Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:27:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] My receive addresses changed after upgrading?  (Read 524 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 05:10:00 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 11:06:48 PM by opentoe

I was using 1.9.4 I believe for a while. I had an address I used all the time for receiving BTC. Right after upgrading to 1.9.5 it changed all my receive addresses to new ones. I really want to keep my original addresses, since they were statically configured/setup at different places. How can I get back those addresses?

Also, if those addresses are gone, where did they go?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 09:47:17 PM

I was using 1.9.4 I believe for a while. I had an address I used all the time for receiving BTC. Right after upgrading to 1.9.5 it changed all my receive addresses to new ones. I really want to keep my original addresses, since they were statically configured/setup at different places. How can I get back those addresses?

Also, if those addresses are gone, where did they go?

After thinking about this for a while, this is a serious issue. If someone used an address with an older version and passed that address around and uses it as a deposit address or something then you upgrade to the newer version you are royally screwed here. I have my "old" Electrum receive address used on several sites as a deposit address, even as a donation address. Now those addresses are gone after the upgrade. The history is still there, but the addresses are gone. The more I think about it, the more serious this issue is. Has anyone else lost all their receive addresses when upgrading to the latest version?

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:42:47 PM

what you are reporting is either a very serious bug, or a serious misunderstanding...
can you provide more details? what exactly did you do?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:01:04 PM

what you are reporting is either a very serious bug, or a serious misunderstanding...
can you provide more details? what exactly did you do?

I was running version 1.9.3 or which ever version was right behind 1.9.5. All I did was installed the new version which replaced the old version. I ran the new version and all my history was there, everything looked fine. Then I clicked on the RECEIVE tab and noticed all my old receive addresses are gone and were replaced with new ones. I have locked wallets for deposit addresses and if I can't use my original receive addresses I'll be in trouble. I even opened up backed up wallet I had (wallet.dat) that I saved previosly and that didn't bring back any of the original addresses. To me, this is a big problem especially if I have my receive addresses locked in at different places. I'm just wondering how do I get back my original receive addresses?

I really hope it is just a misunderstanding on my part.

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:06:20 PM

DAMN it....this is a misunderstanding. I just clicked on the little tick that was near the word "used" and that showed my original address with my label. This was very scary for me. I'll update the thread title if I can.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: