Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:28:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E now having largest daily trading volume  (Read 3731 times)
BitcoinWalker (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:00:46 PM

After the Bitcoin fever fell away in China, BTC-E has replaced BTCChina as the busiest trading exchange with a daily trading volume of nearly 100,000 BTC for the last couple of days.

As of now, the 24h volumes on the major exchanges are as follows:
90,926.90 BTC (BTC-E)
53,397.50 BTC (MtGox)
72,490.70 BTC (Bitstamp)
80,510.30 BTC (BTCChina)

Investing with style!

viajero

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:03:36 PM

why is BTC-E not listed on bitcoincharts.com anymore?
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:07:50 PM

After the Bitcoin fever fell away in China, BTC-E has replaced BTCChina as the busiest trading exchange with a daily trading volume of nearly 100,000 BTC for the last couple of days.

90,926.90 BTC (BTC-E)
53,397.50 BTC (MtGox)
72,490.70 BTC (Bitstamp)
80,510.30 BTC (BTCChina)

That's very impressive. Anyone know what has lead to the rise of btc-e?
BitcoinWalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:12:33 PM

90,926.90 BTC (BTC-E)
53,397.50 BTC (MtGox)
72,490.70 BTC (Bitstamp)
80,510.30 BTC (BTCChina)

Commodities alone, they do a combination of different cryptos, i.e BTC, LTC, NMC... There could be some other factors too.

Investing with style!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:13:02 PM

ROFLMAO. Actually it is not the rise of the BTC-E. It is due to the decline of the other exchanges.

BTC China volume has declined by more than 50%, and Mt Gox has also declined considerably. BTC-E is having near-100% market share in the CIS nations (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus.etc) and the volumes haven't changed much. Also, I have heard that BTC-E is keen on expanding to China.
BitcoinWalker (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:15:57 PM

ROFLMAO. Actually it is not the rise of the BTC-E. It is due to the decline of the other exchanges.

the volumes haven't changed much.

This shows that you did not watch what happened on BTC-E closely. Their daily volume was much less than what they are having now.

Investing with style!

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:23:04 PM

BTC China volume has declined by more than 50%, and Mt Gox has also declined considerably. BTC-E is having near-100% market share in the CIS nations (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus.etc) and the volumes haven't changed much. Also, I have heard that BTC-E is keen on expanding to China.

why is there only one exchange for eastern europe Huh ? or maybe i dont know the others...

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:23:50 PM

why is there only one exchange for eastern europe Huh ? or maybe i dont know the others...

bitstamp is in slovenia so I'm sure they server eastern europe as well. btc-e seems to have found a great niche i.e. people trading litecoins when other exchanges have ignored them, even when (mtgox for example) promised to support them.
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:28:01 PM

I'm personally hoping Kraken can seriously catch up soon and start offering margin trading. Where did you get this info and how far back are Kraken?

Mark
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:37:35 PM

I'm personally hoping Kraken can seriously catch up soon and start offering margin trading. Where did you get this info and how far back are Kraken?

Mark

kraken are great, but the fact they are based in the united states is keeping a lot of people away from them.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:41:32 PM

Mark

kraken are great, but the fact they are based in the united states is keeping a lot of people away from them.

Note to self. Don't start up bitcoin exchange in US.
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:48:15 PM

bitstamp is in slovenia so I'm sure they server eastern europe as well. btc-e seems to have found a great niche i.e. people trading litecoins when other exchanges have ignored them, even when (mtgox for example) promised to support them.

+1
I buy and sell bitcoins via bitcoin.de, but I used btc-e, too, because there I can change btc to fiat instantly and buy other cryptos reliable (not like cryptsy, which cannot handle the traffic).

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Desensitizer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:50:44 PM

BTC-E is great in terms of being a fully functional quick exchange that accepts a wide variety of payment sources and also has a real-time chat room which although trolly at times is fairly novel and interesting to watch from a speculative perspective. I know some people are worried that it is based in Russia but I think that it certainly the best option right now. The decline of Mt. Gox seemed inevitable their servers sucked and their costs of transferring money were expensive and their means of transferring funds were too few.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:55:33 PM

BTC-E is great in terms of being a fully functional quick exchange that accepts a wide variety of payment sources and also has a real-time chat room which although trolly at times is fairly novel and interesting to watch from a speculative perspective. I know some people are worried that it is based in Russia but I think that it certainly the best option right now. The decline of Mt. Gox seemed inevitable their servers sucked and their costs of transferring money were expensive and their means of transferring funds were too few.

"trolly at times" - there's an understatement to top them all Smiley but it is fun to watch for 15 mins.

Gox is also declining because you just can't get cash out of there easily. Who's ever heard of an exchange that takes months to process outgoing wires. Rearrange the following: "foot shooting the in yourself "

I think btc-e is based in Bulgaria actually but same ball park.
Barek

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:55:58 PM

The fairly low flat 0.2% transaction fee also helps.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:57:49 PM

The fairly low flat 0.2% transaction fee also helps.

Definitely. With Gox charging 0.6%, that's massive when coins are costing so much. Great point.
Georgio

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:19:28 PM

BTC-E is great in terms of being a fully functional quick exchange that accepts a wide variety of payment sources and also has a real-time chat room which although trolly at times is fairly novel and interesting to watch from a speculative perspective.

BTC-e trollbox archive: http://trollboxarchive.com/
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:26:48 PM

Mark

This may be a stupid question, but I'm kind of new. Why would people rather use BTC-e in some mystery part of Eastern Europe than Kraken in the US? I personally think BTC-e are great and actually use all available brokers, but I would have thought the influx of new people would have been attracted to Kraken by it's "shiny" interface and a perceived level of "trustworthiness". I have been wondering this for a while now.
fr33d0miz3r

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:37:55 PM

I think btc-e is based in Bulgaria actually but same ball park.

btc-e is probably registered in Bulgaria, but de-facto they are in Russia
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:47:25 PM

Use kraken, it's the best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: