Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pascazi Scores +1, Internets Are Anonymous No More  (Read 1378 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 06:30:27 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 04:20:09 AM by casascius

Press release from the website of Michael S. Pascazi, the guy who briefly tried to pull a fast one by filing an application to trademark the name "Bitcoin" for himself.

http://pascazilaw.com/news.html

August 4, 2011:

Pascazi Law Offices  Secures Court Order Requiring Yahoo! Inc. to Turn Over The Name of Anonymous E-Mail Writer.

Michael S. Pascazi Esq. recently secured a court order, on behalf of a client, from the New York State Supreme Court, compelling Yahoo! Inc. to turn over the name and address of an anonymous email writer, who was using his anonymity to harass and inflict emotional distress upon Attorney Pascazi's client. With the name and address of the emails' author, a lawsuit can be started by Attorney Pascazi, seeking monetary damages from the perpetrator.  What should be taken away from this event is that anonymity on the Internet only goes so far, and will crumble in the face of tortuous and/or criminal conduct.

Edit: Pascazi altered his news posting shortly after I made this post, apparently adding that these e-mails were "egregious" and "outlandish" and that his "client" had just lost a young son.  This quotation is the original version before his edit.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:33:09 PM

Well if someone is going to harass someone else, they should do it openly with their own name. They shouldn't hide behind anonymity (except in cases where they'd be put in physical harm if their identity was known). With that said, Yahoo should not have to surrender client records if it doesn't want to. The court should not have the authority to compel Yahoo to surrender data when Yahoo has not committed any crime.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 06:48:47 PM

Well if someone is going to harass someone else, they should do it openly with their own name. They shouldn't hide behind anonymity (except in cases where they'd be put in physical harm if their identity was known). With that said, Yahoo should not have to surrender client records if it doesn't want to. The court should not have the authority to compel Yahoo to surrender data when Yahoo has not committed any crime.

I am just mildly entertained that he went to that much effort.  If someone was harassing me in e-mail, and I wasn't in 7th grade trying to keep my reputation unscathed through puberty, I would probably just block them.  Or ignore them.  This looks more like tit-for-tat, he apparently wants to one-up somebody and make whoever is sending these e-mails pay to litigate over it.  And then he posts it on his news page, you know, like it's news, where further down the page he ironically makes himself out to be the champion against the "frivolous" actions of other lawyers.  I guess he has plenty of time on his hands, not a whole lot of clients I guess, perhaps New York's divorce rate plummeted to zero ever since they started accepting gay marriage and there's just not a lot of business anymore.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Anonymous

August 15, 2011, 06:52:12 PM

michaelpascaziscammer.com
indicasteve

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 09:20:32 PM

It is my opinion that Michael S. Pascazi is an asshole.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:24:13 PM

Nope, that's pretty much fact.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 09:30:04 PM

Nope, that's pretty much fact.

Smiley  you can get sued for facts...not for opinions.

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 03:38:18 AM

Let's fix that for SEO purposes....
Michael Pascazi is a scammer

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: