Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice please newbie alert!!!  (Read 1105 times)
itsallpc (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:31:46 PM

Hi Everyone just joined and just started with cryptocoins.. What is a good coin for me to start mining? GPU mining only please!
I have read a lot of people like DOGE and a lot of people think its a pump and dump scam coin..

How about lotto coin or BIL? i am looking for something that is easy to mine to start with as i build up a coin portfolio thanks in advance loz
stepeato

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:36:11 PM

im in the exact same boat as you.  Would like to get in early on any new coins while the difficulty is very low.  Not worried about losing a few dollars on the power bill, only running CPU's right now, any ideas on a promising new alt coin or soon to launch alt coin?
^CJ^

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:42:28 PM

Personally, I like the concept of Primecoin. It's not only mining for currency but also helps science and is CPU friendly. I hope it will gain popularity and acceptance, I'll keep my cores mining a few of these when they're idle Smiley
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:46:56 PM

personally i like the Grandcoin.  the golden house icon next to Overview reminds me of the bigass mansion i'll soon be living in Cheesy

solo mining. there's no reason not to at this point

maybe 3000 coins a day profit??  Tongue
freakying99

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:56:31 PM

Hi Everyone just joined and just started with cryptocoins.. What is a good coin for me to start mining? GPU mining only please!

If you want to exchange to Bitcoin mine the most profitable.
If not, solo mine some altcoins the same day the new altcoin starts
mygitana

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:09:39 PM

Hi,
I am new like you and read some of your posts.
If you want to know which coin is best for mining there is a website for that that shows which one is more profitable and it could be a different coin everyday.
The site is called coinwarz
Hope this helps
mygitana

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:29:43 PM

Regarding give away coin:
I have tried ripple XRP. It doesn't need mining you have to go to ripple labs for more info. They have noble causes too. There is article somewhere that Google has help or invested to create this coin so it may have future.
mygitana

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:41:00 PM

Sorry my previous post didn't show, I might have tried to post it to fast. My message said it was posted already and will duplicate if I continue  so I had canceled but  looking at the forum now my XRP post doesn't make sense .
What I was trying to say in my previous post is that there are a lot of giveaway coin posted in the bitcointalk forum so till you get your gear together for mining it is a good idea to get some of the frebies. They are free right so what can go wrong.
Some of the posts I have seen are for:
33000 Particle PRT
2500 Lotto LOT

Also Fedora wallet has a faucet and every 12 hours they spit out TIPS. So set your alarm and start getting them.

If you know any other freebies let us know

P.S. Do you mind if I post a few more on your thread? Since I am new can't get to the " big boys " threads unless I have some history of posting and can only post with the newbies first.
I choose yours cause you had a question I was able to answer, and I want to have useful posts not just to clutter your thread.

Thanks
mygitana

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:51:56 PM

I am also confused out of so many coins which one will stay for the future. IT is clear that not all will remain. They need to offer something special not to compete against each other and copy the encryption.
Only time will tell but  I feel now like in the dot.com era ( I was not around ) but it seems that way where every dot com was gaining popularity and they all seemed like they will change the world but in the end just the best one remained and the stock market crashed when all the dreamy investors lost everything.

It is hard to tell which one will last in the end or bring most profit. Maybe is best to keep a bit of each. You may not get super rich but you will have for sure  a piece of the action.
I know is best to have millions of some coin that will become next BTC  but if it doesn't happen you just missed the action all together. Just a tought.
R8dz

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:56:15 PM

Dogecoin... Much doge Grin
mygitana

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:17:43 PM

I have tried to find other newbies to complete my required amount of posts but most of newbies don't have any posts to reply too or they are in foreign languages.
I will have to stick with thread once again hope you don't mind
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:20:51 PM

Look for three things: -
1. Any new innovations in the coin.
2. Tech and dev support
3. And amount of coins minted before getting public (premined) and if its done is the inventor tells about it publically.
profitpm

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:55:36 PM

I'm pretty new to this whole mining thing too.  So far I've been able to mine DOGE, QUARK, LOTTO and Ron Paul coins.  I don't have much of any of them and don't really know what I'm doing yet. 
mygitana

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Troy , can you elaborate on that?
Reyhs

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:00:55 PM

DOGE... DOGE... DOGE... !!!
mygitana

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:20:32 PM

Why is doge coin so popular? I have seen some activity on that but not sure why will be this better than other out there?
qvibi

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:50:33 PM

such currency... much coin... so crypto... wow... plz mine... very rich... many coins... such profit... WOW
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 09:18:01 PM

You can always mine the most profitable on coinwarz and just trade the coins to whichever coin that you believe in long term....
mygitana

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:50:53 AM

Are all this new coins even worth looking at?
So many every day... What is Frozen or XIVRA, and what the heck is going on.... do people really this many kinds? Is this a diversion from the real coin and if yes which is the real one? Is it still Bitcoin? Will all the coins be needed somehow or some will perish?
Which are the dark horses that will remain in the game than?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:07:09 AM

If you want to restrict yourself to CPU mining, then there are only a few coins that you can mine: Primecoin is one. I don't remember the others, but certainly none of the other coins mentioned in this thread so far.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: