Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first post as a newbie  (Read 1140 times)
mhk (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:22:56 AM

Hi, I join this forum to ask question, but just found out that I can't post anywhere except here in Newbie section. I find it funny to request a newbie to start posting something informative (sharing) than allow to ask question. Maybe the admin experience heavy spam posts before and become extra caution.

Anyway, I need to move on and join others in dicussion and ask questions, so this is my first post.
padman

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:23:34 AM

Heya,
Basically this is my first post too.. I came here ask a question on my pool's thread but I've found out I can't post there before I get to post something serious here so let me ask the question here:

The pool I'm mining at has those statistics:

Pool Hash Rate   337.603 MH/s
Pool Efficiency   83.42%
Current Active Workers   807
Current Difficulty   113.32414688
Est. Avg. Time per Round   24 minutes 1 second
Est. Shares this Round   116044 (done: 2482.85%)
Next Network Block   15262    (Current: 15261)
Last Block Found   14702
Time Since Last Block   9 hours 7 minutes 49 seconds

Round Shares Submitted shares since last found block (ie. round shares)
Est. Shares   116044 (done: 2486.18%)
Pool Valid   2885057
Your Valid   905
Pool Invalid   573053
Your Invalid   16

Is it normal for a pool not to get a new block for 9h at difficulty 113?!
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:36:45 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 08:09:39 AM by Bittzy78

Hello,

I just joined the forum because I want to write articles for Devtome and earn me some Devcoins. After looked around the forum for several minutes I was finally able to read a thread that says that I am limited to posting in the newbie section for my first post and then I have to wait 4 hours for further posts. So, this is my first post.

A little background...

I only discovered that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies existed about 5 months ago while at a party with my brother-in-law. I had no idea what it really was but assumed that it must be some sort of Ponzi scheme and doomed to fail. In my drunken stupor, I advised my brother-in-law to never invest any real money in Bitcoin because it was surely about to end it's run. After I had time to do a little further digging I have decided that I couldn't have been more wrong.

I now think that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are probably here to stay and have really jumped into how I can make money off of them. I don't have much to invest right now (hence me wanting to write for Devtone to get Devcoins) but I hope to have a firm handle on what to want to do with cryto-trading by the end of 2013.

I thank-you for your time,

Bittzy78  

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
shade45

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:00:07 AM

Heya,
Basically this is my first post too.. I came here ask a question on my pool's thread but I've found out I can't post there before I get to post something serious here so let me ask the question here:

The pool I'm mining at has those statistics:

Pool Hash Rate   337.603 MH/s
Pool Efficiency   83.42%
Current Active Workers   807
Current Difficulty   113.32414688
Est. Avg. Time per Round   24 minutes 1 second
Est. Shares this Round   116044 (done: 2482.85%)
Next Network Block   15262    (Current: 15261)
Last Block Found   14702
Time Since Last Block   9 hours 7 minutes 49 seconds

Round Shares Submitted shares since last found block (ie. round shares)
Est. Shares   116044 (done: 2486.18%)
Pool Valid   2885057
Your Valid   905
Pool Invalid   573053
Your Invalid   16

Is it normal for a pool not to get a new block for 9h at difficulty 113?!

I'm part of that same pool. Just started mining a few hours ago. They finally got the block, but comparing to the previous blocks of similar difficulty it should definitely not have taken that long.
Smkc

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:35:41 AM

Hi All.  This is also my first post and a total newbie to he world of mining.  Does anyone know if it's better to join a small mining pool or one that has a mass loads of people I'm it?  I also found a pool at multipool.us.  It appears to allow you to mine several coin depending on best payout.  At least that's what they post on their site.  Also, I don't even know if the coins on there are even worth the time.  With so many coins out there, what's the best approach to get the most out of my time?  Anyhow, if anyone has any recommendations on using pools, I'd appreciate it.
Zyz

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:24:04 AM

Hello,

I joined because the only support of a pool I'm using is on here. I got locked out and the only way to be unlocked is ask it in the threads here, no email support unfortunately...
luckyguy08

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:56:02 AM

mee too :d
b1nary

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:36:25 PM

Another "Newbie" here. I am here as enthusiastic programmer and webdev and was a little dissappointed when i could not post in the threads i wanted to. This post is not worthful (like actually a lot in this sub) still i have to  make it just to post somewhere else after it... But yeah spam is a god damn problem not even captcha can solve these days. If one gets 1000 captchas handsolved by poor people for less than a dollar there is actually no chance for a working anti spam protection. The only solution is a global identifing Internet ID... Lol...

Aaaanyway i am just typing words as I hope to  get whitelisted by the bots or whoever else. We may discuss a good anti spam protection meanwhile? Wink
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:47:26 PM

Hey there OP,
Welcome to the forum

You can start posting on other sections once you are online 4 hours and your post count is >1

Read the newbie readme here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:50:28 PM

I am new here too, registered to post in doge coin section but can't do it untile do not post some c... here. Very bad, very stupid, very sad.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:00:15 PM

Hi all and welcome.  Smiley

You can star asking questions or posting content right away in this section. Remember, you are posting now.
 mhk, did you have a question?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
drknife

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

I am new here too, registered to post in doge coin section but can't do it untile do not post some c... here. Very bad, very stupid, very sad.

This helps keep SPAM out of the forums.  I am all for that.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

Welcome all! I love the stories you've posted of how you came to find out about bitcoin. I myself discovered it while reading a news article on RT. Those shiny casascius coins caught my eye
and it made me want to get a few. Now, here I am on the forum as a solid member since earlier this year.
jjwhitehead

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:05:14 PM

Hi all.
Can i get your opinions on this company?
http://axonlabs.net/?l=company.about
Thanks in advance.

--Just another newbie  Undecided  Wink
Sonos

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:09:27 PM

Hello there!
navenis

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:19:36 PM

howdi
habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

(I wanted to post this in the Butterbot-topic, but well... newbie etc.)
It's very hard not to turn off the Butterbot when it trades like this...

I'm just very happy I only gave it 1 btc to play with. Rest of my coins is in longterm cold storage Smiley
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:20:55 PM

hello, welcome my friend!

1 BTC = 1 BTC
navenis

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:27:11 PM

how is everyone?

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:40:33 PM

It sounds like more than a couple of us just joined to get more info on what's going on with the doge pools. Those stats in padman's post look a lot like those of doge.scryptpools.com. I joined up yesterday morning for fun, but: the dashboard only shows 180 of the 16000 doge I should expect per day; there are constant connection issues; I've not received any payout since my request yesterday; and the site is mad slow.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: