Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo III replace Real-money ah with BTC  (Read 4418 times)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 03:13:09 AM

3.5 million sales on the first day alone.

I believe that 500 trades/day that use bitcoin might be enough to bring this forward to them.

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:29:19 AM

@norulezapply Your naysaying is really very productive. I don't just mean here, I'm sure it's working wonders in all fields of your life.

It's not naysaying, it's called being realistic, which is working wonderfully in all fields of my life so far, thank you.

If you guys write the proposal and it gets accepted by Blizzard then that's great and I take back my thoughts and previous opinions. I'd love for something like that to happen. But, just being realistic, it probably won't, yet.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 12:05:36 PM

Maged: so let's try drafting a proposal here, at the very least it'd be useful as an exercise I think.

<salutation>
I'd like to recommend adding Bitcoin to the Auction House.

Bitcoin is without a doubt in my mind the future of all currency. The unit of account is not issued by any central authority, but moreover exists as the solution to a complicated hashing problem, which makes it immune to any outside intervention of any kind. Because of its unique cryptographic properties, Bitcoin is the hardest currency there is, being of absolute hardness: all transactions are final and irreversible. That's right, Bitcoin has a 0% chargeback rate, and always has, for all merchants.

There exists a significant and active market; daily exchange volume is in the 1 to 10 million range on USD alone, and there's probably about 100,000 people owning at least some coins. More importantly, these owners are typically better educated and more affluent than average IT techs and finance people, and they love it with a passion. There's no doubt in my mind that some people will buy a subscription simply to support Blizzard for dealing in BTC. In any event the likely goodwill benefits from this measure probably surpass any advertising or PR campaign available.
</salutation>

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 03:13:17 PM

At this point I think they are looking for a large market, as well as implementation details. For instance, how are things currently handled on the auction house, is it by email or account number? Or by player name? I doubt they will want to switch over to a bunch of unintelligible addresses, because that would confuse the users. Come up with a detailed plan on how to properly implement it, and try sticking as close as possible to what they have created so they don't have to change much. Player experience is going to be of prime importance to them, regardless of how cool this bitcoin thing is.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 01:26:50 AM

At this point I think they are looking for a large market, as well as implementation details. For instance, how are things currently handled on the auction house, is it by email or account number? Or by player name? I doubt they will want to switch over to a bunch of unintelligible addresses, because that would confuse the users. Come up with a detailed plan on how to properly implement it, and try sticking as close as possible to what they have created so they don't have to change much. Player experience is going to be of prime importance to them, regardless of how cool this bitcoin thing is.

Bitpay or one of the other merchant sites is no different than paypal imo

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 03:14:49 AM

I can send a proposal regarding Bitcoin directly to the upper-management at Blizzard, without going through the low-level employees. The proposal would have to be pretty convincing, though, because I'd have to put my reputation with them on the line by sending it.

Easy. Cost benefit analysis, how much is saved over using bitcoin versus the percentages paid to Paypal and credit processors. Even better, tell them they can KEEP THE PERCENTAGE themselves since users are already used to their tier structure.

Have to wonder how much profit is eaten up by 'transaction' costs. It adds up, I'm sure.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 03:26:09 AM

hm. the best way would probably be to get in touch with someone at Blizzard that actually has a say when taking decisions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: