Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New User, New Project  (Read 425 times)
Monkeyclass (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 12:27:25 PM

Hello everyone.

After tinkering with Bitcoin for quiet a while, I have decided to come out of the shadows, and do my part to spread the interest, and knowledge of Bitcoin to other people.

I have decided to do so, by launching a site, that will teach some very basic, very simple, ways for people to understand, trust and get into Bitcoin. This site is aimed at people who are not as technically competent as most people on this forum, and will therefor probably won't be for you. Although you could show it to friends and family, who could be interested, but don't know where to get started. In the beginning it will launch as a Danish only site, as this is my native language, and location. I also want to create a high degree of trust, therefor I will focus on making it in Danish, as people tend to trust stuff in their native language more.

The site is currently under construction, but will go live (with MAJOR room for improvements) in the next couple of days.

If you want, you can follow the progress on www.coinstart.dk

If you are interested in helping, please let me know, and write to support@coinstart.dk.

Thank you for the interest.
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 12:47:59 PM

It's a good thing you want to invest your time in instructing the general public Bitcoin.
Are you planning only to tell how to use Bitcoin or also how it works?
For the general public to use something, they don't have to know (all) the internals.
And it's also quite hard on how to construct a good explanation.
I have seen many and often they want to tell too much.

I'm interested in the English version, maybe I will link it as an introduction to Bitcoin on my site.
Keep us updated. Grin

Monkeyclass (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:16:00 PM

I plan on explaining how it works, in a way so most people will if not understand, then have an idea of what is going on. I also think that the mistake that often happens, is that as you say, it is overexplained and/or to technical for the general public to understand.  Smiley

So far I have managed to teach my dad how to trade Bitcoin, and give him an idea of how I works (I like the gold is mined/bitcoin is mined analogy). And I will use him and other relatives, to get feedback on what they find difficult when I explain them what it is, as they are not very technical.

Thanks for the feedback Smiley
JAyThaRevo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:40:44 PM

Go ahead I say. Nothing to loose?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: