Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:05:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best-value alt to buy post-crash  (Read 132 times)
L_777 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:44:29 PM

Back in the dotcom days after the bubble popped, there was a notable difference between the companies that died, and the ones who were able to scrape by and subsequently go on to thrive.  That is, the survivors had a good value proposition in that they were able to save their customers money.  I won't get into the details, but think of it like hod dogs vs t-bone steaks.  In a down-turn, more hot dogs are sold. 

So the question for you, dear reader, is the following:  Do you know of an alt-coin that has a really good value proposition?  What is it, and what gives it value?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rayk

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 04:23:09 PM

Best coin can be bought now is oax, crashed from $1.20 to $0.67. After market recovers, you can make 2x if you buy oax now. Ripple is also giving a good opportunity now.
L_777 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:27:53 PM

Best coin can be bought now is oax, crashed from $1.20 to $0.67. After market recovers, you can make 2x if you buy oax now. Ripple is also giving a good opportunity now.

Thank you.  So what makes them good value propositions?
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:29:26 AM

Back in the dotcom days after the bubble popped, there was a notable difference between the companies that died, and the ones who were able to scrape by and subsequently go on to thrive.  That is, the survivors had a good value proposition in that they were able to save their customers money.  I won't get into the details, but think of it like hod dogs vs t-bone steaks.  In a down-turn, more hot dogs are sold. 

So the question for you, dear reader, is the following:  Do you know of an alt-coin that has a really good value proposition?  What is it, and what gives it value?

First of all, I would say hold some Bitcoin as always. I know that we're talking about alts here, but the crash has brought some pretty good prices to buy at for bitcoin investors, and bitcoin is definitely one of the most obvious long term coins to hold.

Back to alts, I believe that you should have some anonymity-focused coins in your portfolio, because not a lot of people currently know the merits of these coins, and the prices of the biggest anonymous coins haven't been hyped up that much yet.

I suggest accumulating some XMR while it is cheap after the crash. Though don't buy all at once - buy equal fractions at a time regardless of the price, otherwise you might buy all of your XMR at a really high price.
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:34:37 AM

First, I don't believe there will be a market crash. There will be major volatility as expected but always to the upper right until it's not.  And secondly I've been taking diff. looks at diff. projects, what's your opinion on this one? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.0
L_777 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:28:59 AM

Thank you all for your responses.  There is some valuable information here.  However I am looking for very specific information.
Please allow me to offer an example of what I am looking for in a response:

A really good alt in which to invest would be NANO (formerly Railblocks.)    The reason it provides value is the following:
  • transactions on the network are free (there is no fee for transacting value)
  • the network requires minimal resources (which means it's easy on the power bill)
  • It does not require a lot of storage as the unpruned ledger size is less than 2 Gb.

I believe these qualities make NANO an exceptional investment both now, and in a severe crypto-downturn.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:06:41 AM

I think altcoin that has a good value preposition is Waves, the reason that made me choose Waves is:
  • low transaction fees (just 0.001 Waves per transaction)
  • Waves have decentralized exchange that is fast, secure and low fees
  • Waves smart contract is able to distribute and trade created tokens on Waves DEX, and there are many other benefits of Waves smart contract, such as; multi-signature wallets, support for DApps and so on

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:09:49 AM

cant really go wrong with alot of coins most took a deep crash, exceptions like ocn and a couple select others,  just look for a coin with good volume that fell hard itll will recover.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:31:18 AM

I think Neo and Eos are the solid ones and i think that both of them are the biggest blockchain assets after Ethereum so both of them have a really bright future, if you have some spare cash i will suggest you to go and get as many of neo and eos as you can, try to buy in every dip and you will see your holdings growing nicely over time.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:03:49 AM

A real gem is CVCOIN which is only available on openledger but is about to launch on hitbtc (wallet in test mode on their exchange). CVCOIN is like a decentralised whatsapp, the first to hit the market so you can imagine how big it is going to be. Still less than $1 and only 15m supply, this is a bargain price!

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
cryptomeo

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:16:38 AM

The market is well recovering well, so i guess a lot moving zig zag in coming months, i still have a positive outlook for promising blockchain crypto like ADA NEO, ICX, NEM, etc.

But I am not sure we could see 10X this year as the market is recovering very cautiously.
Rggadi

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:21:08 AM

my choice for filling bag in every price dump:
bitcoin
ethereum
rebl
neo
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:36:32 AM

I think altcoin that has a good value preposition is Waves, the reason that made me choose Waves is:
  • low transaction fees (just 0.001 Waves per transaction)
  • Waves have decentralized exchange that is fast, secure and low fees
  • Waves smart contract is able to distribute and trade created tokens on Waves DEX, and there are many other benefits of Waves smart contract, such as; multi-signature wallets, support for DApps and so on

Waves is bullshit and why not ADA, EOS or NEO. they are all even better than waves. if you were realizing about in fact waves smartcontract release doesn't even give a lot of impact to the waves token price result.
Ethereum has done with it a long time ago. There is no reason to use waves again. That's just a crap platform.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:49:46 PM

Privacy coins, good ones are monero and byteballs blackbytes. Research on blackbytes, it also has smart contracts and new dag algorithm.
It has a good developer and team around him, they make updates almost every month.
rosered

Activity: 124
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:46:59 AM

Do I think it's better to invest in some mainstream currency? Because like these stronger currencies? He just went down a bit with the market, but then they're sure to go up again.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™ (https://uncloak.io/)
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 11:12:48 AM

Bought neo and ADA, IMHO now are very cheap. Other part holding eth. Because alts can give more at bounce and quite a low risk at buying now.

btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:24:21 AM

I wouldn't call this a crash just yet. It's just an adjustment of price due to the fact that crypto markets have been rising for a few weeks straight, and in these situations, an adjustment is always imminent at the end.

However, it does definitely present some pretty good buying opportunities.

I would say that IOTA is an excellent buy at the current price level, so you might want to go check that out. Its product isn't completely finished yet, which is why it's so cheap. But it's got lots and lots of potential over the long run.
L_777 (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:39:08 PM

I wouldn't call this a crash just yet. It's just an adjustment of price due to the fact that crypto markets have been rising for a few weeks straight, and in these situations, an adjustment is always imminent at the end.

However, it does definitely present some pretty good buying opportunities.

I would say that IOTA is an excellent buy at the current price level, so you might want to go check that out. Its product isn't completely finished yet, which is why it's so cheap. But it's got lots and lots of potential over the long run.

First off,  thank you for the information.  I do already have some IOTA.  I like the free transactions and the concept.  I agree it does need some work. 

I am also of the opinion that we have yet to see a market crash lately (something like 2014.)   For clarification, I did not call THIS a crash either.  The point of this thread is to gain and share information in anticipation of a crash / major correction.   I do a fair bit of research myself, but sometimes it helps to get input from the community to guide that research along. 

Thanks again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: