Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:22:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it hit $1000 again?  (Read 15440 times)
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:17:26 PM

Quote from: Don007 link=topic=373275.msg10545215#msg10545215
I think some disruptive innovations have to come around the increase the value of the coin again. Maybe some innovations that make it even more easier to use Bitcoin for the "normal" people.

This. I just cant see how the price can rise above 400 without a major news release about a new use of bitcoin that will deliver clear cost reductions and does not require people to hold btc for any more than a few seconds, and certainty does not require a physical wallet buried in the garden.
Mellnik

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:28:11 PM

We'll definitely see $1000 again but not this month I think, in January or February probably.

loooool

Nothing is going to happen before the new year. were gonna stay stagnant for the remainder of the month and then come January 3rd we'll be back in our upward swing.

Expect $1500 btc's by mid January.

loooool
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:30:38 PM

Quote from: Don007 link=topic=373275.msg10545215#msg10545215
I think some disruptive innovations have to come around the increase the value of the coin again. Maybe some innovations that make it even more easier to use Bitcoin for the "normal" people.

This. I just cant see how the price can rise above 400 without a major news release about a new use of bitcoin that will deliver clear cost reductions and does not require people to hold btc for any more than a few seconds, and certainty does not require a physical wallet buried in the garden.

I think that case exist.  I finally used the Circle wallet to buy something at a store here in Chicago last week, scanned the QR, and it automatically deducted the amount from my bank account in $, paid the equivalent $ cost in BTC, and I really didn't even have to know BTC was being used in the background.  Finally a good experience for normal consumer.

As for other news, it will obviously seem to be wall street will be the news for this year.  Gemini releasing, then the first ETF will surely open up the world for capital to pour in - price will follow.  Maybe not up to $1000 in a day, but it'll well exceed 1K in no time IMHO.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:05:41 AM

I think it willhit $1000 again, but not for quite awhile, maybe a few years
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:10:49 PM

If the 1000 value was all down to the gox insider trading scam then it will likely be a very long time before bitcoin achieves this value again. I think it can easily happen but it will be down to merchant adoption and mainstream acceptance which will take a couple of years. I would rather see a slow but steady growth rather than a quick rally also which I think it will be.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:14:22 PM

Nada doesn't look like it ever will. But it doesn't have to hit for it being a success
It does. Mathematically speaking, if the marketcap surpasses X billions of dollars (for example VISA) the price should be much much higher than 1000K. Its just pure math..
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:17:15 PM

I dont think bitcoin will ever hit $1000 again, there will be no more bubbles because there are many more merchants/exchanges now

LewiesMan

Activity: 384

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:56:00 PM

I dont think bitcoin will ever hit $1000 again, there will be no more bubbles because there are many more merchants/exchanges now

Trust me, there will be big bubbles still with big investors getting in.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:08:02 PM

I expect to see $1000 in H2 2015. Let's say I hope so...

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:32:50 PM

Money moves mountains.

At this point there is soo little money in Bitcoin that real investors with hundreds of millions of new money can shake things up quite a bit.

Best years for Bitcoin will come, don't worry. If you do worry, then sell your coins.  Smiley
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:32:16 PM

Have anyone given the thought that few more halvings can actually reduce the amount of new coins to the market and that supply is now much lower than the demand... and this coupled with ever increasing higher adoption rate. I don't know but i see every possibility as we progresses further

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:05:47 PM

Have anyone given the thought that few more halvings can actually reduce the amount of new coins to the market and that supply is now much lower than the demand... and this coupled with ever increasing higher adoption rate. I don't know but i see every possibility as we progresses further
Halving events occur in approximately four year cycles.
Next Bitcoin halving will happen in the end of July 2016 (clock here: http://bitcoinclock.com/). 
So I am not sure if you aware of the time perspective, when talking about 'few more halvings'.

this space is intentionally left blank
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:53:32 PM

If bitcoin succeeds, a price increase is inevitable, it's basically cause and effect, thats why so many people is holding long term.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:59:13 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 03:55:21 PM by ThatDGuy

If bitcoin succeeds, a price increase is inevitable, it's basically cause and effect, thats why so many people is holding long term.

This is true, although even a bit more simply: If demand remains constant, the price increase is inevitable because the supply rate is diminishing at a constant rate until it is fixed.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:04:47 PM

I believe someone dug out this thread in order to show people how there were people waiting for BTC to go up to $1000 again in December 2013... Well, i tell you what: I'm fairly certain that it will return to those prices, and even form new All Time Highs we can't even dream about now.

NotHatinJustTrollin

Activity: 462
Merit: 107

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:25:51 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 07:58:04 PM by NotHatinJustTrollin

This is true, although even a bit more simply: If demand remains constant, the price increase is inevitable because the supply is diminishing at a constant rate until it is fixed.
"Supply diminishing"? What?
Supply is growing at an insane pace, maybe you meant that *supply increase* will diminish over time...
Also, as far as we can see, demand is decreasing, not remaining constant:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934650.0

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

This is true, although even a bit more simply: If demand remains constant, the price increase is inevitable because the supply is diminishing at a constant rate until it is fixed.
Supply is growing at an insane pace, maybe you meant that supply increase will diminish over time...
I would go even further and state that due to the huge supply, Bitcoin will have to face the deflation. With huge supply of Bitcoins and each time more people offering services paid in Bitcoins, it will drive down the prices of the services, and thus deflation may pop up.

this space is intentionally left blank
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:48:52 PM

Supply is growing at an insane pace, maybe you meant that *supply increase* will diminish over time...

How do you even calculate demand accurately? Plus we don't know how things are going to develop. It only takes one day for things to blow up then all your work trying to predict adaption goes to hell as it goes viral overnight.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:23:50 AM

I believe someone dug out this thread in order to show people how there were people waiting for BTC to go up to $1000 again in December 2013... Well, i tell you what: I'm fairly certain that it will return to those prices, and even form new All Time Highs we can't even dream about now.

if you put no time limit, or use something like 5-10 years, its pretty sure to say that that may just happen and we see new ath.
dec 2013 prices were too optimistic, and it was obvious how that couldnt sustan for long, same thing would happen now if we would go to 1200-2000 usd, after just few months we would drop atleat half value.
we can and we will see >1000 again, but not to trade until then is a definite mistake,unless you dont know what ure doing.

cheers
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:42:27 AM

I guess somwhere around next block halving we could have four digit prices again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: