Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Database with more than 1500 stores and services that accept Bitcoin (JSON)  (Read 857 times)
paladini (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:34:24 PM

Database with 1500+ stores/services that accept BTC as payment.

Description: A database with more than 1500 stores and services that accept Bitcoin as payment method.
Starting bid: 0.5 BTC
Buy it now: 3 BTC
End date and time: January 02, 2014
Payment methods accepted: Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Additional information: 

The data are stored in JSON files and already have a structure, but I can provide a database script (.sql, for e.g) and change the structure following the buyer needs (and following my limitations as programmer).

Currently, the data are disposed in a lot of JSON files that can be easily parsed. When I say "store", I want mean "store / service" (goods / services), remember. This is the currently data structure:

• Name: The name of store / service
  • Description: Description of store. Every store have, at minimum, a little description. Some stores have telephone, address and e-mail address too.
  • Url: The url for the site of this store.
  • Type: The type of this store. (can be "Goods" or "Services").
  • Category: The category that this store belongs to. I have added a lot of categories, can't list all (every 'type' have their owns 'categories')

The JSON files are disposed like that:

|-- data/
     |-- goods/
         |-- <category1-name>-data.json
         |-- <category2-name>-data.json
         |-- <categoryN-name>-data.json
     |-- services/
         |-- <category1-name>-data.json
         |-- <category2-name>-data.json
         |-- <categoryN-name>-data.json

I don't know the exactly number of stores, but I know is more than 1500 stores (between 1500~1700), so I'll giving away some stores for free. And you can trust me, I'm the main developer of BTC-Stores, an open-source Bitcoin directory.

May you ask: why you don't use this data in your website? Firstly, I get all this data because this project, but when I develop this website my friend make me change the focus: now we just accept stores, not services - and the most data of this database is services, not stores.

Well, I think that's all. Any question feel free to ask (:

(just a little p.s: I can change the data structure and the way the files are stored (as I said before) , but we need sometime to talk after the trade-in about what you want change in the database, and you need give me some time to implement it (but not much).)
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:46:00 PM

Wouldn't sharing that info benefit the community as a whole ?

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:47:06 PM

it's like you are doing this backward. it's the stores you should be contacting not us
paladini (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:57:29 PM

Wouldn't sharing that info benefit the community as a whole ?

Yes, an action like that will benefit the community, but I don't want that commercial sites use this information to earn more money with closed source. I really trust the power of open-source. And all the money I earn selling this informations, I will use to maintain BTC-Stores online for a long time.

I'm a brazilian student, I don't work (and can't) and don't have any way to host BTC-Stores in a paid host. Currently we host our website in Heroku free plans, what's a terrible thing. If I can sell this informations, I can pay a host for BTC-Stores for years - what I really can't do now.

it's like you are doing this backward. it's the stores you should be contacting not us

I thought you don't understood my proposal. I'm selling a database with more than 1500 stores that accept BTC, including url, description, category, etc. - this is for someone that want make something with this data, like another Bitcoin directory or something like that. But I think we can talk about your idea, I liked the way you proposed it. What you want mean when you say "contact the stores", how I can get money this way, what you think about that?
freethink2013

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:09:52 AM

I'll give you hosting free if you have a domain name. You can use the space to build a directory of sites that accept bitcoin. From there you can charge to have one store appear above another.
freethink2013

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:13:47 AM

Can't edit my post but it's the sellers should be paying you not the buyers. I could collect a list of sellers pretty easily. One email to bitpay and I'd have thousands.
paladini (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:09:16 AM

I'll give you hosting free if you have a domain name. You can use the space to build a directory of sites that accept bitcoin. From there you can charge to have one store appear above another.

Wooow, thanks. Well, I already have BTC-Stores.com domain - and the website in running. We will be glad if we can change from Heroku to your host. Are you proposing me a free host for an open-source database with more than 1500 stores?

I'm really next to accept, but can you answer some questions first?

• How many time you can give me a free host?
  • Your free host is a VPS? Can you show me more information about that?

Can't edit my post but it's the sellers should be paying you not the buyers. I could collect a list of sellers pretty easily. One email to bitpay and I'd have thousands.

Like I said previously, I'm selling this database for who want create a Bitcoin directory, so they can start with a great database and attract lot of users. But we can use your tip in BTC-Stores, contacting the sellers and earning some money with this.

So far, thanks for your proposal and suggesting things for BTC-Stores! [/list]
paladini (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

Finished! No bid, no selling Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: