Bitcoin Forum
August 11, 2024, 08:29:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Harassment - Any lawyers out there?  (Read 493 times)
6strings (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:44:14 PM

Cryptys has sent me 30+ emails in the last 12 hours about negative balances and demanding payment.
The thing is I never had a negative balance. Not now, not ever. Then they sent me multiple emails apologizing for the harassment e-mails, and an email for every ticket I ever sent them. Tickets that were closed long ago!
This is insane!
Ever few mins my phone goes off telling me of an e-mail from cryptsy.
I missed half a nights sleep cause my phone kept going off!

I know there are countless others getting this harassment.
Any lawyers out there that want to do a cease and desist or put together a class action get in touch. I'd love to see that place crumble. 
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

There are a bunch of questions I'd need to know, namely what state do you live in?

How many calls are we talking about and how many e-mails?

Of course, you could have also turned your phone to silent.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:09:40 PM

They have or had a bug where users could withdraw more BTC that they had, and it looks like they confused you with someone else. There was a guy who managed to withdraw 60 BTC and he returned it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who decided to keep the extra BTC.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s73f7/i_have_sent_back_the_60_btc_i_was_mistakenly_able/

Signature space available for rent.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1348

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:11:48 PM

I did get the emails as well.
Not that many though, somewhere around 4-5 of them for every ticket I've opened.
I also had the negative balance. The next time I added funds to my account, it auto-corrected the balance after taking the negative balance away.
I don't think I ever went into a negative balance though as I don't see how its possible seeing as the site don't let you buy anything without having  the exact amount of funds in your account at the time.
They did email me, but honestly I still can't see how its possible.
Would be interested to hear about this as well.
6strings (OP)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:29:02 PM

I'm in Canada to be more specific. Its just a piss off more than anything. They seem to have stopped now. Thank god.

I never had a negative balance, I don't now and never have in the past. My balance on cryptsy is now 0 on almost every coin. There are no negatives. I've taken nearly every bit of coin I had on there out already. Only micro fractions of some bunk coins remain on there.

Yes I could set me phone to silent, although I shouldn't have to. Normally I might get 1 or 2 e-mails at that address overnight at most. Sometimes they can be important, related to things outside of crypto. I use this address for important stuff. I use it for crypto too as its my most secure address and most checked. My bunk mail goes to a hotmail account. Cryptsy will soon be added to my spam account if this happens again.

Annoyed to say the least. That combined with the amount of losses of taken these last few weeks because of cryptsy incompetence has left me rather frustrated. I've lost $100s if not $1000s. Its a pretty big piss off to have them come asking me for money that I don't owe, never owed, and not telling me the balance of this debt....

Hey Vern, i think 'Ernest Runs Cryptsy' would make a great movie. Too bad Jim Varney is dead. Although even a rotted corpse could do a better job than you...eh Vern?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: