Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:56:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This Just In: Chinese President Rumored to be replacing Yuan with Bitcoin  (Read 5004 times)
WillBit (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:26:13 AM

I have a secret source who has a friend who knows the President of China.

He is rumored to have said, during a secret circlejerk, that they will be making Bitcoin the official currency of China.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:29:11 AM

He is rumored to have said, during a secret circlejerk, that they will be making Bitcoin the official currency of China.

I've got a good feeling about this, guys.

This dude seems pretty legit.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
taltamir

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:52:57 AM

China has been warning the US about its endless printing of money and publicly warning it to be less communist and more capitalistic lately lest the US ruin its economy and take the rest of the world with it.

The US economic downturn has been catastrophic for them with their reliance on exports.

It would be a perfectly logical maneuver on their part, very sensible. Could save the entire world... Too bad they are vile communists
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:16:23 AM

Aye, right. The Chinese copy everything, now they r going to do that with Bitcoin. Will it be called Beetcoin, or Bitkoin, or Bitcion?
Mylon

Activity: 140

Mining FTW

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:40:09 AM

OP is full of FUD... best to just ignore him.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:19:46 AM

Yes, but if they did, the USD would be in deep shit.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:46:56 AM

President has 3 BTC and he want to buy 3 more, hihi

IOTA
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:58:32 AM

Yes but you don't have your news on the front page of coindesk...

taltamir

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:38:17 AM

Aye, right. The Chinese copy everything, now they r going to do that with Bitcoin. Will it be called Beetcoin, or Bitkoin, or Bitcion?

No, they will call it pandacoin, or dragoncoin... or pandadragon
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:44:23 AM

If this type of shit around the forums is actually making the price bounce back up.....

I don't know what to say.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:07:28 AM

If this type of shit around the forums is actually making the price bounce back up.....

I don't know what to say.

I bought 10 million bitcoins due to this latest scoop. I hope that speculating based upon a rumor is a smart move.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Eri

Activity: 264

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:14:25 AM

Believe it or not, i talked with the chinese presidents secretary a little while ago, she verified all of this in her weekly report to me. apparently she was under his desk looking for a stapler when a friend of his walked in and this conversation took place.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:58:21 AM

Believe it or not, i talked with the chinese presidents secretary a little while ago, she verified all of this in her weekly report to me. apparently she was under his desk looking for a stapler when a friend of his walked in and this conversation took place.

HiHi

+1  for new Monica Cheesy

IOTA
matriculator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:44:17 PM

Wow dude, thanks. My sister's cousin's uncle daughter's father's cousin's brother was skeptical of buying the last remaining supply on bitcoins until this news.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:26:50 PM

The thread might be sarcastic. But even if we imagine the extreme scenario, then the Chinese will be creating an altcoin which is similar to Bitcoin if they want to replace the CNY. They will not adopt some coin which was invented by an ethnic Japanese.  Grin
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:32:17 PM

Sorry, I won't believe this until I see some Chinese characters with poorly written English text translation plus bullet points and some words in bold.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:30:54 PM

Litecoin was created in China.  Why don't they just use that
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:59:21 PM

i talked with obama, he said it aint true
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:02:20 PM

Hmmm...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:08:08 PM

Wow dude, thanks. My sister's cousin's uncle daughter's father's cousin's brother was skeptical of buying the last remaining supply on bitcoins until this news.
My sister's cousin's uncle= your dad
My sister's cousin's uncle daughter's=your sister
My sister's cousin's uncle daughter's father's=your dad
My sister's cousin's uncle daughter's father's cousin=your dad's cousin
My sister's cousin's uncle daughter's father's cousin's brother=your dads other cousin

if the way you explain family links is the same way you explain bitcoin, no wonder he was sceptical, especially if you told him to wait for the last remaining supply of bitcoins ( year 2140 ).

as for the reason for the chinese decision. its simple. for decades china has positioned itself as the main manufacturer of the world. thus grabbing wealth from other countries in return for goods (making china more wealthier). bitcoins due to the whole US is king, master, dominant party in the community, where most businesses are U.S based, most of the programmers, and exchanges are U.S based. the chinese do not want to hand over their wealth, to eventually be spent by americans. they do not want their chinese investors cashing out into dollar

if bitcoin was more Euro orientated, then china would not have as much of a problem. but to me personally knowing that bitcoin is international i can see china changing its mind once it digs deeper into the whole community. and a few more NON U.S exchanges pop up

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: