Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:04:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in 7 GH/s?  (Read 4295 times)
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:12:10 PM

lulz so much confusion in this thread

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 05:43:59 PM

lulz so much confusion in this thread

It was pretty competitive for me to secure the deal but I think I managed it :-)

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
kookiekrak

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:04:44 AM

so 7ghs = 2.5btc a day * 30 = 75btc = around 800$?

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

mike678

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:33:47 AM

so 7ghs = 2.5btc a day * 30 = 75btc = around 800$?
huh? how are you getting 2.5 btc a day. Its 3.899. So that's about 117 btc or 1,287 dollars
kookiekrak

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:35:17 AM

yeah my bad. i fail at math

mike678

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 02:21:36 PM

Its all good Tongue I have to agree though I was following this thread because those two were fighting to the death over this deal haha
film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 02:36:37 PM

Its all good Tongue I have to agree though I was following this thread because those two were fighting to the death over this deal haha

Hell yeah :-)

P.S I haven't heard anymore from the guy since my PM yesterday about payment.Can someone send him a reminder to sort out my payment methods for this deal?

BTCrow

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:27:58 PM

I wonder why people are renting their mining equipment.

If the diff is same for the next 30 days, then it give about 120 BTC at the end of the month. So if the guy who rent mine for himself he could get 200$ more than what he will get from renting it... It's sound strange to me

logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:31:12 PM

If the diff is same for the next 30 days, then it give about 120 BTC at the end of the month. So if the guy who rent mine for himself he could get 200$ more than what he will get from renting it... It's sound strange to me

It's all a scheme to get more money out of it. I mean, if the equipment holds a high usd value and the owner isn't getting that, reting it out could possibly pay off that value and then some(depending).
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:34:10 PM

How is it strange to rent equipment for more than what a person is currently making?  It means the person renting it is planing to make more money from the rental than he is paying for it, you just don't know how.  So are you saying you want to rent it some hashing power to me?
BTCrow

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:46:33 PM

How is it strange to rent equipment for more than what a person is currently making?  It means the person renting it is planing to make more money from the rental than he is paying for it, you just don't know how.  So are you saying you want to rent it some hashing power to me?

No what I mean is people who rent it make a great deal of course I agree with that, but I don't understand why the seller don't use it instead of renting it.

logansryche

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:54:58 PM

No what I mean is people who rent it make a great deal of course I agree with that, but I don't understand why the seller don't use it instead of renting it.

Well think of it like this. Why would someone spend the time to sit there and mine when you can rent your rig out to someone who will do this for you. It all boils down to lazyness and money.
BTCrow

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 03:58:07 PM

Well think of it like this. Why would someone spend the time to sit there and mine when you can rent your rig out to someone who will do this for you. It all boils down to lazyness and money.

Hmmm is it not the same job to wait 30 days to mine for yourself or wait 30 days to mine for another person ? I get the point that if the seller is in need of money fast this is a good idea to do but instead of that this is not worthin

logansryche

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:00:06 PM

It is.. but it still boils down to lazyness. I mean, sure I could sit there and mine all day and put energy into it, or I could rent it out and let someone else do the work. Either way it's lazyness and money lol.
mike678

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:06:13 PM

It all comes down to guaranteed money or speculative money. Businesses do this all the time. Why do you think they give you a discount for a year of their service and the most expensive one is monthly? It's because since they are guaranteed to get that amount of money they are willing to throw in incentives (lower prices). When a user buys only one month the risk is that they will stop after the first month and the company will no longer get paid.

This applies to renting bitcoin servers because if for some reason bitcoins hits the fan they still have guaranteed money. While its not as profitable its much safer and a better way to guarantee long term profits.
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 04:07:18 PM

If you have expenses right now and no means to borrow you can rent your miners or you may see more value in renting.
BTCrow

BTCrow.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 04:17:30 PM

It is.. but it still boils down to lazyness. I mean, sure I could sit there and mine all day and put energy into it, or I could rent it out and let someone else do the work. Either way it's lazyness and money lol.

If you have expenses right now and no means to borrow you can rent your miners or you may see more value in renting.

It all comes down to guaranteed money or speculative money. Businesses do this all the time. Why do you think they give you a discount for a year of their service and the most expensive one is monthly? It's because since they are guaranteed to get that amount of money they are willing to throw in incentives (lower prices). When a user buys only one month the risk is that they will stop after the first month and the company will no longer get paid.

This applies to renting bitcoin servers because if for some reason bitcoins hits the fan they still have guaranteed money. While its not as profitable its much safer and a better way to guarantee long term profits.

Thanks for those explanations, more clear now. I just saw business in different way that what people renting their own equipment did.

Thanks again

Jules

film2240
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 09:12:55 PM

Hey Yochdog,
when are u gonna sort the payment method I wish to use for your services?I sent you a PM yesterday afternoon but heavent heard from ya yet.Please speak soon

ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:31:34 PM

Plus, it in essence "locks in" a price for the person selling the Mhash/sec. Think of it as a proxy for selling bitcoin futures.

If the price of btc falls, then the seller of the mHash/sec benefits.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
yochdog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 03:55:29 PM

OK, first I apologize for the confusion over my offer.  I was looking to gauge interest, and it certainly looks like there is a lot out there.

After entertaining offers, thinking I had a deal worked out, and now that has fallen through.....I will offer the following, and very specifically:

1)  I own a farm that hashes at an average 7,000+ MH/s  (rate goes up during the night when additional machines kick on)
2)  I am willing to rent out this farm on a 30 day contract
3)  I am not willing to reprogram my miners
4)  Whoever buys the contract will recieve the payout from my current pool, directed to the wallet of your choice.   
5)  payouts will be set to automatically be sent every 2.5 BTC
6)  I have averaged 4.00 BTC per day over the last 2 weeks

The price for the contract is $1,300 or 115 BTC.

I will accept either a certified check or Money order as payment if you choose to pay with USD. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: