Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC via ACH  (Read 1168 times)
PRJGen_bit (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:47:10 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 02:49:41 AM by grue

I'm offering free BTC to whoever wants some.

I'm trying to buy a small amount of bitcoins for my first BTC transaction ever, approximately 4-5,000 usd worth.

I'm paying by ACH.   (why? ask bitfloor why they refunded our money to IAFCU which can only send an ACH and no wires-)

-There is no issue with the ACH at all, as I'm offering escrow with John K.  He holds the coins until the possibility of filing a reversal on the ACH has past.  So there-

So, I'm offering 5% on the transaction, which amounts to approximately $150-$200.  (Wow! $200 for nothing more than selling you some BTC??? Sh*t!!!)

Yes, that's right.  For nothing more than selling me some bitcoin.  Gox is a fraud, won't open an account for me, Coinbase said the transaction was 'high risk' (what???) and reversed my buy (bitfloor collapsed and held my money for six whole months-).  There are no real sellers of BTC as far as I can tell and no way to buy any except on the private market.

Which is why I'm offering you free money.  $200+- absolutely free to whoever sells bitcoins to me.

first come, first get.

PRJGen_bit

Moderator action: topic edited because the original (**Free BTC to whoever wants some- FREE as in FREE!**) was misleading
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamybtc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:54:36 PM

Have you ever tried real local sellers at localbitcoins.

I think you can get easily one of the best sellers.

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:12:08 AM

Why not withdraw money and deposit cash in the seller's account? My understanding is that bank transfers in the US can be reversed so no one is going to risk it.
PRJGen_bit (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:57:03 PM

Have you ever tried real local sellers at localbitcoins.

I think you can get easily one of the best sellers.

thanks- good idea- I'm looking into it.
PRJGen_bit (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:05:18 PM

Why not withdraw money and deposit cash in the seller's account? My understanding is that bank transfers in the US can be reversed so no one is going to risk it.

right- but my understanding is that ACH is irreversible after 30 days.  I wish I could withdraw it in cash-  bitfloor held my funds for nearly six months while bitcoin went from 65$ to what it is now- really bad "luck".  After they 'refunded' it, it could only be sent to one place, IAFCU, which mysteriously can't send a wire.

IAFCU is what what we call a 'honeypot' run by federal authorities.  The feds made a deal with Roman apparently in order to avoid money laundering charges he would cooperate and only withdraw funds to people to this 'fake' credit union -which was specifically set up to nail people who are withdrawing under false identities.  There's no wiring out into bitcoin-   This means for the unlucky people like myself who are using their real identities with IAFCU, we are in the same boat as the others- no convenient wire out to bitcoin/anonymity Smiley  It's 'clever' if you will, but it really is a huge inconvenience for those of us who don't have another bank account in the US due to being in 'chexsystems'. 

That's the long story (sigh).  "bitfloor and the honeypot".

My funds are totally stuck in the honeypot unless I can find an ACH out.
Exocyst

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Science!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:54:35 AM

So the feds are ostensibly watching this account, so whoever is lucky enough to sell you some bitcoin will be getting some unwanted attention from AML taskforce. Tough break for you and tough break for whoever sells BTC to you. Is there a way around this?

jerem2398

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:56:59 AM

Use Paypal, send to me as a gift so no chargeback. Say it was a coding service, and then profit Wink . I could sell 5-6 btc if you will pay an above market price xD .
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:49:52 AM

topic edited because the original (**Free BTC to whoever wants some- FREE as in FREE!**) was misleading

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
omegaflare

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:18:51 AM

So the feds are ostensibly watching this account, so whoever is lucky enough to sell you some bitcoin will be getting some unwanted attention from AML taskforce. Tough break for you and tough break for whoever sells BTC to you. Is there a way around this?

It's not illegal to buy bitcoins in the US.

PRJGen_bit (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:34:51 PM

true- but the Feds are likely watching all the accounts at IAFCU hoping mine isnt' 'special' :| .  I've not heard of any problems yet but that doesn't mean one wouldn't arise-, and Jordan Modell has been great and helpful, but still admittedly a transfer from any IAFCU account could have their attention on it as you said -

possibly Paypal is a way around it, I'm looking into it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: