Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:20:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin Pool www.gooddoge.com - 0.5% fee  (Read 4913 times)
Dpack

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:25:04 PM

(as a side note, in the unlikely case where something has gone horribly wrong and work was lost, I will *personally* pay folks out for all their effort from my own dogecoin balance, so relax)

Relaxing here. Stay tuned bro =O
filthyrake (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:41:48 PM

so far I havent found any signs that we've found any additional blocks in the past 17 hours (from going through all the system logs for stratum and the dogecoind network).
so it is *possible* that we've just been incredibly unlucky, but that seems unlikely.

Still investigating, but no obvious signs of anything actually wrong yet.
Dpack

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:23:24 PM

so far I havent found any signs that we've found any additional blocks in the past 17 hours (from going through all the system logs for stratum and the dogecoind network).
so it is *possible* that we've just been incredibly unlucky, but that seems unlikely.

Still investigating, but no obvious signs of anything actually wrong yet.

Any news?
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:25:20 PM

not yet.
I will do my best to provide updates at least every hour, if not more frequently.

every indication in every log I can check is that we just straight up havent found any blocks since yesterday.
darkchaos

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:05:54 PM

(as a side note, in the unlikely case where something has gone horribly wrong and work was lost, I will *personally* pay folks out for all their effort from my own dogecoin balance, so relax)
Very nice gesture!

Anyways, shit happens. especially when you're just starting something up you will run into some problems or bugs.; 1 bigger then the other but still.

Oh, was still on P.1  Grin
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:07:16 PM

I've found ways to crank up the logging even higher, so I have cranked up even more ridiculous logging to hopefully shed some light on this
will keep you guys posted!
darkchaos

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:37:52 PM

I've found ways to crank up the logging even higher, so I have cranked up even more ridiculous logging to hopefully shed some light on this
will keep you guys posted!
Thanks, i switched over to grtaincoin for now, but as soon as i see you fixed it, i will switch back
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:38:54 PM

dont blame you, or anyone else, who wants to switch to another pool while I figure this out Cheesy

its really frustrating for all of us!  (I'm mining on this pool too!  so many DOGEs Sad )
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:01:49 PM

reaching out to some experts to try to help run this down, since it is clearly a problem beyond my understanding at this point.

thanks for your patience so far everyone!
zeukin

Activity: 90

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:03:56 PM

The name is zeukin 578 k/h  - 33k dogecoins a day - 14,677 shares,
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:28:40 PM

so I'm told that the stratum-mining code we were using is deprecated
migrated to new hotness

still digging into issues
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

I was like 2nd miner on your pool (esoteric) and my hash rate sucks! So hoping you can get this fixed up Smiley
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

bonus feature of the new stratum code - whenever a block gets found (on the back end) I will get an email notification
so if blocks are found I can instantly check and verify that they're being credited correctly
Dpack

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:54:58 PM

And all the shares missing bro D=?
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:09:10 PM

there are only shares missing if we completed any blocks.

All the stratum logs (which is what tells me if we found any blocks) say we havent found any blocks.

So you are still accumulating shares towards whenever we find a block.

Now, it *looks* like the *REASON* we didnt find any blocks in so long could have been an issue with the stratum mining code we were running before (which has since been replaced).

However, I cannot magic blocks into existence Cheesy If I could, I'd be rich and quit working my day job haha.

That said, I am still not ready to 100% declare that we just havent found any blocks for almost 24 hours now.  I'm looking into it with every spare moment I have.
linkgabbie

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:33:39 PM

there are only shares missing if we completed any blocks.

All the stratum logs (which is what tells me if we found any blocks) say we havent found any blocks.

So you are still accumulating shares towards whenever we find a block.

Now, it *looks* like the *REASON* we didnt find any blocks in so long could have been an issue with the stratum mining code we were running before (which has since been replaced).

However, I cannot magic blocks into existence Cheesy If I could, I'd be rich and quit working my day job haha.

That said, I am still not ready to 100% declare that we just havent found any blocks for almost 24 hours now.  I'm looking into it with every spare moment I have.

I really hope you find something ! or at least we find a block so we can end this bad luck run!  linkgabbie...
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:50:26 PM

ok, so, I've been chatting with some of the other pool owners, and a LOT of pools are seeing this same behavior right now.

the current theory is that because of all the multipools that have jumped on the DOGE bandwagon, and the increased network hash rate, the average block find time for the not-gigantic pools is going WAY up.

and so we really truly for-honest probably just havent found a block yet.

blocks ARE being rewarded.  its just the time has gone through the roof.
filthyrake (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

After the next block is completed/found by the pool, I will be shutting down all mining on gooddoge.com

Running this server is not what I do for a living, and was intended to try to help the community out.

I've made a grand total of 8k doge from running the pool, at a cost in USD of significantly more than that.

Unfortunately, our issues have done nothing but eat up all of my time, and resulted in lots of threats against myself and accusations of impropriety from the community.

As I've said before, I will make sure everyone gets paid out for their work.  I'm gonna let it keep mining in hopes that we finally hit a block, but once we do that will be the end of the site.  If we dont hit a block in a reasonable amount of time, I will still stop mining and just pay folks out from my own DOGE collection as best I can.

Thank you for your understanding and support.
sobaka007

Activity: 97

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:32:38 PM

After the next block is completed/found by the pool, I will be shutting down all mining on gooddoge.com

Running this server is not what I do for a living, and was intended to try to help the community out.

I've made a grand total of 8k doge from running the pool, at a cost in USD of significantly more than that.

Unfortunately, our issues have done nothing but eat up all of my time, and resulted in lots of threats against myself and accusations of impropriety from the community.

As I've said before, I will make sure everyone gets paid out for their work.  I'm gonna let it keep mining in hopes that we finally hit a block, but once we do that will be the end of the site.  If we dont hit a block in a reasonable amount of time, I will still stop mining and just pay folks out from my own DOGE collection as best I can.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

the sad end of story. I so understand your situation, cuz I have slightly similar with running Team Fortress 2 server; besides, I was thinking to setup my own DOGE mining pool. But I'm sure if you look around you will find many positive things from the doge-pool-journey (experience etc). And thank you for your contribution to the community.

DOGE:DEdiZUuusszWekeXuRA1gZyATW6PZvRCqx   42:4PkjxwwpTpjZhBAMo45128bEg1p9bdtc5j   VTC:VmLEvQataPQWGvCcWjeCDZaQuH8o1C5pQ6   USDe:GLngpzhYfrMHoEePPvZHTiwUGYqdu78HpE
lanmy

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:59:33 PM

Ok..Before u shutdown...Payback my 20000 dogecoin..thats is suddendly dissapear from polll,and i still didnt received deposit ive made before 9 hours ago.Nothing else..Next step...u dont wanna know
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: