Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:15:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which of these Coins has a Unique Real World Usage and is not considered a Scam?  (Read 178 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:59:20 PM

- nexo
- centrality
- golem
- ardor
- nxt
- dew
- storj
- credits
- pillar
- apex
- gifto
- maidsafecoin
- zebi
- ink
- medishares
- game.com
- wax
- cyber miles
- all sports
- ignis

Which ones above will survive a year long bear market, has a large community, proven track record.

You must choose more than 3 coins and list reasons why in no particular preferred order.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:50:55 PM

- nexo
- centrality
- golem
- ardor
- nxt
- dew
- storj
- credits
- pillar
- apex
- gifto
- maidsafecoin
- zebi
- ink
- medishares
- game.com
- wax
- cyber miles
- all sports
- ignis

Which ones above will survive a year long bear market, has a large community, proven track record.

You must choose more than 3 coins and list reasons why in no particular preferred order.

Golem is targeting the cloud computing industry. Amazon web services is the big name player in that industry. I've personally have used them and I'm really not a fan of the expenses and lack of transparency. I've heard of Amazon accounts getting suspended and causing many problems. Golem is still obviously facing problems, but they have a mainnet where sellers can lend computation power for GNT.

Nexo provides instant crypto backed loans. I would personally use the service as I'm in college and have expenses. I'm scared of missing out on profits, so I would use NEXO. They already have $1+ billion in loan requests, so it looks like it will definitely be used. They've also raised tons of funds from the ICO and provide 30% of the revenue from loans to NEXO holders.

WAX will provide an optimum way of trading digital assets, more specifically, digital assets in video games, like skins, weapons, etc. Through centralized exchanges, they charge fees along with PayPal's fees. Using forums to trade and purchase digital assets leads to scams and lack of trust. WAX will continue to survive if it's adopted.

I would stay away from GTC. Despite having an incredibly expensive domain, Game.com, there really isn't a need for the token. I doubt storj will survive in the long term based on what I've read. They don't even use STORJ as a currency to pay for storage. Instead, STORJ converts the STORJ to USD and you can pay for storage that way or just use fiat. There may be discounts for STORJ, but the STORJ token is used for paying miners, bounty hunters, etc.  STORJ will lose competing against PRL or SIA.

very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:30:50 PM

- nexo
- centrality
- golem
- ardor
- nxt
- dew
- storj
- credits
- pillar
- apex
- gifto
- maidsafecoin
- zebi
- ink
- medishares
- game.com
- wax
- cyber miles
- all sports
- ignis

Golem is targeting the cloud computing industry. Amazon web services is the big name player in that industry. I've personally have used them and I'm really not a fan of the expenses and lack of transparency. I've heard of Amazon accounts getting suspended and causing many problems. Golem is still obviously facing problems, but they have a mainnet where sellers can lend computation power for GNT.

Nexo provides instant crypto backed loans. I would personally use the service as I'm in college and have expenses. I'm scared of missing out on profits, so I would use NEXO. They already have $1+ billion in loan requests, so it looks like it will definitely be used. They've also raised tons of funds from the ICO and provide 30% of the revenue from loans to NEXO holders.

WAX will provide an optimum way of trading digital assets, more specifically, digital assets in video games, like skins, weapons, etc. Through centralized exchanges, they charge fees along with PayPal's fees. Using forums to trade and purchase digital assets leads to scams and lack of trust. WAX will continue to survive if it's adopted.

I would stay away from GTC. Despite having an incredibly expensive domain, Game.com, there really isn't a need for the token. I doubt storj will survive in the long term based on what I've read. They don't even use STORJ as a currency to pay for storage. Instead, STORJ converts the STORJ to USD and you can pay for storage that way or just use fiat. There may be discounts for STORJ, but the STORJ token is used for paying miners, bounty hunters, etc.  STORJ will lose competing against PRL or SIA.

Ok great I check them out. Any more from the list above you think are good?
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:02:48 PM
Merited by Welsh (1)

- nexo
- centrality
- golem
- ardor
- nxt
- dew
- storj
- credits
- pillar
- apex
- gifto
- maidsafecoin
- zebi
- ink
- medishares
- game.com
- wax
- cyber miles
- all sports
- ignis

Centrality - The targeted market sounds generic and its already saturated. I would not invest in this coin.

Ardor - They claim to be the first scalable blockchain. Ethereum definitely has a scalability problem, but other coins have solved this problem. Those other coins have also have better partnerships, teams, and platforms. TRX is one of those coins. I feel much better investing in TRX, especially given the current price, than Ardor. TRX's mainnet is also launching soon. ETH also claims to be working on solving their own scalability problem.

NXT - I personally don't like NXT's explanation to WHY someone would use NXT. According to their website, they say "Nxt is a natural evolution of blockchain technology." It allows you to create an application directly on the blockchain, but many other cryptocurrencies allow this as well. It doesn't seem like it's backed by a solid concept nor a team. There are many better coins in my opinion.

Dew - I haven't heard of this coin before. Apparently they're a decentralized exchange. Decentralized exchanges is what crypto will need, especially in the future. You can even trade stocks and futures on the exchange, I'm not sure exactly how that will work. They have an exchange, apps, and a wallet. However, I couldn't find a whitepaper on their site, nor a team. I would need someone to convince me further to invest in dew. If you want to invest in an exchange, I recommend DECOIN's ICO. I personally invested in DECOIN, I believe it will be the next KuCoin. Here's an article that I wrote: https://steemit.com/decoin/@matthewoz101/decoin-is-the-better-kucoin-decentralized-profit-sharing-cryptocurrency-exchange

Apex - Looks like a promising project and unique target market. I'd have to read the whitepaper in depth, but on the outside it looks great. It's a very new coin listing as well. The ICO price was $0.16 apparently and the price is currently around $0.22. I would wait for the price to drop below $0.118 at least and potentially buy under the ICO price. I just briefly looked at the whitepaper and the mainnet of Apex launches in 2019. I would need more confirmation that this project will actually be adopted. More partnerships would build my confidence in this coin, but it's definitely worth a buy if the price drops below ICO price.

ZEBI - The team looks excellent and the project will solve tons of real world problems. I'm not sure what the utility of the actual ZEBI coin is. I would have to read more about this one. That actual project is solving real world problems though.

CyberMiles - A project that targets smart contracts for ecommerce. There's a need for this coin and will be an increasing need for this coin in the future. However, I doubt the average ecommerce user would know how to use this coin or want to use it. The project will probably rely on large businesses in order for adoption at first. I would look out for partnerships, but this coin solves problems just like ETH, except for ecommerce.

All Sports - It's ETH for the sports industry. If the road map is followed, it will have real world usage because there's even a lack of a centralized platform to display a sports business's data and for investors to view/pursue. It solves many problems in the real world and is much more efficient for the sports industry's economy.   

very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:26:28 PM

- nexo
- centrality
- golem
- ardor
- nxt
- dew
- storj
- credits
- pillar
- apex
- gifto
- maidsafecoin
- zebi
- ink
- medishares
- game.com
- wax
- cyber miles
- all sports
- ignis

Centrality - The targeted market sounds generic and its already saturated. I would not invest in this coin.

Ardor - They claim to be the first scalable blockchain. Ethereum definitely has a scalability problem, but other coins have solved this problem. Those other coins have also have better partnerships, teams, and platforms. TRX is one of those coins. I feel much better investing in TRX, especially given the current price, than Ardor. TRX's mainnet is also launching soon. ETH also claims to be working on solving their own scalability problem.

NXT - I personally don't like NXT's explanation to WHY someone would use NXT. According to their website, they say "Nxt is a natural evolution of blockchain technology." It allows you to create an application directly on the blockchain, but many other cryptocurrencies allow this as well. It doesn't seem like it's backed by a solid concept nor a team. There are many better coins in my opinion.

Dew - I haven't heard of this coin before. Apparently they're a decentralized exchange. Decentralized exchanges is what crypto will need, especially in the future. You can even trade stocks and futures on the exchange, I'm not sure exactly how that will work. They have an exchange, apps, and a wallet. However, I couldn't find a whitepaper on their site, nor a team. I would need someone to convince me further to invest in dew. If you want to invest in an exchange, I recommend DECOIN's ICO. I personally invested in DECOIN, I believe it will be the next KuCoin. Here's an article that I wrote: https://steemit.com/decoin/@matthewoz101/decoin-is-the-better-kucoin-decentralized-profit-sharing-cryptocurrency-exchange

Apex - Looks like a promising project and unique target market. I'd have to read the whitepaper in depth, but on the outside it looks great. It's a very new coin listing as well. The ICO price was $0.16 apparently and the price is currently around $0.22. I would wait for the price to drop below $0.118 at least and potentially buy under the ICO price. I just briefly looked at the whitepaper and the mainnet of Apex launches in 2019. I would need more confirmation that this project will actually be adopted. More partnerships would build my confidence in this coin, but it's definitely worth a buy if the price drops below ICO price.

ZEBI - The team looks excellent and the project will solve tons of real world problems. I'm not sure what the utility of the actual ZEBI coin is. I would have to read more about this one. That actual project is solving real world problems though.

CyberMiles - A project that targets smart contracts for ecommerce. There's a need for this coin and will be an increasing need for this coin in the future. However, I doubt the average ecommerce user would know how to use this coin or want to use it. The project will probably rely on large businesses in order for adoption at first. I would look out for partnerships, but this coin solves problems just like ETH, except for ecommerce.

All Sports - It's ETH for the sports industry. If the road map is followed, it will have real world usage because there's even a lack of a centralized platform to display a sports business's data and for investors to view/pursue. It solves many problems in the real world and is much more efficient for the sports industry's economy.   

Great I look into those.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: