Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be able to restricted in US?  (Read 504 times)
aquarius12 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:07:13 AM

Hello everyone! I'm just new to Bitcoin and I have a lot of questions to ask? But today I just want to ask few questions and hope you all can help me to answer it.

1. I have read many articles about Bitcoin and I think it's amazing. But I wonder whether US government will shutdown this currency like they did before with Liberty Reserve (LR). I'm just afraid that someday when I get my Bitcoin becoming fat and government will shut it down and I will lost everything.

2. I see that we can buy Bitcoin with Paypal at virwox.com but I'm worry if my Paypal account will be limited if Paypal figures out transactions that I made with Virwox and they think I buy Bitcoin from them

Please help. Thank you
Duck_Duck

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:30:22 AM

Regarding the second question, I don't suggest you to byu BTC through Paypal, in case of problems with the seller you can loose your money.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:41:35 AM

Hello everyone! I'm just new to Bitcoin and I have a lot of questions to ask? But today I just want to ask few questions and hope you all can help me to answer it.

1. I have read many articles about Bitcoin and I think it's amazing. But I wonder whether US government will shutdown this currency like they did before with Liberty Reserve (LR). I'm just afraid that someday when I get my Bitcoin becoming fat and government will shut it down and I will lost everything.

They can't shut it down that way because bitcoin is decentralized and has no similarities with LR whatsoever.

infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:09:22 PM

Actually BTC is being treated as a "commodity" rather than a "currency" and the U.S government will only care about a tax evasion, and money laundering therefore you don't do that don't worry about your money.
About PayPal, it will ban accounts that have anythings to do with Bitcoins, for now at least.
nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:53:24 PM

Actually BTC is being treated as a "commodity" rather than a "currency" and the U.S government will only care about a tax evasion, and money laundering therefore you don't do that don't worry about your money.
About PayPal, it will ban accounts that have anythings to do with Bitcoins, for now at least.

Please stop spreading FUD.
Paypal doesn't ban account which deal with bitcoins, They can't tell which payment is made for bitcoins and which for pizza.

The problem with PP is that many people fill a dispute after they send you the money and because of PP policies in 99% of the cases they get the money back , along with the bitcoins , and you end up with nothing.
If you have somebody you can trust that sells/buys with PP , there is no problem.

I've bought bitcoins for PP  with no problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: