Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:41:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone tried a solar or other renewable power source for miners?  (Read 589 times)
bitmutiny (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:56:06 PM

Hey all, been in the mining game for a few months and just joining this forum. Just wondering if anyone has experimented with using solar / wind / whatever other renewable power for their miners. Maybe powering a jalapeno or something?

AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:04:03 PM

Hey all, been in the mining game for a few months and just joining this forum. Just wondering if anyone has experimented with using solar / wind / whatever other renewable power for their miners. Maybe powering a jalapeno or something?

I think all types of gamle with the bitcoins are made to earn BTC but You will not earn it the pople that make those games will rip You off Smiley
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:17:25 PM

That's a fantastic idea man! It will help reduce the carbon footprint around the world of us miners. Moreover, that's free energy  Grin

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Borbolon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:15:48 PM

Check this out! https://www.google.com/search?q=solar+energy+bitcoin+mining+site:bitcointalk.org&espv=210&es_sm=122  Cheesy
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:45:12 PM

yeah my mom's power is pretty renewable ( i don't pay teh bills)
bitmutiny (OP)

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:45:35 PM

I like this company's products, and they can be used for many other applications as well. http://www.goalzero.com/

lindeanin

Activity: 161

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:49:11 PM

That's a fantastic idea man! It will help reduce the carbon footprint around the world of us miners. Moreover, that's free energy  Grin

Nothing is free, the renewable power cost a lot of money to buy and install
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:59:14 PM

Yea but that's just a one time investment. After that free energy forever!

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:02:00 PM

Yea but that's just a one time investment. After that free energy forever!

Unless you have replace expensive batteries every few years  Wink
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:07:48 PM

I would love to invest in a wave powered miner. Perhaps I could not only generate free electricity, but avoid regulation in international waters. The problem is connecting to a fast connection. Unless I put it in the North Atlantic so that I can jack into the TransAtlantic cable with my Leatherman's tool.   Cool

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bitmutiny (OP)

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:20:24 PM

yeah my mom's power is pretty renewable ( i don't pay teh bills)
I hear ya, i dont pay electric either (part of apt rental agreement) but i know shts gonna hit the fan when I upgrade my 2 jalaps to 2 Antminers and i wanna be prepared or lessen the wall load a little.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: