Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: China does or doesn't hate Bitcoin ?  (Read 1185 times)
Mjbmonetarymetals (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:11:04 PM

Do I understand this correctly - china doesn't hate Bitcoin it classes it as a virtual commodity rather than a currency, the recent moves to restrict 3rd party payment providers is to better guard against money laundering in that money must move from only Chinese accounts into Bitcoin exchanges and visa versa.

Bitrated user: Mick.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:29:59 PM

Do I understand this correctly - china doesn't hate Bitcoin it classes it as a virtual commodity rather than a currency, the recent moves to restrict 3rd party payment providers is to better guard against money laundering in that money must move from only Chinese accounts into Bitcoin exchanges and visa versa.

I'm not sure.  The only thing I'm sure of is something something, sources, sources, ban, China, government, banks, sources, sources, bitcoin, sources, illegal.  Therefore, sell.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
justmake

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:08:23 PM

China is "now cracking down harder" not just on Bitcoin but most other digital currencies, including Litecoin. "PBOC does not like it, does not want it to become another speculative bubble here. Tough to fight the PBOC,"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china-bitcoin-crackdown-intensifies-2013-12#ixzz2nk6Pt5Zt
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:12:00 PM

China is "now cracking down harder" not just on Bitcoin but most other digital currencies, including Litecoin. "PBOC does not like it, does not want it to become another speculative bubble here. Tough to fight the PBOC,"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china-bitcoin-crackdown-intensifies-2013-12#ixzz2nk6Pt5Zt

It's confirmed.  I'm reading the ruling on the PBOC website right now. 

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:23:10 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 03:36:44 PM by dancupid

China is still the world's easiest place to buy bitcoins - 12 established exchanges - free bank transfers, 0.3%. http://btckan.com/price
It's a Bitcoin paradise compared to the 'freedoms' of the USA.
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

Can you post a URL link to what you're reading?

Bitrated user: Rees.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:27:00 PM

Here it is.

Quick translation of a few sentences from sources:  "Flow of state currency into bitcoin must be controlled and eventually stopped.  After the New Year all bitcoin transactions in China will be suspended.  We, at the PBoC, do not like bitcoin.  We do not want it to become another speculative bubble here.  It will be tough to fight us."

Other news sources will be referencing this official release soon.  Looks like we're headed for another leg down after this authentic report.

optimator

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 05:35:04 PM

Here it is.

Quick translation of a few sentences from sources:  "Flow of state currency into bitcoin must be controlled and eventually stopped.  After the New Year all bitcoin transactions in China will be suspended.  We, at the PBoC, do not like bitcoin.  We do not want it to become another speculative bubble here.  It will be tough to fight us."

Other news sources will be referencing this official release soon.  Looks like we're headed for another leg down after this authentic report.

Are you sure that is the correct link? I didn't see what you wrote.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:37:40 PM

Here it is.

Are you sure that is the correct link? I didn't see what you wrote.

Yep, that's the right one.  I checked it with sources.  Also, it was confirmed on twitter.  Can't find the link now, I think it was deleted.  But sources confirmed it, so it's definitely true.

viajero

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:45:23 PM

Here it is.

they talk about a lot of stuff there (currency deposits, credit, real estate) but sure as hell not about bitcoin! wrong link or just FUD?
viajero

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:46:49 PM

Yep, that's the right one.  I checked it with sources.  Also, it was confirmed on twitter.  Can't find the link now, I think it was deleted.  But sources confirmed it, so it's definitely true.

ROFL! you don't belive that yourself, right?!
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:49:29 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 06:12:03 PM by jdbtracker

China knows what Bitcoin will do to it, they have to control their population. They have had their Iron grip on the population for too long, to let it get out of their control now would destroy them; They have no choice.

Bitcoin is extremely disruptive it returns monetary control to the population, Monetary control can give a nation a way to manipulate the market, without that, bad market decisions correct themselves drastically, in essence, Bitcoin economically spanks you for making bad choices, it forces people to learn to express their economic power rationally.

But anyway, it just means there will be no Chinese places to spend those bitcoins, they'll have to purchase from abroad... their loss. So who wants to start up the first Chinese Proxy Escrow so these poor deprived people can spend and hold their bitcoins abroad? A Barter Exchange System could bypass these regulations, everyone has something they are willing to exchange for something else, there are no laws against people sending products abroad to receive goods in exchange are there? Smiley

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:53:52 PM

ROFL! you don't belive that yourself, right?!

Can not see it either...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: