Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoins  (Read 2122 times)
iroberti (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:27:58 PM

Hello! I'm new to the forum and I need to make a post on the newbie section. I really hope dogecoins will raise in value in the future. What do you guys think?
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:30:58 PM

Hello! I'm new to the forum and I need to make a post on the newbie section. I really hope dogecoins will raise in value in the future. What do you guys think?
No I not agree he will crush very soon as many already dead some living on ventilator machines this same happen to this 

Eliavres

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:11:51 PM

Dogecoin is a gagcoin IMO, but just like most altcoins these days it's worth a shot.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

I'm just going to buy a million or so, and see how it goes.  It's worth a try, and justdice owner dooglus made a gambling site JD clone just for dogecoins, so either he was bored or he is really into it Smiley  This will raise the DOG value by a whole lot though, trust me.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:52:16 PM

There is no doubt that this coin started as a joke and it is a good one.  I think its advantage is that its founders are not taking it seriously.

There is an exchange for DOGE, https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=DOGE&base=BTC and it shows them at 40 satoshi each.  So clearly not worthless.

The fact that douglas started doge-dice.com also suggests the coin may have something going for it.  There are not any dice sites for a large number of alt coins, I have to say that I was surprised by this.

So if you got millions on the first day, I think you can come out okay, but I would not buy them.  With 100 billion to be minted no shortage is likely.  But then, if you told me they would be worth in one week a quarter of what Devcoin is, well, I would have said you were nuts too, so what do I know.

I think its main long term contribution will be getting newer people into mining, as that ship has mostly sailed for BTC, and that's a good thing.

Good Luck!
zakurim

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:00:23 PM

I was looking into Dogecoins, to me it looked comical, but now it seems to get serious.
foaman

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:00:55 PM

hmmm ill mine 100k or so of these then just sit on them incase something big happens.  
drknife

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:01:44 PM

Mining dogecoins has been a worthwhile experience.  It is nice to get more than a fraction of a coin each round.
Tenshi

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:03:43 PM

So I started mining a bit yesterday and got 15000 of them since, should I countinue or is it pointless? It's not like I'll mine a lot with just 250khash/s.
M1ke

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:51:28 PM

I also started mining today. Jumped into DogeCoins cause of reasons stated above. BTC is impossible to jump in now.
Meriipu

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:03:36 PM

It feels superbad and stuffs when people get so high hash rates and so many coins so easily ;;
ceyre

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:06:03 PM

I think Dogecoins don't stand a chance.
Not enough features that trump other coins.
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:06:26 PM

Is it worth using the herd mining option even if you can only use cpu?
SMFloyd

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:06:46 PM

I'm also mining them because I can actually get some. I'm trying to mine Litecoin as well, though I'm not even close to having 1 coin.
smiba

Activity: 78
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:12:13 PM

Dogecoin is new litecoin.

Join my pool by the way: http://dogehouse.org/ 0% fee Cheesy
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:21:46 PM

much problems
mined 7850
forgot password
much problems
Meriipu

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:22:47 PM

WELL my graphics card gets like 20khash and throwing in the CPU adds 5-9 khash to it so totally worth it for me I think considering my electricity rent is constant.
co42

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:28:07 PM

CPU mining in general isn't recommended but you can still get a few thousand dogecoins a day (mining 24h) with a regular CPU if you're mining in a pool. Completely depends on your CPU of course.

I think it's pretty funny that a satirical coin is gaining so much traction in a short time. The name is a joke of course, but it's still based on the same code as those it's making fun of.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:38:12 PM

WELL my graphics card gets like 20khash and throwing in the CPU adds 5-9 khash to it so totally worth it for me I think considering my electricity rent is constant.

It's totally worthwhile to destroy perfectly good hardware mining an insignificant amount of a joke coin. Then again, that hardware sounds like trash in the first place  Cheesy

It feels superbad and stuffs when people get so high hash rates and so many coins so easily ;;

Why? I worked my ass off for all the mining hardware I have. I'm an uneducated high school dropout, yet I am able to comfortably afford 10MH+ of scrypt power, and soon another 50MH when Sapphire ships backordered stuff. Guess that's not fair?

Maybe quit complaining and get working. I'm proof that there's nothing to stop you besides yourself.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Pavlinius

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:43:03 PM

I mined some yesterday but today the difficulty climbed a lot and they are now mined much slower.

BITCOIN @ 13hCRyr1hLct4kPWNsjgPo1XuEXLXh4AAW, LITECOIN @ LLprHsnRvvj31tqvJyTi79AkqBtmQqhVCw
LOTTOCOIN @ LkuynfD1o8Td9VPy7ysZWJQA4eyGRSSx9X, EARTHCOIN @ ehUTcEyHkmi9ABhiXnkw6JJnbtUDi9NirN
NUTCOIN @ NTdsYSHAicJMjqcTjxSWEUDxCdBRA3kLfS
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: