Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:28:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Fed decisions effect your bitcoin outlook?  (Read 702 times)
Zr1trader (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:05:13 PM

FOMC this week .
Stock, Futures, and currency traders all watch this like a hawk. WIll the FED taper ? 5 billion , 10 bill? increase? Or stay at 85 billion a month in asset purchases.

What do you think , do bitcoiners pay any attention to this or no?

Thanks.
Z
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 10:48:53 PM

Good question, I have wondered myself.  I don't know how the BTC price has acted with prior Fed decisions.  However I DO think some of the BTC price is driven up due to excess liquidity.  If that's true then if the Fed tapers the BTC price might go down.  Only time will tell I guess.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:59:50 PM

My first reaction about the FED is case by case, and their decisions will be not on the media headlines.
Zr1trader (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:57:41 PM

by default I think they are in such a hole that they have to keep printing to some extent. Currency wars around the globe and the race to zero make sure of that. We don't want japan getting too far ahead now do we Smiley

I think if they do taper it will be something silly , some small amount that doesn't matter.

I will be watching bitcoin at the moment of fed release to see if there is a volatility spike intraday like there is in futures ect. Haven't observed this as of yet.
masterluc
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:05:49 AM

Any tapper action will lead to massive decline on stocks (and Bitcoin) IMO

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:17:56 AM

Fed taper not yet. If it does watch PMs do the opposite to what everyone expects. (I am averaging back into gold right now so yes my post is tied to my position!)

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
lindatess

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:20:12 AM

I'm expecting gold to fall, USD to rise, but with bitcoin there is a speculative force.

So, if bitcoin keeps expanding it will keep rising.

However, recent evidence suggest bitcoin is being clamped down on, and so we are seeing the price fall regardless of the Fed's decision.

EverettMarm

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:39:44 PM

http://on.wsj.com/18xjN1d

USD and EUR to the moon! Cheesy

Nah. I don't think the Fed has any affect on Bitcoin price. Bitcoin is just so speculative right now it's detached almost completely from the real economy, IMO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: