Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the governments kill cryptocurrencies  (Read 7033 times)
kristensoto

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:46:35 PM

I think nothing can kill cryptocurrency. With the benefits that cryptocurrency brings us in the future this market will grow strongly and bring a lot of profit. So there is no reason for the government to kill the crypto. The government can only issue some regulations to control crypto. At present there are many large countries in the world have adopted and used cryptocurrency. I hope that in the future there will be more countries that accept crypto.

bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:48:09 PM

no government ever can kill cryptocurrencies it is not possible to kill cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are built on decentralized network no governments an stop it just like internet
abattoir1753

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:52:01 PM

In my opinion, I think they would actually try to work with cryptocurrencies, or at least they would try to regulate them just like any other currency existing in a certain country.
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 10:58:36 PM

Usually, government all around the world make alive or kill whatever policy, scheme, instrument or currency that is their control. Cryptocurrency however is not own or control by any central authority or organization. It will be difficult for anyone to kill cryptocurrency.
Definitely, government will never do crypto killing cause they know how much money they might get in there. Only they are waiting for the regularization process to finalize and take actions on it. It could be possible that government will imposed taxes to all crypto holders once done.

I don't agree with you. Most of the governments are conservative in their nature and don't trust things they cannot control. They would love to tax everything that move and income from crypto will be taxed, but will take some time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
selena_lorde

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:07:47 AM

The state has not yet achieved authority over this sector and the market share is increasing if we consider a long timeline. It just means that the states are banned based on the regulations they set, but are unable to prevent the use and operations. As more CEOs, influential people are diving into the cryptocurrency segment, the government will have a tough time regulating cryptocurrencies for real. They can impose taxes, that's fair but they can never ban crypto.

However, if something really grievous like a 51% attack occurs, I'm wondering if it's still possible for the governments to develop USB wallets that extract all the crypto from the blockchain ledger. They could then make a really crafty move- issue out real Bitcoins with all the data in the personal USB drives of all the investors, and make use of anti-counterfeiting technology to make it legit and circulate coins like fiat currency. This way, they have the whole situation under control.

Possibly, the government could be trying out ways to exploit the blockchain and get this done. Just my thoughts over a cup of strong coffee, I pay my bills =]
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:57:51 AM

Some governments are starting to embrace blockchain and cryptocurrencies and others are literally closing the doors to this technology. Do you think governments will continue to fight back against cryptocurrencies and decentralization?

In my own point of view, i think the government could really kill cryptocurrencies because they are powerful enough to do that. But for now they can't because there are countries which they made cryptocurrencies as legal and i think in the near future government will start to accept cryptocurrencies.
The technology can't be killed by the government, so many times the governments had tried to kill the old technology that becomes the mainstream technology right now. Technology is about the future and i don't see any point that makes the government can kill crypto even with strict regulation and it will not work.
I personally think yes but the more here I see the government has begun to enter the world of cryptocurrency and thus the government is banned with bitcoin but already many know if the government has started to go in because already many people see if there is no one point if the government will kill crypto

thaokhuyen01

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:00:36 AM

I do not think so. Electronic money is a trend of the future. Perhaps the government needs to tighten and control them. Now electronic money is floating and uncontrollable. It is being exploited by manipulation and some bad organization
d2s4

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:28:27 AM

Cryptocurrencies could not be killed in this way, I think people love crypto so much and they will find many methods how to coouuntinue to work with it.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
dwiady

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:30:13 AM

I think decentralization is rather difficult for the government to support it, except cryptocurrency with the centralized system
bitconceptbiz1

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:33:01 AM

What I believe is that, the government can never kill cryptocurrency, and my reasons is that some other government as already adopted this crypto system, so I think the government(generally)  will change their mind with time, and if that happens they sky will never be the limit for Cryptocurrencies.
madoka

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:37:59 AM

I trust the administration is undermined that this innovation will be utilized for illicit exchanges like medication exchanges. Besides, crypto is being utilized likewise for fake acts like trick ICOs. I think, the legislature is available to this innovation however they have to settle first on the best way to limit such illicit acts. Also, what are the fundamental activities to be set up so these illicit demonstrations will be gotten.
cryptofunn

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:43:32 AM

in the government are intelligent people and they understand that the traditional economy is replaced by a digital economy with global tokienization. Therefore, the government is trying to saddle this wild horse as a crypto industry

Boldmaxx

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:46:22 AM

The government has been a major threat to the crypto platform at large. And the excuse they all gave was that it could be a threat to the economy at large. But the truth remains that the government can't really end the use of crypto as it is a decentralized platform.
Yinkadaada

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2018, 07:51:19 AM

Nobody can stop crypto, the only reason why I think most government didn't accept crypto is because they weren't able to benefit from transactions fees, taxes and all sorts. Believe me if they could benefit all these from crypto then they'll adopt it in no time.
koralan

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:52:36 AM

In my opinion, governments have no reason to be able to kill electronic money. The moves of governments now are just trying to manage digital financial markets. While they may not be able to manage this market, they limit its development and make the market dependent on the government.
leslie4u

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:54:22 AM

Government is trying their best to create obstacles for Crypto but then they do understand that Cryptos cannot be stopped. They can sit idle of they get their cut for trust me half of them do not even understand what Crypto is and how it works. They would only sit and complain. I must admit that Crypto has changed life for so many people where the government and 9-5 job failed drastically. People now understand the potential of Crypto and they won't let government play around with it.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:01:30 AM

It depends on government whether they want their country economy grow or not. In some countries , Bitcoin is banned and some countries are making its denomination. The main role in growth of cryptocurrencies depends on the government.
Nikitavoz

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:18:05 AM

The US government strongly opposes the development of the cryptocurrencies, but if the market continues to grow - they will not be able to do anything about it.

Activity: 658
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:19:24 AM

I think, after some time the government will stop fighting with decentralization and recognize its benefits in many areas.  After a few years, cryptocurrencies will be used in most developed countries of the world and they will become familiar to most people. Therefore, you should not worry about temporary difficulties and you can be sure of a bright future of cryptocurrencies.
letsfly

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:22:34 AM

Some government tried to kill crypto but I guess they cant. Crypto is connected to the internet and most of the people now are supporting crypto.I believe some government already supporting btc and a few banks as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: