Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:05:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Create your own cryptocurrency in less than 30 seconds  (Read 150 times)
jahn_quid (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 07:22:00 PM

https://www.producthunt.com/posts/coingenerator

From their Medium article:

Do you want to create the future of money? Do you want to build a local currency for your city? Do you want to track the assets of your company? Do you want to add blockchain to your existing product? or just want to experiment building a cryptocurrency with its own blockchain? If so, this article is for you! I will explain a quick way to build a proof of stake cryptocurrency running on its own blockchain. It’s simple and very quick 🚀!
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:35:49 PM

Do you want to create the future of money? Do you want to build a local currency for your city? Do you want to track the assets of your company? Do you want to add blockchain to your existing product? or just want to experiment building a cryptocurrency with its own blockchain? If so, this article is for you! I will explain a quick way to build a proof of stake cryptocurrency running on its own blockchain. It’s simple and very quick 🚀!
What's so new about it ? It's the typical way of generating your coins fork from theirs except here you're paid to do so,from the comments,

- License makes you give 10% of the coins
Your 10% of the coins are given to their team which is a serious rip-off if you ask me.Why not just put in few extra hours and fork from Ethereum/Lisk instead ? Don't know how many people will take your coins seriously if it is forked from literally a chain that allows babies to create new coins.
jahn_quid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 07:42:42 PM

What's so new about it ? It's the typical way of generating your coins fork from theirs except here you're paid to do so,from the comments,

- License makes you give 10% of the coins
Your 10% of the coins are given to their team which is a serious rip-off if you ask me.Why not just put in few extra hours and fork from Ethereum/Lisk instead ? Don't know how many people will take your coins seriously if it is forked from literally a chain that allows babies to create new coins.

Not that I disagree with you, but this is the mainstream stampede in crypto - the only way forward now is to make it so even 'babies' can create new coins.

is that what's best? I don't know. but now that all the hype has happened, you can't put the genie back in the bottle.
Polola

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:06:59 AM

Hello guys! Im a new translator from english to spanish, if u ever need to translate something from your new crytocurrencies, im open to offers!
my email: gprfalcon@gmail.com
unisearch

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:10:52 AM

create electronic money? This one looks good, but who are we in the deep ocean?
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:31:36 AM

Not that I disagree with you, but this is the mainstream stampede in crypto - the only way forward now is to make it so even 'babies' can create new coins.

is that what's best? I don't know. but now that all the hype has happened, you can't put the genie back in the bottle.
It is indeed a tradition for cryptocurrencies scene to use a forked coin. But I believe a way forward for cryptocurrencies do not depend on the forked coin. I certainly sure in the future cryptocurrencies user will be wiser and educated and will abandon any forked scamcoin, and realized which coin is suited the best for investment.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:35:36 AM

Imagine in 30 seconds or in less time if you create anything how it will and what will the future. Anything if it has to be a long lasting requires a deep thoughts, hundred of hours of debate and discussion and then you create a blueprint and come up with a idea . If all of this is skipped and just create coin is nothing more than a coin which came and will exit.
jahn_quid (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 06:47:37 AM

Imagine in 30 seconds or in less time if you create anything how it will and what will the future. Anything if it has to be a long lasting requires a deep thoughts, hundred of hours of debate and discussion and then you create a blueprint and come up with a idea . If all of this is skipped and just create coin is nothing more than a coin which came and will exit.

We were saying similar things about websites in the 90s/00s and about web apps in the 2010s
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 03:41:10 PM by p3ppymon

As you defined, “babies” who want to create a coin already have a general foundation of what is a blockchain. They might already have some knowledge of coins and realise that they can create their own one by using simple methods. Waves or counterparty just to cite two...
TerrorFromTheDeep

Activity: 324
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:37:40 PM

I think that better to use Ethereum or Waves. It is no big difference between token and coin for this purpuses. Ethereum and Waves network have a great support of the blockchain.
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:06:19 PM

There are lots of platforms to this think, nothing new about it.
And this topic is waste of time.
Do you think that you can create the best coin from just copying another coin?
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:26:33 AM

"generating" a new cryptocurrecy or a fork is useless, I never seen a generated cryptocurrency being successful in the market, most either being dead straight away or just used for a hobby purposes.
This kind of website also the reason why Bitcoin has dozens of forks in short time, and the one who manages to launch in the market are not generated like this Roll Eyes
Then again, if you're a hobbyist or just curious how this works it's a good reference.
nskendrovic

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:06:33 PM

Please we already have a large number of useless coins in the market right now and the last thing we want to do is give people the ability to make more useless coins in less than a minute and push them into the market. People have turned creating new cryptocurrencies into a money making scheme and this is what will actually bring about the downfall of cryptos in the future.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: