Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Proof of Presence" experiment  (Read 458 times)
MoMoneyMonetarism (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:27:10 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 11:10:49 PM by MoMoneyMonetarism

I would like to test the viability of Proof of Presence to thwart secret chain attacks in a high transaction verification speed environment.

Could someone please show me where in the Peercoin code Proof of Presence should be added and where to drop the verification time to 1 second?  I am a complete noob to cryptocurrency code, but have been programming for decades, so I really just need a quick kickstart...I think.

For reference: "Proof of Presence" in the simplest form rejects consecutive blocks verified by the same miner's address used for rewards & fees.

Thank you to whoever so much in advance!
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
refer_2_me

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:08:22 PM

I can't help you with code, but I'm pretty sure that what you said won't help because by default, the bitcoin wallet uses a fresh address each time it mines a block.

BTC: 1reFerkRnftob5YvbB112bbuwepC9XYLj
XPM: APQpPZCfEz3kejrYTfyACY1J9HrjnRf34Y
MoMoneyMonetarism (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:22:53 PM

Thank you refer_2_me for contributing!

I can't help you with code, but I'm pretty sure that what you said won't help because by default, the bitcoin wallet uses a fresh address each time it mines a block.

I apologize since I don't fully understand and probably wasn't clear.  I'm referring to the address used for fees & rewards.  Is that the address you are referring to?

Thank you so much in advance!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: