Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will it hit $1000 again?  (Read 15427 times)
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 01:49:25 AM

Yes.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:53:58 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it went UP to $1000 again
but you have to be patient ,btc not will just jump without anything good news
tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:22:06 AM

never hit $1000 again, forget its guy dont hope to much with bitcoin.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:44:53 AM

Never before BTC failed to reach the former ATH, no matter how big the fall and even if it takes some time.

I doubt it will be different this time
txbtc

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:59:32 AM

I think if the Winklevoss ETF  gets approved and launched, we'll see a huge panic buying  and big correction.  If that happens, we could be at $1,000 or more in next years
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:39:39 AM

never hit $1000 again, forget its guy dont hope to much with bitcoin.

BTC will never hit 1000$;

from 998 BTC will hit 1001$

IOTA
Ume

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Finding oNlinE JoB ---=== :)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:42:01 AM

Btc will or maybe hit 1k$ we can say
where there is a will there is a way

We have some hope in btc

But also think that btc can hit the bottom line .
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:17:33 AM

Never before BTC failed to reach the former ATH, no matter how big the fall and even if it takes some time.

That is an interesting observation. However it does not take into account the level from which the price started. Starting the bubble from $1 or even $ sub1 is much easier than from where we are right now. In other words: growing say 100 fold from nothing to $100 a coin is relatively easy, growing another 100 fold is not.

this space is intentionally left blank
wayneyoyo

Activity: 606

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:22:13 AM

That is an interesting observation. However it does not take into account the level from which the price started. Starting the bubble from $1 or even $ sub1 is much easier than from where we are right now. In other words: growing say 100 fold from nothing to $100 a coin is relatively easy, growing another 100 fold is not.
It really would not be that big of a deal for the price to go up another 100 fold. The issue is that there are few sources of money that could potentially cause the price to go up that much. The last bubble was likely the result of hedge funds trying to buy up a lot of bitcoin, but I don't see any similar source of buying
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:14:43 AM

It really would not be that big of a deal for the price to go up another 100 fold. The issue is that there are few sources of money that could potentially cause the price to go up that much. The last bubble was likely the result of hedge funds trying to buy up a lot of bitcoin, but I don't see any similar source of buying
That is why it will be much more difficult to get another 100-folder now. I repeat, it is quite a different story to get a 100 fold growth of a project that is in the very early start up phase (that was the case with Bitcoin 2-3 years ago) and a project that is already mature to some extent and got some attention from broader public (Bitcoin now).

Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:19:15 PM

I got involved in May 2011, and if you had told me then that it could even reach $50, I flat out wouldn't have believed it possible.  Bear in mind what the charts looked like back then, with unchartered territory up ahead and some massive spikes (that look like mole hills today).

I watched an Andreas Antonopoulos video the other day, which I think was from 2014 Q4 or thereabouts.  He's known for not wanting to get drawn into speculative discussions about BTC price, but he did say that he thought 2015 would probably be the last year we will see sub $1000 prices.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:22:13 PM

I have coins from mining, so I really didn't buy any. I guess I can hold on to them for a while and see what happens. I usually don't have time to even check on BTC prices daily, but when I was selling my minted coins for $1k each I got spoiled.

You bought hardware and paid for electricity but never had to go through third party exchanges or exchange on localbitcoins.
You just sit, watch your miners and collect your bitcoins.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:25:17 PM

I have coins from mining, so I really didn't buy any. I guess I can hold on to them for a while and see what happens. I usually don't have time to even check on BTC prices daily, but when I was selling my minted coins for $1k each I got spoiled.

You bought hardware and paid for electricity but never had to go through third party exchanges or exchange on localbitcoins.
You just sit, watch your miners and collect your bitcoins.

In hindsight, when I was (GPU) mining, all the hassle, component failure, extreme heat and noise, and cost of course, it would have worked out about the same price just to buy rather than mine.  Hindsight being 20/20 and all that...
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 03:46:51 PM

Sooner than you think.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:48:40 PM

I think if the Winklevoss ETF  gets approved and launched, we'll see a huge panic buying  and big correction.  If that happens, we could be at $1,000 or more in next years
This coupled with the Gemini exchange should give us a nice bull rally.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:37:44 PM

But now we are speaking about 2016 at least. So far the news has been they won't make it this year.

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:48:02 PM

There are many many hedge funds and other institutional investors that have not yet dipped their toes into Bitcoin.
virtapayseller666

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:11:56 AM

But now we are speaking about 2016 at least. So far the news has been they won't make it this year.

in year  2016 price will above 500$

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:13:57 AM

that remains yet to be seen.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:42:33 AM

that remains yet to be seen.

Yes, it yet remains but ain't impossible... Wink
And so, just waiting to see the trends break it towards the upside now as there were so many triangular patterns formed and needs to be broken...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: