Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is buying bitcoins at what many said in the past are cheap prices now?  (Read 2518 times)
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

I'm not a big buyer. Hundreds of USD is a large buy for me.

Bought .225BTC at 680 Will buy more if it drops under 400.

I also Buy $50 weekly at spot price.

Do you honestly think its going to go below 400?

Do you honestly think its going up from here?

Yeah, in a few weeks time. And in my humble opinion most people think that. That's why there is a general hold going on.

I agree that most people think that. But that doesn't mean it's right.

But it does look like there's a better chance than ever before of it being right. Countries are pronouncing their verdicts now and they will continue to do so in January. And when you think about it, so far so good really. Tech start-ups are jostling to be the first to provide a foolproof wallet your grand-dad could use. Things have changed gears and with the whiff of mainstream adoption big companies want to be the first in. And they will race each-other to do it. That's why the next few months actually look the rosiest by far when compared to the tail end of all the previous bubbles. Things actually looked bad then while they look good now, which is why this bubble tail-end is going to stabilize high.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

No i don't think it will go below 400. Don't really think it will go under 600. But if it goes under 400 I'm willing to risk small amount I have to buy more.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:34:32 PM

No i don't think it will go below 400. Don't really think it will go under 600. But if it goes under 400 I'm willing to risk small amount I have to buy more.

Why wouldn't it go under $400? The reason it skyrocketed was because of china and speculators here priced in that it would boom because of china so they figured spending up to $1200 a bitcoin was worth the risk for even higher returns.

Now that china is out, why shouldn't we go back to more ordinary levels that we had before?

What reasons now would the price be $750 or even $400 when it was only $100 before all this china hype. People are not stupid, and especially the people who don't own bitcoins and are thinking about getting back in. They will simply not spend $700 for a single digital coin. Should the recent price drop from $1200 high all the way to $700 be enough for you to see that maybe these digital coins are not worth that much?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:35:45 PM

If we do go down the lowest i think we will hit is 600
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:38:53 PM

I continue to buy on a daily basis.

No matter where you go, there you are.
elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:48:10 PM

Don't really think it will go under 600.

Stamp was under 600 for a short while during the crash from 900. We just haven't revisited that low yet.
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:30:40 AM

I will buy at $200 and no higher.

This is about how I feel. The last time I bought was at $140, and that seemed high at the time.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:00:18 AM

I'm buying.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:04:17 AM

Yeah, in a few weeks time. And in my humble opinion most people think that. That's why there is a general hold going on.

I agree that most people think that. But that doesn't mean it's right.

But it does look like there's a better chance than ever before of it being right. Countries are pronouncing their verdicts now and they will continue to do so in January. And when you think about it, so far so good really. Tech start-ups are jostling to be the first to provide a foolproof wallet your grand-dad could use. Things have changed gears and with the whiff of mainstream adoption big companies want to be the first in. And they will race each-other to do it. That's why the next few months actually look the rosiest by far when compared to the tail end of all the previous bubbles. Things actually looked bad then while they look good now, which is why this bubble tail-end is going to stabilize high.

John999 doesnt look at fundamentals in that way. He just looks at charts. One has to really dig down into understanding the solutions bitcoin provides and learn why VC is all over bitcoin to know why the fundamentals of this technology are fantastic. People tend to just look at metrics ie how many businesses, volume of payments, etc. They don't get below the surface. And then some people ONLY care about charts, because to them this is just another commodity with no real disruptive characteristics.
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:21:44 AM

Its getting weaker and weaker, right now Gox has it hovering around $680 while earlier today it was around $750.

You guys are simply crazying trying to time the bottom. There is simply no interest in bitcoins right now, no reason to have drastic price fluctuations. Just sit back and enjoy the ride down.

For those sitting on bitcoins, where I hate to offend you but you deserve to lose because you had all the time in the world to cash out at high levels. You were being greedy and thinking it would go higher and higher. Nope, not going to happen. Not any time soon. Too much competition is ramping up also, many new opportunities to put your money elsewhere. Better to diversify anyway, then trust in only one digital currency.

Take the opportunity to cash out at still high prices while you can. $680 is crazy high!

Stop trying to time the bottom as if it will hit the bottom and bouce back. It will stabilize at the bottom for a real long time. At least within $20-40 of the bottom. Like I have already said when I told everyone to sell at over $1000, that it will be a slow controlled fall. That is what has been happening for the most part.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: