Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:33:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ICO WhitePaper Matter Most?  (Read 2843 times)
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 04:46:10 AM

Well for me, it is somehow important because it includes all of the information about the project that they are trying to propose. Sometimes, the information on the whitepaper doesn't fit on the actual project itself so we also need to analyze if they are being honest on the information that they have included on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
john1010 (OP)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 04:36:12 AM

Who among us here have been victims of almost perfect Whitepaper?
Those sublimely well-written, full of excellent ideas and proposals that turned out to be a piece of crap!
Reading whitepaper is not enough to be a basis of investing in crypto because almost everyone can write whatever they want,
they even promise you the Moon and Stars.

So, be careful now in choosing ICOs, as much as possible look for projects that at least have initially implemented the products or services, if not the whole.

This is probably the closest thing about whitepaper  Cheesy I have seen so many whitepaper that are out of this world and to good to be true, but ended out very much different from what they stated in their whitepaper, but we still need whitepaper, but don't believe on it right away there should be a good logic on those whitepaper, ask these people how close the implementation to the real thing, experts analyze a project whitepaper, for legitimacy.

The whitepaper could be more important when all project indicated there will implemented, but very sad but true, i've been saw guys offered a whitepaper job on a service section, it means they have a template for it, some sort of edting and adding some colorful words then it will become an ICO's thats why some comment here are right, we need to look the people behind the project.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 06:12:09 AM

I don't think the most important thing is the whitepaper for sure is important but from my opinion the most important is the address of the company who is running the ICO. Why? Cause you can check it with google maps to see if is real, some scam project were found on this way, with a fake location.
I truly agree with you. The location is of major importance and for me understanding the whitepaper and see the possibility of a true ICO behind it 
white paper is important because we can know the extension of the project but white paper can not determine that the project is a scam because behind it all we need to do further research that is more important than the white paper as to where the project and the team behind the project whether it is true or not
It has a specific role but it should not be the basis when you are looking for a project particularly these days that scammers are getting wiser, they will surely look for some other ways to take advantage of us so they can get the benefits they wanted. You can't just easily trust and believe a project even if they have provided a white paper because you can't literally assure that it was legit unless you've done your own research to make sure that it is a worth it and profitable project. Besides, you can't just depend everything on it because it is also your obligation to secure and protect your funds from scam projects. The safety of your own money depends on how you handle your decision when it comes on choosing an ICO.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 06:22:36 AM

I've seen where by a new project in 2019 has a not so attractive white paper and guess what it's one of the best project of that year, the name of the project is Sero, they launch their IEO on gate.io and it was profitable for investors, it's not always about whitepaper

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 06:23:36 AM

The attached picture in this thread is enough to say how a whitepaper does matter in a crypto project. Don't trust any new ICO whitepaper's words, you can get those quality whitepapers only by spending 50-60$ in Fiverr! So, the whitepaper is nothing nowadays, ICO projects lost their potential, popularity long ago! No one believes those words in the whitepaper.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 06:41:45 AM

Gone are those days where you can judge the potential of any new projects with whitepaper only, nowadays you will be in the shadows if you choose new projects because of what you read on their whitepapers, there are many who plagiarized other old coins white paper and even steal contents too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 07:00:38 AM

These days they have even become smarter, many of these projects do away with an attractive whitepaper, instead they develop a fully working product before launching their sale and investors are hooked, then they say that the funds raised would be merely used for marketing purposes for the product, after the sales, the project just gradually fades into the background like so much white noise. It takes grace to be able to discern the genuine projects irrespective of whitepaper.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 07:05:09 AM

Who among us here have been victims of almost perfect Whitepaper?
Those sublimely well-written, full of excellent ideas and proposals that turned out to be a piece of crap!
Reading whitepaper is not enough to be a basis of investing in crypto because almost everyone can write whatever they want,
they even promise you the Moon and Stars.

So, be careful now in choosing ICOs, as much as possible look for projects that at least have initially implemented the products or services, if not the whole.

i have been a victim of a well written white papers.  Nowadays I don't give a shit about those papers anymore. If a project doesn't have good backers like angel investors or its self funded, forget about it, its all a joke to me

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Zeke_23

Activity: 868
Merit: 333

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 07:09:50 AM

~snip
i have been a victim of a well written white papers.  Nowadays I don't give a shit about those papers anymore. If a project doesn't have good backers like angel investors or its self funded, forget about it, its all a joke to me
We all do, since it is one of the basement that we are looking before we participate or invest in an ICO. But still, you should look for it but not only on their whitepaper, but for the whole project, it is not something that we should not disregard.  

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pikkie

Activity: 924
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 07:13:34 AM

to be honest until now with the whitepaper can give a little picture of what will be developed by the developers so that investors can find out how the project can be implemented and usually whitepaper is also a benchmark to determine the success or failure of the ICO.
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 08:22:37 AM

I don't bother to check new projects whitepaper anymore unless i want to write content for them, this days i am more interested in the team and partners of the project, the few successful projects always have better partnerships, not just one but many

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 08:37:51 AM

These days they have even become smarter, many of these projects do away with an attractive whitepaper, instead they develop a fully working product before launching their sale and investors are hooked, then they say that the funds raised would be merely used for marketing purposes for the product, after the sales, the project just gradually fades into the background like so much white noise. It takes grace to be able to discern the genuine projects irrespective of whitepaper.
Thats the new investors interest in the new phase of crowdfund. Show us what you got and how it could drive volume then we put our fund. Except for seed and private sale we might not see any public sale before the project is listed on exchanges in the new phase of crypto startups. It is a trend on twitter as they tweets, 'RIP to whitepaper'. Do you know how many whitepaper Mcafree wrote? just to deceive investors. I believe public sale investors are more victims than the private and trend is changing. 

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 10:01:42 AM

The attached picture in this thread is enough to say how a whitepaper does matter in a crypto project. Don't trust any new ICO whitepaper's words, you can get those quality whitepapers only by spending 50-60$ in Fiverr! So, the whitepaper is nothing nowadays, ICO projects lost their potential, popularity long ago! No one believes those words in the whitepaper.

The thing is, aside from whitepaper, we should check the team component.  They are the people behind this project and the one that will make the whitepaper into reality.  Whitepaper is important but the ability and capability of the project developer is way more important than that.  They can present us with a perfect whitepaper but team composition will never lie on how they will deliver the product.  So I think this two. whitepaper and team composition should be thoroughly checked.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 10:14:47 AM

Well for me, it is somehow important because it includes all of the information about the project that they are trying to propose. Sometimes, the information on the whitepaper doesn't fit on the actual project itself so we also need to analyze if they are being honest on the information that they have included on it.

If a project does not have a whitepaper, then you have to question the existence of it at all. But then again,,, a good WP does not mean a good project. And in the same opposite way a bad WP does not mean a non profitable project. Guess the biggest example to all should be EOS. Shitty copy pasted whitepaper and people put everything in it and it still became profitable!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 10:21:18 AM

Even if not most importantly, i think whitepaper is quite important. You can find all information about the project on the whitepaper and check the information shared here to get an idea of the project.
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 10:32:57 AM

I think it will matter if those project will have unique or have new idea and not just a copy right project. we encounter many scam projects in past years and non of them succeed even you read their white paper or they have great white paper they still fail at the end. so those whitepaper will matter if they are aiming to succeed and follow what is written there.

Watch out for this SPACE!
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 11:03:56 AM

Both whitepapers and websites appearance can't be used to judge how good a project is but what the project has to offer the public, real use cases is what defines the potential of new projects, whitepapers can be easily copied so forget about them and do better research first

Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 11:15:15 AM

I think it will matter if those project will have unique or have new idea and not just a copy right project. we encounter many scam projects in past years and non of them succeed even you read their white paper or they have great white paper they still fail at the end. so those whitepaper will matter if they are aiming to succeed and follow what is written there.
Well, it'a really difficult for them to come up with a new idea since there are already a lot of altcoins existed which has various platform and usability. Thus, this results suspected plagiarized whitepapers which disgusts the investors, causing a project to fail. For this reason, whitepaper really matters.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:07:16 PM

If a project does not have a whitepaper, then you have to question the existence of it at all. But then again,,, a good WP does not mean a good project. And in the same opposite way a bad WP does not mean a non profitable project. Guess the biggest example to all should be EOS. Shitty copy pasted whitepaper and people put everything in it and it still became profitable!

Profitable does not mean successful project.  What I am trying to say is, the market can be manipulated and can the price of a token can be pumped and some maybe caught with this hype and some will profit, but a good project is the one that delivers roadmaps.  and the one the delivers those that are written on whitepaper are those that have capable developers.  Imagine, they have the fund to finish the project but many failed because they have incompetent developers.
Apinya_Anong1111

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2020, 01:11:31 PM

If reading the whitepaper alone is not enough to become a base for investing in cryptocurrencies, those honeymoon tips and tricks are nothing but real. Please be on high alert for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: