Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I do with my setup?  (Read 486 times)
kyriezolo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:50:18 PM

I have decided to make use of the low temperatures in my area and run my computer 24/7 for some days, which may be 10 or more. Here are the specs:
- i7 3770K @ 3.5GHz
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
- PNY GTX 670 2GB

I'm currently mining Litecoins, and the 670 is giving 190KH/s with scrypt while staying at 53 C and 80% fan speed(set manually), and using around 150W. I have a few questions:
- Will the fan survive staying at 80% all the time? I'm talking about a timeframe of at least 10 days in a row. I believe the temperature is in the safe limits for constant usage. I don't really know much about GPU limits, so any info is appreciated. I decided to speed up the fan rather than keep the card in 80 C.
- Will it stay profitable with the difficulty increases? Or is it better to mine another *coin and trade for BTC / LTC?
WillMilk4Coin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

Your fan will be just fine running at 80%. In fact, you could reduce speed a bit. If your card is a stable 53C, that is really quite cool for running at full load. Most of my cards run in about the low 70s. I'm sure you've seen it elsewhere, but if you can mine with a radeon card, you should do so. You will get a much greater hashing speed and much better efficiency.

I'm sticking with LTC for the moment, but it may be worth checking out some others. It's all speculative, but what I see with LTC is a greater and more stable market base. With a higher price and demand, it is the safest alternative coin to mine. However, it is very possible it is not the most profitable as some other easier to mine coins that could possibly see a sizeable increase in price. My suggestion would be to spend some time mining a handful of different coins, but collectively spend a greater amount of time with LTC.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:15:28 PM

If you mine Litecoins now, you might make $5-10 of them per day. If you mine Dogecoin now, you can make $30-50 of them per day.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
kyriezolo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:10:48 PM

Is there a large difference between PPS and PPLNS? Sometimes I may mine for 16 hours a day or less, but definitely more than 12.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: