Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta Mask wallet security  (Read 294 times)
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:43:02 PM

I use Meta Mask wallet. But I wonder, is it possibble to be attacted by hackers any way? My MEW wallet was stolen, that's why this question is problem for me.

metamask basically do all txn with its extension , so it is more safer than MEW . phishing chances are low in it .
but like you me too doubt what if someone hack metamask . so cant say if it can happen or not .

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 773

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:11:55 PM

I use Meta Mask wallet. But I wonder, is it possibble to be attacted by hackers any way? My MEW wallet was stolen, that's why this question is problem for me.
Anything do have the possibility on getting hacked an metamask isnt on the exclusion.The thing here is that the user of the said wallet either MEW or Metamask should really be responsible on how to set out best security of informations or keys regarding into its wallet because if you are careless no matter what wallet you do use,you will still end up on the same scenario which is losing money.If you are hesitant or do already have some doubts on using web wallets then why not try to use hardware ones.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:09:42 AM

metamask basically do all txn with its extension , so it is more safer than MEW . phishing chances are low in it .
but like you me too doubt what if someone hack metamask . so cant say if it can happen or not .

I dont know if you guys are already aware that metamask do have a simillar app or a clone on the extension/add on market but the only difference is that the fake metamask do not have a fox logo while the original one do have.

That is why i suggest is to always check out if you downloaded the correct browser extension because nowadays hackers and phishers are any where .

online world is not safe , therfor much better if we can switch on to the hardware wallet or offline wallets in order to achieve a maximum security.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:16:44 AM

Oh my God, the level of ignorance in this thread. First off, there's no MEW wallet technically. You just used the site to generate your wallet address and private keys. Your ETH wallet can be accessed anywhere as long as you  have the keys or passphrase.

Your computer got hacked or you happen to send to some fake MEW site your private keys. The most insecure part of all this is you. Never share keys!

MetaMask is great if you install the real thing. You use it to interact with Ethereum services and thereby avoid sharing keys.

nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

Oh my God, the level of ignorance in this thread. First off, there's no MEW wallet technically. You just used the site to generate your wallet address and private keys. Your ETH wallet can be accessed anywhere as long as you  have the keys or passphrase.

Your computer got hacked or you happen to send to some fake MEW site your private keys. The most insecure part of all this is you. Never share keys!

MetaMask is great if you install the real thing. You use it to interact with Ethereum services and thereby avoid sharing keys.
How can we know the genuine downloaded metamask?  Cause as I remember, even the entire MEW is already copied or cloned by someone or group of people, just to make a dirty move. Sorry for being a low idea about websites and other stuff.
prokerduit

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:20:13 AM

if in my opinion it is not possible if using meta mask can be hacked, because it is very safe to use meta mask. no data data should be input. unlike the prpvate key that can be hacked by hackers/
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

if in my opinion it is not possible if using meta mask can be hacked, because it is very safe to use meta mask. no data data should be input. unlike the prpvate key that can be hacked by hackers/
Well, if still your private key is not on the safe place , we don't need to continue to discuss about the meta mask. Everything will be none sense if you are not careful to protect your private key. So don't save your private key on your email, too risky to do that.
onepiece1995

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 01:28:45 PM

if I think personally could be but maybe only 5% to hack a wallet account that has metamask. so it's perfectly safe to use metamasks instead of entering P.P.K .
Lay

Activity: 350

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:29:32 AM

according to me your Mew wallet is hacked because you are wrong in saving private key. or you've visited a phishing site
as a suggestion, you immediately create a new account, if there is any remaining tokens immediately move to the new Mew wallet. this has become the risk of this work.

marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:28:55 AM

Many people use MetaMask for safety. But there are still hacking options such as open an unknown letter in the mail, go to a phishing site accidentally, mistakenly enter a key instead of a wallet or go to an internet through someone else's wi-fi
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 11:21:36 AM

According to me MetaMask is much more secure than MEW because now chrome only allows verified extensions which are published on the chrome store to be added to the browser meaning the chances of using a fake/phishing extension is negligible.
If you have a strong password then you should not worry much about getting hacked if you use MetaMask.

Xuaquing141

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 04:25:19 PM

Using metamask is very safe as you do not need to enter your private key or JSON file. Therefore, if the hacker is not able to obtain your private key. I used metamask and was very pleased with its safety
Macinto$h

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:02:40 PM

The safest option that guarantees you the safety of your token is the sharing of two Wallets - a MEW and a hardware wallet, such as Ledger or Trezor.
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:10:03 PM

Of course it is possible.  Heck even if you had paper wallet somebody can randomly get same private key and steal your coins along the way. Back to your question keep strong password on your metamask,  always double check to which wallet you are sending to as there are computer viruses that can switch what you copy and paste. Hacker can obtain the metamask files if they are good and this is why you want strong password.  If you are really paranoid go and buy hardware wallet for easy and secure solution.
Yes, I also agree wit your suggestion because hackers take every little opportunity the find to rob investors of their funds but if you have a strong password and you check all necessary things before any transaction, then your funds are safe and you can also buy the hardware wallet as it is very safe, secure and more reliable to store coin even on long term.
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:24:59 AM

After my private key from myetherwallet was hacked, I only use MetaMask. So far I have not had any problems
jebul2

Activity: 555

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 03:30:47 PM

but maybe if you enter a phishing site you can get malware which causes the wallet to be hacked, but as long as I use metamask it is always safe and there are no obstacles and levels of caution we have to be careful

[
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: