Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:46:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, it was fun while it lasted (BTC to $200... LTC to $10)  (Read 3160 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:20:48 PM

It was fun being bullish for the last few weeks, being surrounded by so much enthusiasm and having high hopes of BTC going to the moon. It was fun believing for a second that we may finally be a part of the wealthy elite thanks to believing in bitcoins early on. But looks like our dreams are coming to an end, at least for now. BTC and LTC is going down HARD. Once that dreaded China rumor turns out to be true, it will go down even faster... probably back to around $200 or less in the next few days/weeks (which is not unusual at all for bitcoin, people seem to forget how incredibly volatile this is). 55 LTC and 15 BTC losing value like it's nothing.... my entire life savings is going down the drain right in front of my eyes.

Looks like I have to continue giving handjobs for a living and get back into putting up my services in the "Casual Encounters" section of craigslist. Thanks guys. We're done. Finished.

not serious, can't wait for 2014, china showed us the potentail for bitcoin, btc will be big in USA in 2014 when wallstreet and other huge players get in

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:24:21 PM

Come on, lets be realistic... you'll make way more money on craigslist than you ever could have in btc
I'm sure your regulars are really missing you by now  Cheesy
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:29:09 PM

I have to continue giving handjobs for a living

Quoted for future reference Cheesy

You know you have to be careful with what you write on the internet, right?

i am satoshi
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

It was fun being bullish for the last few weeks, being surrounded by so much enthusiasm and having high hopes of BTC going to the moon. It was fun believing for a second that we may finally be a part of the wealthy elite thanks to believing in bitcoins early on. But looks like our dreams are coming to an end, at least for now. BTC and LTC is going down HARD. Once that dreaded China rumor turns out to be true, it will go down even faster... probably back to around $200 or less in the next few days/weeks (which is not unusual at all for bitcoin, people seem to forget how incredibly volatile this is). 55 LTC and 15 BTC losing value like it's nothing.... my entire life savings is going down the drain right in front of my eyes.

Looks like I have to continue giving handjobs for a living and get back into putting up my services in the "Casual Encounters" section of craigslist. Thanks guys. We're done. Finished.

not serious, can't wait for 2014, china showed us the potentail for bitcoin, btc will be big in USA in 2014 when wallstreet and other huge players get in

*queuing up with a bag of sexcoin*

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:33:08 PM

It was fun believing for a second that we may finally be a part of the wealthy elite thanks to believing in bitcoins early on...

Chuckle. Weren't you the one who borrowed $1m from your dad and intended to put it into bitcoin without telling him? Newsflash, kid: you ARE the wealthy elite.

(apologies if that was someone else...lol)

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:53:10 PM

Never listen to the Bitcoin nutters!

I don't, but I am also a Johnny come lately to BTC speculation (been buying xtc and dmt with $10 BTC on the darkweb for yonks though), and if I paid the slightest bit of heed to the hoards of reactionary drunk on avarice idiots on Bitcoin forums, I would most likely be joining you down the local park lavatories, giving out handjobs at £10 per go.

Don't don't don't and do not ever listen to the raging Bitcoin fundamentalists on this or any other forum!

Last night, I read some post somewhere 'predicting' the price to rise 'now that its Monday and fresh money can get into the exchanges'. I thought about challenging this particular nutter on this completely unfounded assumption but I just didn't have the energy. There is too many of them and they call the tune on the forums across the internet, although not on the Bitcoin exchanges themselves, where it really matters.

On that note however, don't delude yourself into thinking Bitcoin is going down the tubes. It isn't. Save for an 'event' it is here to stay. Even if this China drama drives it down to $100 (I don't personally believe this btw), Bitcoin will remain and be utilised as an important and useful tool to many people who will be willing to keep pumping liquidity into it. My brother dived into Bitcoin at the near top of the April 2013 bubble. He ended up selling at some point in the bear trend that succeeded it, and made a 60% loss. Had he just held until even now, post Nov/Dec double top, he still would have quadruppled his money within the space of 8 months....not fkn bad going really!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:05:08 PM

It was fun believing for a second that we may finally be a part of the wealthy elite thanks to believing in bitcoins early on...

Chuckle. Weren't you the one who borrowed $1m from your dad and intended to put it into bitcoin without telling him? Newsflash, kid: you ARE the wealthy elite.

I didn't do it, I realized I was blinded by greed and hype and I was not thinking much about the consequences. I can afford to risk my own money on something like this but not my dad's. I would be crying right now if I did. And newsflash, just because your parents have money doesn't mean you do.

Never listen to the Bitcoin nutters!

I don't, but I am also a Johnny come lately to BTC speculation (been buying xtc and dmt with $10 BTC on the darkweb for yonks though), and if I paid the slightest bit of heed to the hoards of reactionary drunk on avarice idiots on Bitcoin forums, I would most likely be joining you down the local park lavatories, giving out handjobs at £10 per go.

Don't don't don't and do not ever listen to the raging Bitcoin fundamentalists on this or any other forum!

Last night, I read some post somewhere 'predicting' the price to rise 'now that its Monday and fresh money can get into the exchanges'. I thought about challenging this particular nutter on this completely unfounded assumption but I just didn't have the energy. There is too many of them and they call the tune on the forums across the internet, although not on the Bitcoin exchanges themselves, where it really matters.

On that note however, don't delude yourself into thinking Bitcoin is going down the tubes. It isn't. Save for an 'event' it is here to stay. Even if this China drama drives it down to $100 (I don't personally believe this btw), Bitcoin will remain and be utilised as an important and useful tool to many people who will be willing to keep pumping liquidity into it. My brother dived into Bitcoin at the near top of the April 2013 bubble. He ended up selling at some point in the bear trend that succeeded it, and made a 60% loss. Had he just held until even now, post Nov/Dec double top, he still would have quadruppled his money within the space of 8 months....not fkn bad going really!

I have no intention of selling, I would be feeling really good right now if we weren't going through a huge bear phase but oh well. I still don't think bad news from one country will affect bitcoin forever.

The only way BTC will completely go down the drain is if everyone gets rid of it or if there's a fundamental flaw or bug in the bitcoin protocol that we have not seen yet.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 09:07:06 PM

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:07:58 PM

And newsflash, just because your parents have money doesn't mean you do.

+1

Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:13:59 PM

Are you really that naive (rhetorical question)? If you have access to someone handing you a $1m, you ARE indeed the wealthy elite, regardless of your particular net worth. Talented entrepreneurs, who think deeply for themselves, aren't fickle and reactionary, develop real skills, execute products, etc, etc, struggle to raise $50k in seed money for promising ventures. Your dad handed you $1m to "invest".

You have access to incredible advantages in life (which is fine - a huge incentive for people to get rich is to give a better life to their kids, so I'm not making a social-justice argument here). The fact that you thought better of using your dad's money (without his knowledge, no less) on bitcoin at least shows *some* inkling of maturity developing. But your increasingly fickle posts about bitcoin indicate that you lack any depth or conviction at the moment. I suggest you work to rectify that. Think hard. Intellectually investigate all avenues and potentials. Really understand what you're doing. As I noted, you have access to easy capital that few do. I hope you become able to rationally take advantage of it.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:17:19 PM

Looks like OP sold off his 10 Bitcoins that he bought at ~$650 for $900, thus "trying" to spread panic to buy evern lower.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:20:09 PM

Are you really that naive (rhetorical question)? If you have access to someone handing you a $1m, you ARE indeed the wealthy elite, regardless of your particular net worth. Talented entrepreneurs, who think deeply for themselves, aren't fickle and reactionary, develop real skills, execute products, etc, etc, struggle to raise $50k in seed money for promising ventures. Your dad handed you $1m to "invest".

You have access to incredible advantages in life (which is fine - a huge incentive for people to get rich is to give a better life to their kids, so I'm not making a social-justice argument here). The fact that you thought better of using your dad's money (without his knowledge, no less) on bitcoin at least shows *some* inkling of maturity developing. But your increasingly fickle posts about bitcoin indicate that you lack any depth or conviction at the moment. I suggest you work to rectify that. Think hard. Intellectually investigate all avenues and potentials. Really understand what you're doing. As I noted, you have access to easy capital that few do. I hope you become able to rationally take advantage of it.

i believe what he meant that even if your parents are rich, it's not always the case that he's living a rich life. He's probably living by himself, trying to make his own fortune with his own work and money, paying rent, utilities, food, etc. Maybe he lived through hardship while trying to make it.

Not all rich parents buy you a nice home, a car and a monthly income.

Melbustus
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:20:57 PM

i believe what he meant that even if your parents are rich, it's not always the case that he's living a rich life. He's probably living by himself, trying to make his own fortune with his own work and money. Maybe he lived through hardship while trying to make it.

Absolutely.

And not all rich parents hand obviously fickle children $1m to invest.

Edit: I'm obviously being overly harsh. Just bugs me when people don't recognize the great opportunities/advantages they have, and/or lack any ability to think for themselves and execute on them (as is evidenced by OP's "to-the-moon" --> "the sky is falling"  flip-flopping).

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:48:24 PM

Looks like OP sold off his 10 Bitcoins that he bought at ~$650 for $900, thus "trying" to spread panic to buy evern lower.

Nope, I bought more since then and i'm gonna hold them as long as I can

i believe what he meant that even if your parents are rich, it's not always the case that he's living a rich life. He's probably living by himself, trying to make his own fortune with his own work and money. Maybe he lived through hardship while trying to make it.

Absolutely.

And not all rich parents hand obviously fickle children $1m to invest.

Edit: I'm obviously being overly harsh. Just bugs me when people don't recognize the great opportunities/advantages they have, and/or lack any ability to think for themselves and execute on them (as is evidenced by OP's "to-the-moon" --> "the sky is falling"  flip-flopping).
What flip-flopping are you talking about? I still think bitcoin is headed "to the moon" in the long run. But then again what do I know.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:55:27 PM

Then you should spend your Dad's money now that we're in the $600s.  Wink

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
emanymton

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:06:38 PM

Then you should spend your Dad's money now that we're in the $600s.  Wink
then watch it plummet into the 400's  Cheesy
zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:07:59 PM

I remember it being just as fun @ 200, so no biggy.
emanymton

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:11:32 PM

I remember it being just as fun @ 200, so no biggy.
I was super piggish back then but now i'm having fun watching the fireworks  Smiley
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:26:32 AM

If you posted this in 2010 I would have agreed with you. Back then, BTC was just a speculative bit of fun. Today its serious business with major players and new ones discovering Bitcoin every day. The day of $100 BTC is well & truly over and will never return again. Let the sellers sell and go invest in something more 'stable' like Apple stock. Let them make their miniscule profits & losses. Bitcoin is changing the worlds money system and you can come along for the ride & long-term make some massive profits, or you can sit back in a world of regret & tell your grandkids one day how you once bought Bitcoin for $1000 but sold out because it dropped $100.

As for me, Im holding, & am off to email some oil sheiks in Arabia to tell them about Bitcoin.  Grin

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:47:57 AM

dude, if you would have bought in when i told you with your $1M (last crash to $650) you would have made a killing when it went back to 900+.  life doesnt give you many second chances. if i had a bitcoin for every time i've lost faith in this market i'd have all the coins.  this market never ceases to suprise me. it will get back to $1000.  maybe not this year, but it will recover.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: