trying to give a general right direction?

I guess some arent aware John K has or hasnt been gone. Outside from John K, theres a OGnasty, and others as well.

C.Steven

Activity: 633

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:31:44 AM

I think he meant it as a sarcasm. If not, then I`d assume hes just trying to give a general right direction?

I guess some arent aware John K has or hasnt been gone. Outside from John K, theres a OGnasty, and others as well.

True, using escrow with reputable people is definitely suggested, and there are still a dozen of trustworthy people out there.
But, we should stop using John K as an example lol. Cheesy

BuyGoldWithBitcoin

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 04:31:54 AM

Another victim here - byers be ware - BuyGoldWithBitcoin may be a scam or/and operated by an incompetent seller!

My coins never arrived (2+ months since ordered)

Had several communications with a person named Justin, he could not produce a proff of shipment nor he would send a refund.

FYI, my order number was 3500, paid with TXN ID: https://blockchain.info/tx/afd777d87a104a42b39e5ee99bbb1c3c25d27e9a00843af3458147702db7aba1

Will be regularuly posting this warning here, on reddit and several other forums to warn others.

kwilliams, would you mind correcting your posts? My website BuyGoldWithBitcoin DOES NOT sell coins or bullion! I don't sell anything! It's a review site only. You have me mixed up with the subject of this thread.

I have reviews up for my purchases from Agora Commodities, Amagi Metals, and the one you have me mixed up with, GoldSilverBitcoin. Please note the similarity in the name.

I hope you can find all the instances where you have copied and pasted this across the Internet! I've seen this picked up on several sites already that scrape content.

You can read my review about my unhappy experience with GSB here.
GoldSilverBitcoin

Activity: 80

Gold Silver Bitcoin: It's your choice

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:01:31 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is Justin O'Connell and I started GoldSilverBitcoin. While I have not yet read over all the messages in this thread, I will be shortly and sorting through them all.

I imagine at this point-in-time the issues highlighted here have been cleared up, except for one.

The purchase with BuyGoldWithBitcoin, this purchase was remedied, despite BuyGoldWithBitcoin never paying for the order, according to BitPay, who GoldSilverBitcoin uses. BuyGoldWithBitcoin received metal as a nice gesture regardless. So I look forward to putting some of his grievances with me in the past.

The last year has been a whirlwind ride for me personally and professionally. The pressure of doing considerable volume of business with GoldSilverBitcoin while holding down jobs on the side in order to ensure financial stability (starting a new business is expensive) meant some things, for worse,  went to the wayside, such as social media, including this account.

To clear some things up, here is my personal information:

Personal Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/justin.oconnell1

Lets Talk Bitcoin:
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/profile/user/justin

LinkedIn:
(I will add this shortly, profile not completed)

My Radio Show:
http://ourveryownspecialshow.com

my e-mail
justin@goldsilverbitcoin.com

Feel free to add me, email me, etc.

pos4me

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:21:04 PM

I would be interested in hearing the replies of the users here who complained.
I will check back.
kwilliams

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:14:32 AM

I’m writing in here to partially retract some of my earlier statements. Few weeks ago I finally did receive my coins in full and as advertised. While I continue to be unhappy about delivery speed, I have to admit that GoldSilverBitcoin in general and Justin in particular have handled the situation well. Whereas I continue to think that I will never use this site again, my earlier statements about the site being dishonest or or/and the operator being incompetent now feel overly exaggerated.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: