Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:42:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD OUT [GROUP BUY 3] In-Stock Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S Ships on 12/20&12/21  (Read 27798 times)
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:24:48 PM

edit: oh yeah and a friend got his delivered yesterday with a mangled and bent back plate and a broken fan......

Having a ant headache at the moment.

2 units hooked up to a 1200w psu and one unit keep powering down completely while the other still mines away.... they are on the same power though.

waiting on 2 ants to ship which ar 2--3 days late now, original buyer not happy as he has lost about 0.30.5btc

one ant killed a 860w platinum corsair and killed the pci extenderg
one ant killed a 1100w

not enjoying the ants so much this weekend.....

Sad Not good. Never heard of the units _killing_ PSUs. I guess these are armyantminers. As far as the bent back plate, yeah that thing is really thin and prone to bending. One of my units came with the fan grill all pushed and bent in. As you can guess I did not spot it right away and when I powered the unit the fan made a loud grinding noise as it was stopped dead in its  track by the bent grill. A pair of pliers did the trick and all is well now.

I think it would've been nice to make the frame a bit thicker though so it does not bend so easily. I don't think it would've added that much to the shipping weight.

When you say killed the PSUs how exactly did it happen - sparks? Melted power cables?

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:31:08 PM

Melted the pci-e cables. It happened on two 860w corsair platinums running at mine.

The extenders were meted and brown and stuck and the cable was also stuck in psu end

my friend had similar with a 1100, brand I am unaware of.

The metal plate is bendable, the fan needs replaced though.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:02:56 AM

im running 2 antminers perfectly with a 1000 W PSU
AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:34:45 AM

im running 2 antminers perfectly with a 1000 W PSU
My antminer showed up on time but my powersupply was a day late because of FedEx.

So I took one of my GPU miners, disconnected a 7950, and used those two PCI-e leads to run the antminer.  It ran that way until late the next day when I finally received my new Corsair TX850M to run the antminer.  All is running good.

I am waiting for my group 3 antminer to show up now.  I pulled an old Dell 4u dual xeon system and a old supermicro 4u dual xeon server that I used as database servers many years ago.  They both have dual hot swap power supplies in them.  I am working on connections to put these to use with ASIC miners.  I have a few 1u and 2u servers in storage, I'll have to see if I can use them also.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:52:17 AM

sushi did the rest of the orders ship today? thanks

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 07:22:07 AM

Melted the pci-e cables. It happened on two 860w corsair platinums running at mine.

The extenders were meted and brown and stuck and the cable was also stuck in psu end

my friend had similar with a 1100, brand I am unaware of.

The metal plate is bendable, the fan needs replaced though.

Hmm, odd. Did you overclock them?

elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:24:17 AM

no overclock
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:28:13 AM

no overclock
Whoa, what the hell is going on then. That is supposed to happen only when the power draw is excessive. Perhaps the gauge of the wires is too low (ie 20 AWG instead of 18 or lower)?

elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:34:44 AM

dunno, the each PSU is only about 4 months old. Only one PCI-E on each PSU/ANT got hot and melted.

does anyone have any experience setting these up on ubuntu? trying to help a friend but i suck  Tongue
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:04:58 AM

dunno, the each PSU is only about 4 months old. Only one PCI-E on each PSU/ANT got hot and melted.

does anyone have any experience setting these up on ubuntu? trying to help a friend but i suck  Tongue

It should be fairly easy. Just ensure that he's on the same subnet as the antminer (white sticker on the control board tells you its default IP address). So in ubuntu he can go to the "network" tray applet at the top right of the screen (depending on whether he's using Unity or the classic Gnome based environment) and manually set the IP address of the LAN adapter to 192.168.2.x, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, etc. The network manager tray applet should look like two up and down arrows (1 up 1 down).

He can also run the network manager app by typing "sudo network-manager" or "sudo network-manager-gnome"

elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:11:58 AM

It should be fairly easy. Just ensure that he's on the same subnet as the antminer (white sticker on the control board tells you its default IP address). So in ubuntu he can go to the "network" tray applet at the top right of the screen (depending on whether he's using Unity or the classic Gnome based environment) and manually set the IP address of the LAN adapter to 192.168.2.x, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, etc. The network manager tray applet should look like two up and down arrows (1 up 1 down).

He can also run the network manager app by typing "sudo network-manager" or "sudo network-manager-gnome"

okay, i think i did the above last night(like the windows instructions), but still could not login to the miner ip.

They are set up and mining, but using my windows laptop, he still can't access them from his ubuntu system.

Don't suppose you have  instructions for making the miners work via a cable connection?
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:56:17 AM

okay, i think i did the above last night(like the windows instructions), but still could not login to the miner ip.

They are set up and mining, but using my windows laptop, he still can't access them from his ubuntu system.

Don't suppose you have  instructions for making the miners work via a cable connection?

So they were setup to mine wirelessly then? The steps to make them work via cable connection are simple:

1) Log into the web interface somehow
2) Go to Network
3) Edit the "WAN" interface and switch the protocol from DHCP to Static IP
4) Manually assign all the network settings
5) Save and apply

Done.

AbiTxGroup

Activity: 447

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:07:06 AM

Something is not right here.

For one thing, if you have them setup an mining while using you windows laptop, then they are setup.  They do not "need" a windows nor a linux machine to run.  They are stand alone miners. 

You need to set the network info, the pool info, and set your local time, and you are good to go.  To monitor it locally, you use a browser connecting to the IP address that you reconfigured the antminer to.

You can access the antminer control screen from any web browser that is connected to the local network.  I just connected to mine with my iphone3gs, my lubuntu laptop, and my win7 laptop using safari, chromium, and firefox.

If you can get to the antminer control screen using a windows browser, then the problem is with his ubuntu system.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:30:41 AM

We got him up and running..I discovered the source of his problem too..his home router does not do DNS forwarding, so while we were manually assigning the miner's WAN interface static IP assignments the miner could not reach the outside network because it could not resolve hostname - ie DNS was busted. So the trick was to instead of using the router's IP address in the DNS fields, I used google's public DNS servers, and tadaaaa all worked after.

Kind of lame that a router would not do dns forwarding though. I fails to see any valid reason linksys would disable or omit that feature.

madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:35:37 PM

Still no sign of my GB3 unit in MyUPS.  If it went out Friday I was hoping to get it tomorrow, but maybe Tuesday I guess.  The holiday season is interfering with my miner delivery! Smiley
hanspeter77
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1175

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 03:28:50 PM

i want buy 1 miner
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:42:09 PM

Still no sign of my GB3 unit in MyUPS.  If it went out Friday I was hoping to get it tomorrow, but maybe Tuesday I guess.  The holiday season is interfering with my miner delivery! Smiley

All of mine in GB3 shipped Thursday/Friday, and I should have tomorrow according to quantum view.
madpoet

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:58:40 PM

Thanks Bob Smiley
FreeGiz

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:13:00 PM

All of mine in GB3 shipped Thursday/Friday, and I should have tomorrow according to quantum view.
they already giving the tracking number? why I did not recevie it, my number?
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:30:02 PM

they already giving the tracking number? why I did not recevie it, my number?

Never had to give a tracking number- just asked them to ship with my UPS account, that way my rep keeps an Eye on it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: