Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:24:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create our own crypto-currency  (Read 705 times)
newbee24 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:52:09 AM

It is proven that all cryptographic coins are taken by the 1% again. They have all the powerful mining devices and money to pay for electricity. We have to create our own crypto-currency. Here is an idea:

1) Create our own peer-to-peer network
2) Only members in this network can mine this crypto-coins
3) Use CPU based algorithm
4) Only one device per IP address per receiver address (Is there a fool-proof way to control this?)
5) Members use coin to buy things/services from each other. E.g. provide car-pool service for coins (we have to drive to work anyway).
6) Once we get most of the coins, we open the network to the bankers

What do you think?
TimTimTim

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:20:34 AM

i don't get it
how is that currency better, than any other?
Morning-Star

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:57:56 AM

1: Peer to peer network already assumes a minimum wealth to be able to participate, you idea just starts lower down the foodchain.

2: I think you need to do some basic economics. Free trade benefits all, yes some fore than others, but sectioned off areas of what could otherwise be an integral part of an economy are worse off by keeping to themselves. Free trade enables efficiency through specialization and scale. Minimizing the user base limits growth potential.

3: Look up why cpu only mining is a bad thing.

4: No way to control this.

5: Same as 2.

6: There needs a reason for the bankers to want to be involved. They want to make profit.

Crypto currencies are tech based and use resources to operate. There is no escaping the capitalist reality.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 12:01:17 PM

It is proven that all cryptographic coins are taken by the 1% again. They have all the powerful mining devices and money to pay for electricity. We have to create our own crypto-currency. Here is an idea:

1) Create our own peer-to-peer network
2) Only members in this network can mine this crypto-coins
3) Use CPU based algorithm
4) Only one device per IP address per receiver address (Is there a fool-proof way to control this?)
5) Members use coin to buy things/services from each other. E.g. provide car-pool service for coins (we have to drive to work anyway).
6) Once we get most of the coins, we open the network to the bankers

What do you think?

I'm in, got plenty ideas, 0 knowledge on how could we do that. I can invest some coins if it's going to be serious.
PM if it is.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
opnoskatt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:10:20 PM

So... the overall idea is to remove the 1% from the equation, and then to bring them in once everybody else had gathered up all the coins and made it popular.  Wont that then make the coin-holders the new 1%?  Do you want to make a good free market or are you just trying to get rich?

Address list -> seems to be the cool thing to do, you can give me cryptocash for nothing!
FZ: FA3HLhx8iyGPniYoHHyDxMREno6KtwnoiY
XPM: AdKrkQzdJmQPrx2Kujybycrxt5yvN4n1W8
S.Kropotkin

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:17:41 PM

It is proven that all cryptographic coins are taken by the 1% again.

Are you able to provide any semblance of evidence to back up this claim?

Thanks,
S.Kro
SemiMolten

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:36:37 PM

Sure, I could borrow my neighbour's wifi. Why do you want to limit it to one per household? Dont have any use.

Moneta01

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:40:32 PM

I think its a good idea,

I was also think about it..

Buth whats its gonna take to build one?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: