Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:08:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta Mask wallet security  (Read 294 times)
modamo (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:50:24 PM

I use Meta Mask wallet. But I wonder, is it possibble to be attacted by hackers any way? My MEW wallet was stolen, that's why this question is problem for me.

cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

I use Meta Mask wallet. But I wonder, is it possibble to be attacted by hackers any way? My MEW wallet was stolen, that's why this question is problem for me.

Of course it is possible.  Heck even if you had paper wallet somebody can randomly get same private key and steal your coins along the way. Back to your question keep strong password on your metamask,  always double check to which wallet you are sending to as there are computer viruses that can switch what you copy and paste. Hacker can obtain the metamask files if they are good and this is why you want strong password.  If you are really paranoid go and buy hardware wallet for easy and secure solution.
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:59:03 PM

Metamasc is known to everyone as an extension to the Chrome browser, which makes it easy to send transactions to the Ethereum network, setting Gas limit and Gas price in any volumes at its discretion. It is also known as the Metamask wallet, plug-in, etc., supporting the ERC20 standard. This means that you can send and receive not only the air, but also the tokens of smart contracts Ethereum
I myself use it to once again not shine a purse)))
andrew1carlssin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

#Please, read:Daniel Ellsberg,-The Doomsday *wk

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 09:02:31 PM

everything stared with meta is probably a shit

Satoshi's book editor; SCIpher - https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/scipher.html
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:04:17 PM

It does not give great security but always something. The best are the Tazor wallet. The question that you have, and if you have money to buy such an offline wallet.
cryptotezi

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:15:41 PM

Definitely there is a chance of being affected by hackers if you were attacked earlier. No matter which wallet you are using actually. To keep your wallet, my suggestions are:

• Make a strong password
  • Don't share security points, Not even any forum (hackers are everywhere
  • Keep the backup of your private key securely

I wish you to keep your account safe.
iconternal

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:04:50 AM

Hackers can do everything they can to get what they want and hackers are always trying to find a gap in hacking our private keys, we'd better use a lot of security.

ANYONE
(ANY)   www.any-one.org   (ANY)
Investment Platform
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:10:20 AM

I’m sorry to hear that guy. As you know that everything which is connected with internet always brings us a big risk because on internet, nothing is secure. There is no doubt that there have a big amout of people using MEW because it’s much more secure than any other wallets. But it always never has a perfect safe in online wallet. Thus, although when our account is stolen which makes us definitely in bad mood, anyway we have to accept what happened to us.
germeni

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:22:21 AM

i heard is still a way to hack this wallets. So nothing is sure in this days just be carefull and have split you money, don t keep all in the same wallet.
etin06

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:32:57 AM

Metamask can't be easily hacked because it's not a web wallet like MEW. Metamask is a chrome extension so it difficult to be hacked except when the owner is careless with his or her private key
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:34:21 AM

your new couldn't be stolen on its own. mew only gives you access to your address by using the private key. So you had to give away your private key in order to get hacked
Nonie

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:50:57 AM

the possibility of being hacked is definitely the most common of the phishing web traps or you give your security key to others. stay cautious about using metamasks beware of web phishing and carelessness to not tell your security key to others

muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:53:35 AM

Any way there is nothing impossible for those hacker to do because they keep there eye everywhere but I still think it will be difficult for them to get into meta mask because it has high security rate.
qiafbounty

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 02:46:46 PM

i think metamask still better than insert private key on exchange like etherdelta or idex. if u want safer u can buy hardware wallet like ledger or trezor.
aruldaroy

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:30:09 PM

i think metamask still better than insert private key on exchange like etherdelta or idex. if u want safer u can buy hardware wallet like ledger or trezor.
very correct, it is true for now this is a very good metamask for its security than others, such as private key, and jason file, if in my opinion is still better metamask, so to hack hard, because the security is very high, my advice do not save the private key in the forlder without creating a password.
achlyss

Activity: 607
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:25:14 AM

if you use Metamask but your wallet can be hacked, your computer may be infected with malware, phishing or keylogger, this is very dangerous and should re-install your pc,

Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:02:08 PM

Web based wallets could be attacked by hackers. Metamask is supposed to be an extra layer of security to access your MEW wallet. For some peace of mind, using a hardware wallet like Trezor, Ledger Nano S, etc is the best bet as they're more secured to store one's coins.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:52:53 PM

It could be hacked. There is no such thing as 100% sure in the space. Even Trezor and Ledger Nano could be hacked/hijack also so my suggestion is to keep in mind these security habits for keeping your wallet safe.
1. Never Connect into unknown public WiFi.
2. Install and use Anti-virus often.
3. Customize your PC for your safe security (other could leave phishing apps)
4. Don't click unknown links. If possible and you're on doubt, you could manually write it in your browser.
5. Trust your guts
6. Never Leave your PK on your PC.

Do these things, you could still be possible on getting hacked but this could help you avoid regret.
wildan-nizar

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:45:58 PM

in my opinion using metamask as wallet security it's enough to secure our wallet from hacker even though there is another security system besides metamask
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:41:55 PM

somebody can randomly get same private key and steal your coins along the way

Shocked Grin

many people had same doubt whether anyone can get random key of our address , then chances are no . we need a super quantum computer to get proper private key of any wallet . this is the beauty that you cant simply guess key with or without using any software .

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: