Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Database with more than 1500 stores and services that accept Bitcoin (JSON)  (Read 857 times)
paladini (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:34:24 PM

Database with 1500+ stores/services that accept BTC as payment.

Description: A database with more than 1500 stores and services that accept Bitcoin as payment method.
Starting bid: 0.5 BTC
Buy it now: 3 BTC
End date and time: January 02, 2014
Payment methods accepted: Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Additional information: 

The data are stored in JSON files and already have a structure, but I can provide a database script (.sql, for e.g) and change the structure following the buyer needs (and following my limitations as programmer).

Currently, the data are disposed in a lot of JSON files that can be easily parsed. When I say "store", I want mean "store / service" (goods / services), remember. This is the currently data structure:

• Name: The name of store / service
  • Description: Description of store. Every store have, at minimum, a little description. Some stores have telephone, address and e-mail address too.
  • Url: The url for the site of this store.
  • Type: The type of this store. (can be "Goods" or "Services").
  • Category: The category that this store belongs to. I have added a lot of categories, can't list all (every 'type' have their owns 'categories')

The JSON files are disposed like that:

|-- data/
     |-- goods/
         |-- <category1-name>-data.json
         |-- <category2-name>-data.json
         |-- <categoryN-name>-data.json
     |-- services/
         |-- <category1-name>-data.json
         |-- <category2-name>-data.json
         |-- <categoryN-name>-data.json

I don't know the exactly number of stores, but I know is more than 1500 stores (between 1500~1700), so I'll giving away some stores for free. And you can trust me, I'm the main developer of BTC-Stores, an open-source Bitcoin directory.

May you ask: why you don't use this data in your website? Firstly, I get all this data because this project, but when I develop this website my friend make me change the focus: now we just accept stores, not services - and the most data of this database is services, not stores.

Well, I think that's all. Any question feel free to ask (:

(just a little p.s: I can change the data structure and the way the files are stored (as I said before) , but we need sometime to talk after the trade-in about what you want change in the database, and you need give me some time to implement it (but not much).)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:46:00 PM

Wouldn't sharing that info benefit the community as a whole ?

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:47:06 PM

it's like you are doing this backward. it's the stores you should be contacting not us
paladini (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:57:29 PM

Wouldn't sharing that info benefit the community as a whole ?

Yes, an action like that will benefit the community, but I don't want that commercial sites use this information to earn more money with closed source. I really trust the power of open-source. And all the money I earn selling this informations, I will use to maintain BTC-Stores online for a long time.

I'm a brazilian student, I don't work (and can't) and don't have any way to host BTC-Stores in a paid host. Currently we host our website in Heroku free plans, what's a terrible thing. If I can sell this informations, I can pay a host for BTC-Stores for years - what I really can't do now.

it's like you are doing this backward. it's the stores you should be contacting not us

I thought you don't understood my proposal. I'm selling a database with more than 1500 stores that accept BTC, including url, description, category, etc. - this is for someone that want make something with this data, like another Bitcoin directory or something like that. But I think we can talk about your idea, I liked the way you proposed it. What you want mean when you say "contact the stores", how I can get money this way, what you think about that?
freethink2013

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:09:52 AM

I'll give you hosting free if you have a domain name. You can use the space to build a directory of sites that accept bitcoin. From there you can charge to have one store appear above another.
freethink2013

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:13:47 AM

Can't edit my post but it's the sellers should be paying you not the buyers. I could collect a list of sellers pretty easily. One email to bitpay and I'd have thousands.
paladini (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:09:16 AM

I'll give you hosting free if you have a domain name. You can use the space to build a directory of sites that accept bitcoin. From there you can charge to have one store appear above another.

Wooow, thanks. Well, I already have BTC-Stores.com domain - and the website in running. We will be glad if we can change from Heroku to your host. Are you proposing me a free host for an open-source database with more than 1500 stores?

I'm really next to accept, but can you answer some questions first?

• How many time you can give me a free host?
  • Your free host is a VPS? Can you show me more information about that?

Can't edit my post but it's the sellers should be paying you not the buyers. I could collect a list of sellers pretty easily. One email to bitpay and I'd have thousands.

Like I said previously, I'm selling this database for who want create a Bitcoin directory, so they can start with a great database and attract lot of users. But we can use your tip in BTC-Stores, contacting the sellers and earning some money with this.

So far, thanks for your proposal and suggesting things for BTC-Stores! [/list]
paladini (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

Finished! No bid, no selling Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: