Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CPU Mining on Slush's pool  (Read 1195 times)
Guppydas (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:08:56 PM

Day two of my active BitCoin adventure. One thing I realised I can't be GPU mine. Well I have a notebook computer. I understand the economics so spare that for the moment. However, I am simply curious about this concept. So I am happy to use CPU mining and finally figured out how to setup CPU mining using minred.exe. It is working.

My questions is, will it count towards the pool contribution? Will the efforts be worth for benefit of the pool? Will all pools accept CPU mining?

Thanks in advance.
chandrew

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:00:00 PM

CPU mining in Slush's pool is where it's at!

But going to freebitcoin will work faster than the pool!
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:02:00 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 03:19:22 PM by jongameson

CPU mining in Slush's pool is where it's at!

But going to freebitcoin will work faster than the pool!

even if i HAD a GPU i wouldn't mine at Slush's pool.

what u want to do is go solo.  then at least u have the guts and the glory (25 BTC potential prize)
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:08:57 PM

Or you could stop the mental retardation of destroying a perfectly good laptop for absolutely no gain at all. Nothing you do will likely contribute to the pool, you'll likely hurt the pool by wasting their bandwidth sending work that will never, ever, be solved. Of course that is an insignificant amount, but still...

GPU mining is dead, and you using a CPU!?! A laptop cpu no less.

There are ways to actually make bitcoins with CPU mining, but it's a lot of research and a lot of pure dumb luck (which seems to have gone south lately.) You aren't mining bitcoins though, more or less digging garbage to trade for bitcoins. Of course it's highly probable that whatever your laptop is carrying isn't near enough to even dig garbage.

Laptops have no business with anything but asic/fpga mining.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:12:19 PM

CPU mining is dead, GPU mining is dead. You are late to the party with this. Or you can try CPU only alt coin like Quark coin (QRK) where your chances are multiples higher than on BTC or LTC.
chandrew

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:18:31 PM

I was CPU mining DOGE, made ~2k pretty quick.

Stopped as difficulty increased though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: