Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:55:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I mine 2 pools at the same time ?  (Read 1008 times)
mulpul2 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:00:44 PM

Is it correct to mine 2 pools at the same time? For example I select in cgminer
Rotate 5 min
and I see one pool give me much more money. Then I mined 24/7 for 3 weeks for smooth statistic. Now I see that one pool gives me 2.3 times more BTC than another. I am going to write about scam in pool's topic. But may be there is something i don't know?
Bad pool is PPS, but if I add all "future" payments (14%), it does not help anyway.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 05:08:28 PM

I think that does rotate you in cgminer so you are mining in both pools.  However I thin kit should even out over time.  What I mean is that you will get less from both pools, whereas if you only mined in 1 pool you would get more from that pool.  Unless you are doing some sort of pool hopping.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
coinop.me

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 05:10:10 PM

Really you have to determine what the payout system is in the respective pool and also the kh/s for the entire pool.  For example, if your pool's payout system is PPS (pay-per-share), then for each block that is solved you will get a %age of the return based upon your share of correct/accepted hashes.  If the pool is very tiny and you are attempting to mine an alt-currency with high difficulty, the chances of the pool solving a block are going to be lower - this means that within a short time period, you may not get as much payout as you would from another pool with more hash power.  Really, it all comes down to probability and chances of getting a correct block.  So a pool with low hashing power doesn't have to be scamming you at all and you will still get a lower payout than from a different pool with higher hashes because the pool with lower hashing power just hasn't solved as many blocks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: