Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 09:08:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help - Bitcoin Exchanges Functionality - Degree  (Read 482 times)
General_A (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:55:52 PM

Hi All,

I was just wondering what functionalities/features you think are necessary for a bitcoin exchange? Any features that exchanges are lacking that you think could enhance the experience? This is a broad question I know - so let me explain.

I am currently doing a business degree which has set us a Christmas holiday project. I have to simulate setting up an online business and I decided to simulate one running an online bitcoin exchange.

I am at the market research stage. I have covered most aspects just I haven't asked the consumer group stage.

Also I was wondering do you prefur

1) Simplicity or complexity?
2) A business which you envisions to be more like your bank (traditional) or more to an online tech company (modern)?

Any guidance is very much appreciated,

James

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:33:23 PM

Well, there are several aspects.

- How easy is it for users to get money (usd, euro whatever) into you exchange, so they can buy coins? That's the biggest problem at the moment, I guess. Over here most banks block bitcoin transactions. Paypal has the chargeback issue.

- Same problem for FIAT withdrawals.

- Do you want to attract daytraders? Means, you need advanced features, like graphswith  indicators etc.

- API is another aspect. A good API means, that you can attract bot coders. Bots usually make a lot of trades => you make more money from trade fees. Some websites can also fetch market data to provide longterm charts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: