Bitcoin Forum
September 11, 2024, 02:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E now having largest daily trading volume  (Read 3767 times)
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:50:49 PM

Though I have no doubt as the community grows, the idiots will come...and there will be more and more scams etc. associated with them.

I have some bad news for you: having scams "associated with" a financial institution is unavoidable, and perhaps even a sign of success in the legacy banking system.

My personal preference in a broker/exchange is PURE utility. Speed of execution, depth of market, absence of slippage to a reasonable extent etc....

As soon as you get your coins held for ransom you will figure out that there is something far more important than any of these concerns.

I hear you on the first point...and the second point I completely understand too. I guess I was talking from a Forex point of view, a more mature market with theoretically less danger of a broker running away with all your deposit. It's all about due diligence I guess...and currently in the Bitcoin world, operating with money you can afford to lose. I hope the days of this kind of fear in the Bitcoin exchange/brokering market are over soon...but I don't think it will be as soon as I would like.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:14:16 AM

That's very impressive. Anyone know what has lead to the rise of btc-e?

They don't demand an identity-theft-enabling dossier from their customers, simple as that.

Might sound revolutionary, but not holding a gun to your customers' head is sort of a competitive advantage when everybody else is doing it.

That actually scares the heck out of me, plus yes, explains why they have so many clients Wink

That's not revolutionary, its just avoiding doing what they need to do to keep within the law, even Bulgarian or Russian law. I don't expect them to be around in 12 months.
BitcoinWalker (OP)

Activity: 127

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 03:51:32 AM

BTC-E enjoyed one of the busiest trading days in its history with 155,077.00 BTC changing hands today. It looks like people are buying in when the price is much lower than it was a week ago, which gives some hope that Bitcoin is still attractive to long-term investors.
https://bitcoinwalker.com/btce/

Investing with style!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:59:29 AM

BTC-E enjoyed one of the busiest trading days in its history with 155,077.00 BTC changing hands today.
https://bitcoinwalker.com/btce/

All trading sites had one of, if not, the busiest day in their existence. Shame the price halved Wink
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:11:09 AM

All trading sites had one of, if not, the busiest day in their existence. Shame the price halved Wink

No. The Chinese exchanges are still down. And I don't think that they'll pickup steam anytime in the near future.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:03:24 PM

No. The Chinese exchanges are still down. And I don't think that they'll pickup steam anytime in the near future.

That's because they've been shut down. You are right about them not picking up steam. Its difficult when the Chinese government stops you operating.
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:12:04 PM

I am really happy for btc-e, their support is shit but I never had a problem with them (touching wood).

That's not revolutionary, its just avoiding doing what they need to do to keep within the law, even Bulgarian or Russian law. I don't expect them to be around in 12 months.

btc-e has been around for a very long time. If you think it's cryptsy-like, you are wrong. Up time is very good and lag is minimum.
Can you please quote the Bulgarian/Russian laws requiring exchanger to verify customers identity? Oh wait

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:09:37 AM

I am really happy for btc-e, their support is shit but I never had a problem with them (touching wood).

btc-e has been around for a very long time. If you think it's cryptsy-like, you are wrong. Up time is very good and lag is minimum.
Can you please quote the Bulgarian/Russian laws requiring exchanger to verify customers identity? Oh wait

I'll do some research once you tell me whether their business is registered in Bulgaria or Russia.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: