Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 12:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, first post while I watch $100,000 widdle away due to China  (Read 547 times)
Anatol Kir (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:19:08 AM

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while, studying, trying to get my head around all of this. I'm a pretty risky person by nature so I've actually already deployed about $100,000 since December 2, 2013. My average cost per coin is about $831 on my BTC which makes up about 80% of my portfolio. The other 20% is made up of LTC which I've averaged around $31 per coin. Up until today I thought I was doing pretty well buying on the dips.

I thought I'd make my first post while watching this Chinese rumor which may or may not be true, drag the price through the mud. I have pretty thick skin and I'll probably just end up buying all the way down. I plan on buying at 600, 550, 500, 450, etc. If that even happens, of course. Hopefully it'll be back over $800 by the time I wake up in the morning. We'll see.

I had an economics professor in business school that taught me that "if we knew what the price would be tomorrow, it would be worth that today". It's all speculation.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1304

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:33:27 AM

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while, studying, trying to get my head around all of this. I'm a pretty risky person by nature so I've actually already deployed about $100,000 since December 2, 2013. My average cost per coin is about $831 on my BTC which makes up about 80% of my portfolio. The other 20% is made up of LTC which I've averaged around $31 per coin. Up until today I thought I was doing pretty well buying on the dips.

I thought I'd make my first post while watching this Chinese rumor which may or may not be true, drag the price through the mud. I have pretty thick skin and I'll probably just end up buying all the way down. I plan on buying at 600, 550, 500, 450, etc. If that even happens, of course. Hopefully it'll be back over $800 by the time I wake up in the morning. We'll see.

I had an economics professor in business school that taught me that "if we knew what the price would be tomorrow, it would be worth that today". It's all speculation.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

Welcome and while a lot of Econ professors are fools, this one's quote is on the moe y. :-)
jspri

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:16:24 AM

You have to decide on why you bought bitcoin.

I have been lurking here for awhile, and hopefully I can give you some insight from my position. I've been in for over 12month, but bought at different times.

The first wave up and down I really felt, but the second and third didn't matter.

If you believe in bitcoin the price tomorrow doesn't matter.

Bitcoin has the potential to be the most disruptive technology in history.

As an example, gold is one area where Bitcoin has the opportunity to take market share.

There is a stated 6.5 trillion USD of value stored in Gold. Imagine BTC taking 1% of Gold's market share.

6500000 million * 0.01 / 21 = $3095 per btc.

~800 could be a very good investment one day.

If you came to speculate on the value tomorrow than I don't think anyone can help you.

Jarred.

ndrmutz

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:56:29 AM

BTFD!  It's on its way up again  Smiley
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:24:26 AM

Nice one, mate
Love the commitment to the asset class, I really hope that it pays off for you in a big way...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: