Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:30:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How hard is it to write an ICO whitepaper?  (Read 156 times)
intellicorepress (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 10:48:59 AM

There are two obstacles to writing a good whitepaper:
1. Insufficient understanding of the business and/or technical background
2. A lack of time or inclination for the writing process, including structuring one's ideas (and not forgetting stuff)

Obviously, most technical founders of blockchain projects have to deal with problem 2, not 1. Therefore, we have developed an easy-to-use and comprehensive template for structuring one's braindump into a solid whitepaper. All of the features of our guide and template are evidence-based: We have chosen seven companies that did extraordinarily well in their ICOs and analyzed their whitepapers with regard to certain characteristics.

In recent weeks, we have had a couple of test versions of the product, and today we're finally proud to launch:

The Ultimate ICO Whitepaper Guide

The guide will be available for free for three Bitcointalk users willing to provide constructive feedback (please PM me for this). Regular price is $189, discounted introductory price $149 (valid until May 31).

Let us know what you think! Smiley

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
jahn_quid

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 11:13:36 AM

There are two obstacles to writing a good whitepaper:
1. Insufficient understanding of the business and/or technical background
2. A lack of time or inclination for the writing process, including structuring one's ideas (and not forgetting stuff)

Obviously, most technical founders of blockchain projects have to deal with problem 2, not 1. Therefore, we have developed an easy-to-use and comprehensive template for structuring one's braindump into a solid whitepaper. All of the features of our guide and template are evidence-based: We have chosen seven companies that did extraordinarily well in their ICOs and analyzed their whitepapers with regard to certain characteristics.

In recent weeks, we have had a couple of test versions of the product, and today we're finally proud to launch:

The Ultimate ICO Whitepaper Guide

The guide will be available for free for three Bitcointalk users willing to provide constructive feedback (please PM me for this). Regular price is $189, discounted introductory price $149 (valid until May 31).

Let us know what you think! Smiley

A bit unrelated but, how was working with Bob's Repair?
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:45:42 PM

A lot of the material is already available in the public domain. Nevertheless, you might be revealing some secret sauce not generally known.

For an eBook, your price is rather steep. On the other hand, this is the world of the ICO, where in-game currency topped USD20k last year, so don't let the standard eBook pricing model hold you down.

Best wishes for Your sales success from a fellow (wannabe) book writer (hopeful author).

Smiley

intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:06:36 PM

A bit unrelated but, how was working with Bob's Repair?
It was one of the best projects we've ever been involved in. The founders are ambitious, but honest and professional, and very likeable. Smiley

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:09:36 PM

A lot of the material is already available in the public domain. Nevertheless, you might be revealing some secret sauce not generally known.
I think we have two differentiating features:

- We have a strong empirical foundation for our recommendations, both from our daily business and others' whitepapers we have evaluated specifically for the purpose of this product.

- We are taking care to present the material in a way that maximizes the ease-of-use, and thus saves the maximum amount of time for the user. We know first-hand that time is the most precious resource if you're an entrepreneur and founder, and still you feel that you have to do all the important tasks yourself (and often rightly so).

Best wishes for Your sales success from a fellow (wannabe) book writer (hopeful author).
Thank you. Smiley

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:14:53 PM

I think your marketing is a little bit illogical actually.

This product is meant for ICO founders to help them write their whitepaper themselves, it's mentioned in the first paragraphs.
Most ICOs would just hire a writer to do that for them, no?

Why don't you market this product towards aspiring technical writers? That seems a whole lot more logical to me.

Also, I do think the price is a little bit on the high side, but maybe it's worth it.

Nakasoshi

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:18:45 PM

Hm if you really are into the projecct you want to develop and support it should be pretty easy to wrtie an whitepaper cause you are the one who knowst the most about your coin. But if you write it for sme else it could get difficult

drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:46:54 PM

Hm if you really are into the projecct you want to develop and support it should be pretty easy to wrtie an whitepaper cause you are the one who knowst the most about your coin. But if you write it for sme else it could get difficult

Writing a novella, or a super-long chain of related essays, which is what a Whitepaper essentially happens to be, isn't quite a piece of cake.  Technical writing that appeals to the masses isn't the strong point for most people, especially those in the technical world who are more at ease communicating with their peers.

A Whitepaper can make or break an ICO launch. So, its plain due diligence for the founders to maximise every opportunity to make their WP shine.
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 02:53:02 PM

Why don't you market this product towards aspiring technical writers? That seems a whole lot more logical to me.
You know what, we have put a lot of thought into this product and how to market it, but we have never considered that. It is definitely an interesting idea, and I will think about it! Smiley

I could insert a paragraph into the sales page saying that it's useful for professional whitepaper writers too - but would that make a half-baked impression?

intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 02:55:48 PM

That is one of the problems we want to address with the guide: When hiring an outside (or in-house) writer, the technical and business knowledge needs to be transferred from the founders and developers to someone else. And often, this someone doesn't know how to ask the right questions - and even if they do, some of the information still gets lost.

Basically, the way from the founder's or developer's brain through their fingers on the keyboard to the document is shorter than if there is another intermediate (the writer) involved. Not as much "packet loss" that way.

intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

Technical writing that appeals to the masses isn't the strong point for most people, especially those in the technical world who are more at ease communicating with their peers.

A Whitepaper can make or break an ICO launch.

True and true! This pretty much sums up the foundation of our business model (both for our services and the product). Smiley

intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 07:16:54 PM

Added a paragraph for professional whitepaper writers now.

ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:28:19 PM

Yes, you really listed here two important factors that greatly influence the writing of white paper. It seems to me that now many unknowing people are writing white paper and this is very bad. It is impossible for people who do not know this sphere to write white paper!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:31:50 PM

Writing ICO whitepaper is not any hard, i truly think that the team behind the project should write the whitepaper themselves, as they are claiming to be the masterminds and experts about their project, i know the thread poster is promoting his own service here but i think the team should write it in a detailed and professional manner themselves.

Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:36:17 PM

I think your marketing is a little bit illogical actually.

This product is meant for ICO founders to help them write their whitepaper themselves, it's mentioned in the first paragraphs.
Most ICOs would just hire a writer to do that for them, no?

Also, I do think the price is a little bit on the high side, but maybe it's worth it.
True, project owners wont really bother themselves on creating their whitepaper yet there are lots of writers in the market to choose from which they can simply hire someone if they like too and same as you said this would be more logical if these things would really be applied into writers itself which this would really beneficial on their part.Price was just enough in my view.
Rammygold

Activity: 202
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:47:01 PM

How hard is it to write an ICO white paper?
 I don't think it's really hard for someone to write an ICO white paper you will only find it hard if you don't know what you are doing
But if you know what you are doing it's simply to put down your idea and share it with your team
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:01:59 PM

i truly think that the team behind the project should write the whitepaper themselves, as they are claiming to be the masterminds and experts about their project
That is a valid standpoint - as I said above, the route from brain to paper is shortest if the paper is written by founders and/or developers themselves.

i know the thread poster is promoting his own service here but i think the team should write it in a detailed and professional manner themselves.
Nope, we are trying to develop a useful product to *replace* our services. Smiley

intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:04:05 PM

this would be more logical if these things would really be applied into writers itself which this would really beneficial on their part.
Thanks again for the fresh ideas. This again shows how useful third party feedback is when you don't see the wood for the trees anymore with your product. Smiley

nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:06:27 PM

It's painful hard when you don't know what you're writing for your White Paper.
the crypto project developer must know is work and the full function of his project or product in order to show to the public that your project or product development needs more funding and investments.
White Paper is one of the hardest thing to make when you choose to earn high income through crypto market.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:09:04 PM

this would be more logical if these things would really be applied into writers itself which this would really beneficial on their part.
Thanks again for the fresh ideas. This again shows how useful third party feedback is when you don't see the wood for the trees anymore with your product. Smiley

That's the thing.
A writer must know his works, his crypto project and his visions in order to write good white paper because it's one of the most important for investor to check whether it's worth for investments and for the risks.
Developers are focusing on their tasks and the main architect must create a good white paper that will help promote the project to the public.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: