Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to do Arbitrage?  (Read 1341 times)
Transhuman32 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:29:01 AM

Hello everyone ,I would like to know that is it possible to do arbitrage with Indian exchanges.And is there anyone who is profiting from bitcoin arbitrage?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:16:27 PM

How many sites are there that you can do arbitrage?
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 06:19:58 PM

Hello everyone ,I would like to know that is it possible to do arbitrage with Indian exchanges.And is there anyone who is profiting from bitcoin arbitrage?

Kinda spent some time thinking about this and i do think that it is possible.

Both exchanges in India are well reputed and have transacted in high volume.

But would need moving crypto to btc-e and back and first playing arb on the international exchanges.

Transhuman32 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:45:08 PM

But would need moving crypto to btc-e and back and first playing arb on the international exchanges.

Have you tried to arbitrage at the International sites...Which one's are worth it and possible to withraw money.(As I have have heard it's quite impossible to withraw from gox currently)
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 05:52:13 PM

Have you tried to arbitrage at the International sites...Which one's are worth it and possible to withraw money.(As I have have heard it's quite impossible to withraw from gox currently)

Nope.. Have not tried it..

G K G

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:11:12 PM

Haven't tried it yet. but i think there is a limit for transfering money to ur account from a foreign account. maybe somewhere between 50k-100k INR (actually that is why RBI is actually pissed with BTC  Wink )
And also MTgox charges 2500yen(~25$) for each international wire transfers and also it takes a long time to recieve the funds (roughly 2weeks  Shocked )

MrClemenzo

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:25:52 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 10:39:50 AM by MrClemenzo

Arbitrage is possible, but a lot more profitable while exploiting the altcoin market pairs rather than the fiat pairs. The best way to do arbitrage is by finding certain trends on one market between two exchanges, it could be LTC/BTC between Cryptsy and BTC-E etc. While analyzing and finding such trends, you just make sure you have big enough buffer on each market in each coin to cover the withdrawal fees (+ your profit %) when you need to balance the two exchange funds. Sure enough, the bigger buffer you can afford, the longer time between balancing which will boost your profit %, since you'll have to pay less withdrawal fees. Trading volume is also extremely important while analyzing the market for trends. No volume = no profit, regardless the arbitrage percentage.

At the moment I'm setting up a site, which will showcase arbitrage opportunities on more than 50 market pairs between 13 exchanges, totaling over 500 arbitrage calculations showed in real-time. Stay tuned!
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:13:54 AM

I think BTC robot runs on the principle of arbitrage. Dont know if they covered India based exchanges, though all of them are now suspended.

dc0ded

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 07:13:26 PM

I think BTC robot runs on the principle of arbitrage. Dont know if they covered India based exchanges, though all of them are now suspended.

I don't think that there are any real BTC exchanges in India. They are websites allowing manual buy/sell of BTC. And recently most of these sites suspended their services, after an RBI guideline which was followed by some inquiries and raids by ED officials.
Transhuman32 (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:45:34 AM

Arbitrage is possible, but a lot more profitable while exploiting the altcoin market pairs rather than the fiat pairs. The best way to do arbitrage is by finding certain trends on one market between two exchanges, it could be LTC/BTC between Cryptsy and BTC-E etc. While analyzing and finding such trends, you just make sure you have big enough buffer on each market in each coin to cover the withdrawal fees (+ your profit %) when you need to balance the two exchange funds. Sure enough, the bigger buffer you can afford, the longer time between balancing which will boost your profit %, since you'll have to pay less withdrawal fees. Trading volume is also extremely important while analyzing the market for trends. No volume = no profit, regardless the arbitrage percentage.

At the moment I'm setting up a site, which will showcase arbitrage opportunities on more than 50 market pairs between 13 exchanges, totaling over 500 arbitrage calculations showed in real-time. Stay tuned!

Arbitrage between crypto pairs ,seems interesting.I never thought about that.I was thinking about crypto/fiat arbitrage.Keep us updated about your site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: