Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox is going to be an scam?  (Read 1381 times)
tylkotak (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:23:00 AM

With one exchange platform is trusted too handle biitcoins and sure that money I transfer won't be loses?
vervolioman

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:26:15 AM

There is a risk of bankruptcy whatwith lower volumes and all that $ still tied up in the coinlab lawsuit and with the FBI

If you mean in the case of an exchange run then i 'm not sure if any exchange out there will survive such an event  Roll Eyes

Exchanges should not use people deposits for business expenses, thats what fees are for.

What use is a signature?
stuartcharles

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:46:00 AM

What is your opinion?

Stay away from MtGox, BTC-e and OKPay.
Problems are reported with these lately

ive never had problems with btc-e and have sent wires over a 6 month period 
Antelop

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:45:39 AM

Please unlock my account,many thx!!!

user name:Antelop
Estaxes

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:41:13 PM

Please unlock my account,many thx!!!

user name:Antelop

I don't think mtgox people will see your post here...
Have you tried sending email and support tickets?
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:50:42 PM

I think people throw around the world scam too often. Getting cash out is hard but this is likely to be due to the huge influx if new customers. Granted they could always bring on board more staff.... Just be careful!!!
InitialDigital

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 04:32:42 PM

Scam is a strong word.

Mt. Gox is hemorrhaging from growth and new regulations.

Remember they were one of the first, if not the first, and the biggest.

You get gunned for, when you are at the top, so as a consumer you need to check your options and understand that good businesses run into problems and it is not always malicious.

Check the rest of the forum for alternatives.

I like the way you're thinking!
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:05:13 PM

My observations are:  No one can withdraw until money from newer deposits is acquired to pay you. If you try to fund a 2 factored account, they 'lose' your deposit. If you don't have 2 factor, they let you put money in, buy coins, and they disappear. If your unverified, your deposit make it to your account and then remain unverified. You might actually lose your verification status for no reason other than to stop you from trying to trade/withdraw.

They recently 'lost' a 3000USD deposit I made.

All the patterns I've been observing point to a scheme to cover their asses long enough to avoid being murdered by victims or face legal repercussions.. 

Of course they wait until the holidays, when banks are closed, to notify my that they cant find my transfer.

No one operates like this and consciously considers themselves legit business operators. They are borrowing from customer #2 to pay customer #1. Then borrowing from customer #3 to pay customer #2, and so on and so on. When the amount of deposits outnumbers the amount of withdrawals, the excuses flood in.  THIS IS AN ILLEGAL OPERATION.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: