Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How hard is it to write an ICO whitepaper?  (Read 156 times)
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:02:45 PM

This is kinda silly question.
If you have an idea and a project, then explaining it should be ABC piece of cake for you. If you are really serious about your idea, you will just hire a tech person or a good writer to draft it for 300$.
bddbd

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:26:00 AM

A good white paper should have the following sections:
one question;
A suggested solution and product description;
A description of token commercialization (token and economic interaction, technical commercialization);
team member
Token Distribution and Prospects
One of the most important parts of the white paper is usually the project team's information, although it is often placed at the end of the document.
intellicorepress (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 08:26:49 AM

One of the most important parts of the white paper is usually the project team's information, although it is often placed at the end of the document.
And it's often neglected, as if the whitepaper writer ran out of motivation towards the end of the paper.

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:30:48 AM

There are two obstacles to writing a good whitepaper:
1. Insufficient understanding of the business and/or technical background
2. A lack of time or inclination for the writing process, including structuring one's ideas (and not forgetting stuff)

Obviously, most technical founders of blockchain projects have to deal with problem 2, not 1. Therefore, we have developed an easy-to-use and comprehensive template for structuring one's braindump into a solid whitepaper. All of the features of our guide and template are evidence-based: We have chosen seven companies that did extraordinarily well in their ICOs and analyzed their whitepapers with regard to certain characteristics.

In recent weeks, we have had a couple of test versions of the product, and today we're finally proud to launch:

The Ultimate ICO Whitepaper Guide

The guide will be available for free for three Bitcointalk users willing to provide constructive feedback (please PM me for this). Regular price is $189, discounted introductory price $149 (valid until May 31).

Let us know what you think! Smiley

I don't think it is very difficult at all for anyone that has a reasonable combination of techincal understanding of their own project and the blockchain comunity, and a grasp of how to run a business and pitch the business. Good luck with your enterprise it may not have a big potential market however.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
SomeJasonGuy

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:32:52 AM

It all boils down to the writer I guess. The better his technical prowess and whitepaper writing abilities are, the easier it'll be. I'd assume it'd be very difficult for a complete noob to write an ICO whitepaper, let alone be taken seriously for even attempting to write it without any technical backgroud.
Jenesis

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:38:05 AM

There are two obstacles to writing a good whitepaper:
1. Insufficient understanding of the business and/or technical background
2. A lack of time or inclination for the writing process, including structuring one's ideas (and not forgetting stuff)

Obviously, most technical founders of blockchain projects have to deal with problem 2, not 1. Therefore, we have developed an easy-to-use and comprehensive template for structuring one's braindump into a solid whitepaper. All of the features of our guide and template are evidence-based: We have chosen seven companies that did extraordinarily well in their ICOs and analyzed their whitepapers with regard to certain characteristics.

In recent weeks, we have had a couple of test versions of the product, and today we're finally proud to launch:

The Ultimate ICO Whitepaper Guide

The guide will be available for free for three Bitcointalk users willing to provide constructive feedback (please PM me for this). Regular price is $189, discounted introductory price $149 (valid until May 31).

Let us know what you think! Smiley
In fact most people do not read whitepapers
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:52:22 PM

I don't think it is very difficult at all for anyone that has a reasonable combination of techincal understanding of their own project and the blockchain comunity, and a grasp of how to run a business and pitch the business.
But all these qualities combined in one person are in themselves kind of rare, aren't they?

Good luck with your enterprise it may not have a big potential market however.
Thanks. Smiley

ICO whitepapers: Not rocket science. Download our guide and template. (http://www.intellicore.press/whitepaper-academy)
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 03:53:16 PM

In fact most people do not read whitepapers
That doesn't seem to be the gist of this thread, though: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2898640.0

MonkeySlapFest

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:54:52 PM

sooooo... are you asking me how hard is it to write an ICO whitepaper or are you telling me how to write an ICO whitepaper..
intellicorepress (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

sooooo... are you asking me how hard is it to write an ICO whitepaper or are you telling me how to write an ICO whitepaper..
Both, actually. We have launched our guide with the intention of making the whitepaper writing job easier, but in order to improve the product, I'd like to know if you see any difficulties that we haven't recognized yet. For a potential update of the guide.

Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:02:22 PM

It is not difficult to write an ICO if you have enough hardware and knowledge in the virtual world. Of course you should have a very good project and a good team for it. My preference is to join an ICO project instead of writing an ICO.
blue08

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:13:24 PM

I thought one from the team of project developer who writes the whitepaper. So it seems that they also hire a writer to do it for  them.
Your price is a bit high, but hoping your book guide worth the price.

VANIG.io
The World's first integrated E-Commerce and Supply Chain Ecosystem powered by Blockchain
https://vanig.io
dusunbesemah

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:17:20 PM

I think it's very difficult if we never do it. But if we've often done it it must be very easy. Because of all the goals, visions, missions, road maps, token prices, teams are all there and must be written in order and correctly.
arumslee

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:39:49 AM

The white paper should be written so as to be easily understood to the average person-- it shouldn't use complex jargon or convoluted language. For example, Bitcoin's white page was only 8 pages and was written at a reading comprehension level of 3rd grade. It should be simple and direct.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: