Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: World's first online store to only accept stablecoins as payment  (Read 182 times)
bornforfreedom (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:19:44 PM

Huge news guys: https://www.ccn.com/havven-launches-worlds-first-online-store-to-solely-accept-a-stable-cryptocurrency-as-payment/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess Havven is making headlines for their recent ecommerce store launch. You can even buy Apple products on there  Shocked
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
topchiiy86

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:28:12 PM

It's really great to see that the project is moving on and the team keeps their promises. Crypto market lacks good stable coins and I think we can see a new trend of such coins. It's really nice when you can buy anything you need just using your cryptocurrencies!
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:14:34 PM

It's really great to see that the project is moving on and the team keeps their promises. Crypto market lacks good stable coins and I think we can see a new trend of such coins. It's really nice when you can buy anything you need just using your cryptocurrencies!

could not agree more. so unique that you can say you bought an iphone with a stablecoin lol. I see lots of promise with them especially with the CEO's background. Havven is very solid imo
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:28:04 AM

I would want to see more ecommerce stores along with local establishments around the world accept cryptocurrency as a mode of payment because only a select few offers it because of volatility and transaction fees. I believe the this is the next crucial step that we need to make in order to make innovations and stabilize the prices of crypto.
cvan

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:24:54 PM

I would want to see more ecommerce stores along with local establishments around the world accept cryptocurrency as a mode of payment because only a select few offers it because of volatility and transaction fees. I believe the this is the next crucial step that we need to make in order to make innovations and stabilize the prices of crypto.

have you looked into the CEO of havven? He also owns blushyft: https://www.blueshyft.com.au/

I think that's a good indicator for adoption of havven. thoughts?
iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:31:59 PM

Did anybody try this to tell us his experience? Where can we buy this stablecoin?
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:43:26 PM

This does seem like good news, but I've never heard of the store, so it's not likely to have any effect on the price of bitcoin or crypto in general. We need to see a real megastore accepting cryptocurrency, but I do agree that it's a step in the right direction. If only Amazon, Walmart or even Google would take a risk.
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:51:11 PM

Huge news guys: https://www.ccn.com/havven-launches-worlds-first-online-store-to-solely-accept-a-stable-cryptocurrency-as-payment/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess Havven is making headlines for their recent ecommerce store launch. You can even buy Apple products on there  Shocked
Good news! but this would only beneficial for those users who hold stablecoins into that particular place which they can able to use it up like traditional fiat on purchasing up some stuffs but I don't see this thing to be surprising yet there are other coins which do have the same kind of implementation where they do accept some coins in exchange to their goods/stuffs and same being said above it doesn't really give any impact on btc price but somehow this can spread out some awareness about crypto.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:53:43 PM

Good news. I hope other sites will adapt and follow them.
michael23

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:06:05 PM

That's very good news. If cryptocurrencies are increasingly accepted as payment for some goods or services, the greater will be its impact and its development around the world.
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:12:07 PM

The idea of world's online store accepting crypto is a really good one, as it benefits the whole community. But accepting only stablecoins is not something good - less customers and less people believing in this project.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:12:16 PM

They maybe the world first online store to accept cryptocurrency as payment but they will not be the only one anymore. I saw a lot of similar projects as this. As a matter of fact I have participated in a bounty campaign of one of this kind of project  also and i’ve seen more too.

manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:14:49 PM

Step in the right direction for sure. Hope other stores accept crypto.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:32:22 PM

This is a step in the right direction. Not only is it their own store, but Havven also partnered with ALLDAYZIP (ecommerce store).

Just saw on twitter that they're also giving away 5000 eUSD. How to enter: https://blog.havven.io/enter-our-estore-competition-535c548c353c
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:52:48 PM

This is really a big surprise which i hear on an online store accept payments through digital coin currency. This idea brings a big impact to e-commerce which other online store will follow the same procedure because now a days many people or users in crypto world have there stablecoins in there wallet which can easily transact in a moment.
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:58:50 PM

This is really a big surprise which i hear on an online store accept payments through digital coin currency. This idea brings a big impact to e-commerce which other online store will follow the same procedure because now a days many people or users in crypto world have there stablecoins in there wallet which can easily transact in a moment.

agreed. this is a big step for the crypto world and also the idea of stablecoins. Love this project and what they stand for.

Also, did anyone sign up for the competition??
jack107

Activity: 207

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:40:18 PM

Mass adoption here we comeeeee  Cheesy

I like that you can buy stuff that you would actually want in their store. I wonder if they're going to expand the products
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:49:14 PM

I don't think this news is very good for us and whole crypto. The more popular and adopted become stablecoins the lessened need of bitcoin is. Right now every entry in crypto starts from buying bitcoin, then change it on something else. Later you wish to get off money from crypto and you get bitcoin again and exchange it to fiat. If stablecoins will be adopted worldwide and rather popular there would be no need to buy bitcoin at entry/exit point and whole market will lose a huge part of value...So this news is same bad as a new stablecoin from GoldMan Sachs.
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:44:18 PM

It's really great to listen to this news. More online shops should adopt it. I heard about a currency through which i can buy Tesla cars.
Fulmand

Activity: 568
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:21:32 PM

That could be a great idea, pursuing the dream of global acceptance needs more merchants and establishments accepting cryptocurrency as payment because it will increase the needs of crypto, people do not belong to a crypto community still buying coins in order to buy a certain stuff that had been sold in ecommerce store and contrary to that, crypto supply is also affected  as the demand goes higher so stabilized value of crypto will be achieved.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: