Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WalletBuddy - secure wallet(s) storage and backup  (Read 6180 times)
chretienm

Activity: 35
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:00:21 PM

I would be worried about using the binary, if i study the code and get convinced it's not gonna harm me, then copile it myself i would be more confortable using the program.
Sure, that's totally understandable. The code is fairly clean so it shouldn't be too bad to review. For the crypto library (BouncyCastle), I'm wondering if it would be better to just include a static library reference rather than a project reference. That way, you could swap the DLL out for the one you download from their web site. Considering that it's the largest project in the solution, it would save some code review time.
Way too complicated for my non tech savvy mind and I have iq of 135. Plus how do i know that it is secure in that you may have some back door key to info submitted by anyone who interacts with it? Not that I believe you do but couldn't you? since you developed this?
bitpart
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitterTea (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:45:53 PM

Of course I could. That why the code is open source and anyone can inspect it.

I still have yet to post the promised update, I wasn't sure if anyone was still interested in this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: