Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PyramidOfCoins.com - simple and transparent referral commission platform.  (Read 866 times)
n1c (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:41:08 PM

Hey guys! I've been working on pyramidofcoins.com.

I was inspired by this bitcoin pyramid but I've drastically simplified the rules. My version is very linear and simple, with no random elements of luck or chance.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/feedback!

Nic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LuckyBitSupport

Activity: 706
Merit: 519

Official LuckyBit Support

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:48:26 PM

So basically you are doing a "transparent ponzi scheme"? Not bad.  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█████▄▄███████████▄▄
     ▄▄    ▄████▀▀█████▀▀▀  ▄███████▄
  ▄█████  ████    ███▀     ███▀▀▀████▌
 ▐██▀    ████    ▐██▀  ▄  ▐███    ███▌
 ▐██▄   █████  ▄▄███  ███ ███▌   ▄███
  ▀█████████████████▄███ ▐█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀████▀▀  ▀▀████▀  ██████████
       ▐███▌            ▐███    ▀███▄
       ████             ███▌     ████
    ▄▄█████       ▄██▄ ▐███     ▄███▀
 ▄███████████▄▄▄█████▀ █████▄▄▄████▀
█████▀▀▀▀██████████▀ ▐███████████▀
▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀

██████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀▀    ███
████████████████████▀▀   ▄▄██  ███
██████████████████▀▀   ▄▄██████  █████
██
████████████▀▀   ▄▄██████████  █████
███
████████▀▀   ▄▄██████████████  ██████
██
█████▀▀   ▄▄██████████████████  ██████
██
██▀   ▄▄██████████████████████  ██████
██
██
▄▄██████████████████████████  ██████
██
██
████████████████████████████  ██████
███
██
███████████████████████████  ██████
██
███
█████████████████████████  █████
████
██
█████████████████████████  █████
███
██
████████████████████████████
███
████
██████████████████████████
████
█████
███████████████████
██████
██████████████████
██████████████████

● Great Prizes
● Trophies
● The Original Plinko
● Great Community
● Chat Lotto
● Low House Edge
n1c (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:50:40 PM

Haha yeah, except Ponzi kinda said "give me some money, I'll perform magic and then you'll get huge returns!", while with this if you don't refer people you get nothing and that's quite clear  Cool
n1c (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:52:05 AM

x-post from the other bitcoin pyramid thread - arsenische is graciously donating some traffic.

Hey guys; I've been working on a similar but different pyramid. With the emphasis on transparency & simple rules. Could I link to it here for some early feedback?

Thanks for asking. I think Bitcoin Pyramid members deserve to be among the first people who know about it.

Let's see how the simplified version of rules work. Sign in under my ref: http://pyramidofcoins.com/r/15hV8FxJkc4V6pmDGeWkGBCTM6oW1q8mXe and I will spend up to 1 btc to oppose outdated pyramid ads thus generating some revenue to existing members. According to Earnings Estimator, 27 referrals with depth of 2 are needed  Smiley
submersed

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:39:48 PM

It is important to note where the service fee goes if there is no referral at time of sign up. Is it distributed to all users equally? Can you comment on this?

I noticed how easy it is to sign-up without a referral code, and to remove the referral code from the hyperlink, and this sparked concern.

I think if the service fee from a non-referred sign-up is not distributed equally to all users, it should not be possible to sign up without a referral link, thus encouraging sign-ups to use the referral link provided to them. You should also implement a function that locks a specific referral link to an IP address, or uses a cookie, so that if I refer a user to view the page, they are tied to my account for x amount of days.
n1c (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:55:30 PM

It is important to note where the service fee goes if there is no referral at time of sign up. Is it distributed to all users equally? Can you comment on this?

I noticed how easy it is to sign-up without a referral code, and to remove the referral code from the hyperlink, and this sparked concern.

I think if the service fee from a non-referred sign-up is not distributed equally to all users, it should not be possible to sign up without a referral link, thus encouraging sign-ups to use the referral link provided to them. You should also implement a function that locks a specific referral link to an IP address, or uses a cookie, so that if I refer a user to view the page, they are tied to my account for x amount of days.

Sorry about the slow reply I've been away with family over the festive season!

Sure I don't mind talking about it - the service fee goes straight to the house.

I thought about distributing it in some way but it's just cleaner not too. I really want to keep the rules as simple as possible and having some strange random spread starts to get confusing. Say there's 10'000 members and someone new signs up at the base, should everyone get 50 mbtc / 10'000? That doesn't really make sense and somehow randomly sharing out a larger share, say 2 mBTC to a few members isn't clear and predictable.

I'll add tracking of the incoming referral address to my TODO that does make sense  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: